Ford Focus EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
evnow said:
We do this comparison often - so I thought I'll checkout how much a Focus ICE costs (equipped with Nav) : 23,780 i.e. 5,000 less than base Leaf (after tax credit).

I'm having trouble confirming the base Focus with Nav. Right now I've got $16,500 for the base so obviously I'm missing a lot.

From a taxation point of view, the tax is based on base model without accessories. Obviously that means different rates for different trim levels, but I'm not sure about factory options. I would guess you're right, that the fair compare is nav to nav. But a Versa Hatchback with factory Nav? Does that exist?

Ford Taking Orders for 2012 Focus Electric on Nov. 2
By Brad Berman · October 31, 2011 - http://www.plugincars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; link above

Ford Focus Electric fans, take note: it's nearly time to fire up your computer to reserve your electric-only 2012 Ford Focus. Starting on Wednesday, Nov. 2—just two days away—Ford will begin accepting online orders for the 2012 Ford Focus Electric.

mod edit : Pls don't post the whole articles - only small portions allowed under Fair Use doctrine.

TimeHorse said:
evnow said:
We do this comparison often - so I thought I'll checkout how much a Focus ICE costs (equipped with Nav) : 23,780 i.e. 5,000 less than base Leaf (after tax credit).

Thanks for pushing me to work harder EVNow! That's why I follow your tweets! So I'm standing by the Versa Hatchback S and SL editions as being the equivalent to the LEAF SV and SL though I'm happy to hear arguments to the contrary. And I took those base models and added an Automatic Transmission, the Special Edition Package (since most of these items are standard in the SV) and the Navigation Package; for the SL I just added the Navigation package. Destination charge isn't part of property tax rates AFAIK. We thus get:

S/SV $16,850 vs. $35,200 for a 2.1 ratio
SL/SL $19,090 vs. $37,250 for a 2.0 ratio

I'm asking for a $2.25 per $100 rate for EVs vs. a $4.57 per $100 rate on a standard vehicle. And this to diminish over a 5-year period to equilibrium. I assume standard rate of deprecation:

1. 0%
  2. 23%
  3. 34.55%
  4. 44.3675%
  5. 52.712375%

Which is the average depreciation for an automobile. Tesla's actually have a negative depreciation at least given their limited supply and LEAFs and Focus Electrics might initially as well, though both are planned for mass production and as battery technology improves, it's safe IMHO to say this will hold for EVs given the competing market pressures, all other things being equal.

Returning to Topic, comparing Focus to LEAF I'd use the following:

2012 Ford Focus SEL + PowerCode Remote Start, Voice Activated Navigation ~= SV: $21,540.00
2012 Ford Focus SEL + PowerCode Remote Start, Voice Activated Navigation, Power Moonroof ~= SL: $22,335.00

So, does anyone remember if the Focus Electric has a Moonroof option? Is that standard?

TimeHorse said:
Thanks for pushing me to work harder EVNow! That's why I follow your tweets! So I'm standing by the Versa Hatchback S and SL editions as being the equivalent to the LEAF SV and SL though I'm happy to hear arguments to the contrary.
Leaf is 6" longer & 3" wider. That is usually good enough reason not to compare.

2012 Ford Focus SEL + PowerCode Remote Start, Voice Activated Navigation ~= SV: $21,540.00

Did you actually try to build the car ? Because the way it works is - they will ask you to add other packages if you want Nav. I got a total of $24,225 - just by adding Nav, FOB & Remote start. If I look closely I'd probably need to add some other stuff - not sure.

FF.PNG

Locking this thread to continue discussion here --> http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6641" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back