Tax Credit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertstraw

Although I have a reservation to buy a Leaf, I am getting very angry at the unfairness of the cost thanks to Congress. According to the information that I could Google, 16% of people pay income tax of $7,500 or more. This means the tax credit is an illusion for most of us. It would cost the government the same amount of money for either a tax credit or grant but this way only a small percentage of upper income people are helped.

I have been contemplating ways to get the full $7,500. As far as I can tell there is nothing illegal about having an upper income person buy a Leaf and then resell it to you. If he is a relative or friend, it should cost you nothing, a stranger might charge a $1,000. I can even see people offering to do this on E-Bay. Any comments would be welcome.

As for leasing, although the seller apparently gets the $7,500, without a residual value consistent with buying with the $7,500 credit, it is not the equivalent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back