It's August - so can I order now?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonT

Ok, I'm mostly kidding. I imagine that us lucky few that got the "August" order email will not be able to continue with the order process until sometime late in the month. I was wondering though if anyone has heard any more specifics on this. Any details would help keep me from freaking out every time I get an email.

I've heard two dates. Most recently the 27th and before that I'd heard the 17th. Are either of them correct? I guess we'll see!

Next week is the Western Region Dealers Conference in Las Vegas, maybe some more information will be forthcoming from that.

I know we're all on pins and needles but before you know it, the busiest section of the forum will be "Tips and Tricks"! :mrgreen:

It is likely that August ordering will begin late August. With the very high initial demand, perhaps Nissan is just "extending September" by adding a few days in August to accomodate these orders. Remember, with delivery slated to begin in December, both August and September order dates will provide ample lead time to deliver in December. Typical lead time of a "special order" vehicle is about 90 days for most manufacturers.

i dont understand the spread of the orders really. we have a very limited # at launch, so not sure i understand the issues on the logistics of getting the orders in. i wonder if it has to do with the dealer i selected??

maybe others in the launch area who have a September date simply picked a dealer that several others have picked as well. i wonder if i got August because i picked a dealer who has not been selected as much?

DaveinOlyWA said:
i dont understand the spread of the orders really. we have a very limited # at launch, so not sure i understand the issues on the logistics of getting the orders in. i wonder if it has to do with the dealer i selected??

maybe others in the launch area who have a September date simply picked a dealer that several others have picked as well. i wonder if i got August because i picked a dealer who has not been selected as much?

That's what Nissan told me when I asked why Sept...it sounded like August orders were because of less people at that dealer.

garygid said:
I got September, but I have NO preferred dealer selected, so I doubt the number or orders at a "preferred" dealer is significant. But, it could be.

maybe you got september because you have not selected a dealer. as i understand it, if your preferred dealer does not give you a deal, you may go elsewhere.

as far as deals go, i would be pretty surprised to see any dealer charge a penny over MSRP

A few weeks ago, I removed my earlier-selected "preferred" dealer, partly because I have not selected one, and partly to see what would happen.

No apparent effect, so far.

mwalsh said:
evnow said:
If my dealer is to be believed the first batch of mails come between August 20 and 27.

I've heard between August 27th and September 3rd. But I like between August 20th and the 27th better![/quote]

I don't. That is precisely the dates I'll be on vacation and on the road between SoCal and Oregon. :evil:

Thank heaven for my iPhone and my broadband internet for my laptop. If I miss the email, it should only be for a few hours while between coverage areas. :geek:

Hey, Jimmy....I'm not so sure about posting your vacation dates on the forum.

That said, I am pretty desperate to find out when the test drive event is going to be, so that it doesn't coincide with my vacation plans.

mwalsh said:
SeattleBlueLeaf confirming Aug 20-27:

One other note - I have received some contact from Jason at Younker's Nissan as well to provide a status update that the August order folks should receive more information from Nissan between 8/20 and 8/27 to get our order in.

Same source as mine :lol:

mwalsh said:
Hey, Jimmy....I'm not so sure about posting your vacation dates on the forum.

I'm not worried. I have a house sitter who will be watching my 3 dogs, one of which is a 110lb German Shepherd who takes his job of guard-dog VERY seriously!! :twisted:

Besides, the only thing I have worth stealing will be my Leaf, and I don't even have THAT yet!! hahahahaha

Back