LED Shifter Illumination Mod

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingineer

Just because it looks cool:

pic

pic

It was tricky to do, but it looks awesome! Comes on during the day when the car is on, and dims at night depending on the setting of your dash light brightness.

-Phil

Ingineer is officially 'mod happy'.

Looks fun though...

Just know when to say when!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMSntOyqtpE[/youtube]

That does look awesome indeed!! This is how I imagined it should look. I wonder if Ingineer will be getting an award for most tricked-out Leaf :) Planning on showing off your mods at the SEMA show next year? I don't know how much it costs to exhibit though.

Seems to me the pre-production show car had something like this. I remember that being the one difference I spotted in the photos. Way to go, Phil! The coolest car on the road deserves a cool upgrade like this.

Edit: Been trying to find the photo(s) I remember seeing, and not coming up with much. But it seems that what I should be remembering is the turn signal and wiper stalks had blue inserts on the ends that looked like they should light up (hint, hint...)

You can see his seat heater switches in the top photo (in the background).
I can just see the look on the Technician's face when Phil takes it in to Nissan for its first service...WTF??

You KNOW how he's REALLY gona kill us ~

Any day now, you'll be introduced to the first ...
the one ...
and only ... 50kWh super extended traction pack.
I'm already green.
:mrgreen:

So how do we light up the gear shifter? Would love to do it! Have already upgraded luggage compartment to LED for brightness. Would love to do the shifter mod!

Ingineer said:
Just because it looks cool...It was tricky to do, but it looks awesome!
Sweet. Are you going to post instructions, or sell kits... Either way is good for me. I'd like to do this one.

Sorry, I don't have the time right now to help anyone out on this. Busy with too many other projects that will really benefit Leaf owners!

Maybe sometime soon I can get to this.

-Phil

I'm torn between doing this mod (which should be as simple as tapping the instrument panel's dimmer-controlled power and running a 12V to a blue LED that's been tucked into the controller, yes?) vs simply increasing the lumens of the ceiling spotlight that shines on the center console.

Back