2010 reservations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks as if Nissan is not going to give us 2010 reservation holders much, if any early ordering window. According to the Nissan web site, they are now taking reservations in Tier 4, but I still can't order... I can schedule a home assessment, however I can't waive the assessment yet (which I will, I already own a Leviton Evr-Green 160).

tps said:
Looks as if Nissan is not going to give us 2010 reservation holders much, if any early ordering window. According to the Nissan web site, they are now taking reservations in Tier 4, but I still can't order... I can schedule a home assessment, however I can't waive the assessment yet (which I will, I already own a Leviton Evr-Green 160).

I think you have to call CS to waive the assessment. I had the assessment open on my dashboard, called to waive and a few days later I was able to order. I haven't ordered yet but I can. I bet your order tab will open up very soon!

jimcmorr said:
I can schedule a home assessment, however I can't waive the assessment yet (which I will, I already own a Leviton Evr-Green 160).

I think you have to call CS to waive the assessment. I had the assessment open on my dashboard, called to waive and a few days later I was able to order. I haven't ordered yet but I can. I bet your order tab will open up very soon![/quote]
I chatted with CS. They said my waiver is already enabled (I asked them to do this a while ago), but I won't see that, nor will I be able to decline the assessment until my ordering window opens. Ordering this car is like running a gauntlet, but I will continue to count my trips to the gas station as I wait impatiently.

The dealer (Peruzzi Nissan) is great. For me. at least, this dealer has been the model of the way I think a car dealer should work. The salesman who will be handing me the keys when my LEAF arrives called me last weekend to alert me that ordering was about to start. I've already worked out the deal with them, so I should be able to go from RAQ to order right away. I would recommend them to anyone in the Philadelphia area who is looking for a Nissan.

reservations are now open for the Nissan LEAF™ in the following markets:

Pennsylvania
is that true or you are still waiting?

tps said:
The dealer (Peruzzi Nissan) is great. For me. at least, this dealer has been the model of the way I think a car dealer should work. The salesman who will be handing me the keys when my LEAF arrives called me last weekend to alert me that ordering was about to start. I've already worked out the deal with them, so I should be able to go from RAQ to order right away. I would recommend them to anyone in the Philadelphia area who is looking for a Nissan.

EdmondLeaf said:

Pennsylvania
I've had a reservation since 2010. As far as I can tell, they are accepting new reservations in PA, but I am still unable to order. So much for waiting more than a year after reserving. It appears I'll be ordering along with the "unwashed masses".

Correction: I just submitted a RAQ!

tps said:
EdmondLeaf said:

Pennsylvania

I've had a reservation since 2010. As far as I can tell, they are accepting new reservations in PA, but I am still unable to order. So much for waiting more than a year after reserving. It appears I'll be ordering along with the "unwashed masses".

I bet you will get the go-ahead a couple of days before the new reservations. Keep checking your dashboard daily for that notification though. From what I have read, I don't think you will get an email notification that this has opened up for you. My order tab opened up a few days after my home assement tab, but I had no email notification of either event.

tps said:
I'm probably not alone in thinking that those of us who reserved last year with the original 20,000 are not feeling good when, after all the waiting, we have maybe a 2 week advance over those who didn't reserve back then. It just seems like such a letdown. I'm not sure exactly what Nissan could do to make it up to us.. I do feel as if Nissan's marketing studies are the main beneficiary of holding my $99 for a year, because as it turns out, I feel I get very little.

I know, in another 8 months I might have my LEAF, and when I do, this will all be quickly forgotten. But I wonder how much effort they really put into trying to reward those of us who have stood by them since the original wave of reservations? (Maybe they did put some thought into it and 2 weeks is the best they could come up with.) I'm not trying to be hard on Nissan so much as get people (and maybe Nissan, too) thinking about what they might do to make us feel better about the reservation process.
Don't feel too bad. Nissan certainly did not do a great job on sequencing those that were able to order in 2010 :roll:

And yes apparently the line has gotten shorter not longer. That is the luck of draw. Kinda like getting in line 20 deep at the store and by the time you get to the front of the line there is just 2 behind you. We all seem to better enjoy the opposite. But still the cashier owes nothing special.

You will still be among the first in your area to have the LEAF and the cumbersome ordering process has kept dealer markup to a minimum. That is the real benefit to all.

Now the ball is in Nissan's court. The dealer responded to the RAQ, I accepted, and it's an now official order. I hope this quick action on my (and the dealer's) part puts me fairly near to the front of the Tier 4 line...

Edit: after such a long wait, I still have to pinch myself when I look at my dashboard and see "Order your LEAF: Complete" to be sure I'm not dreaming. I got so used to seeing the ordering step crossed out that it made it hard for me to believe that it would ever change.

tps said:
Now the ball is in Nissan's court. The dealer responded to the RAQ, I accepted, and it's an now official order. I hope this quick action on my (and the dealer's) part puts me fairly near to the front of the Tier 4 line...
Congratulations! I think that you will find the delivery time will be on the short end of the estimates you got when you placed your order.

jimcmorr said:
I bet you will get the go-ahead a couple of days before the new reservations. Keep checking your dashboard daily for that notification though. From what I have read, I don't think you will get an email notification that this has opened up for you. My order tab opened up a few days after my home assement tab, but I had no email notification of either event.

Nice tip, thank you, however I do not believe it will happen anytime soon in OK, but you never know. Just checked all is crossed. Wonder how many from April 2010 still waiting?

Congrat tps, what is your selection, color, options?

EdmondLeaf said:
Congrat tps, what is your selection, color, options?
SL, Black, Mats + Splash Guards.

I took the home assessment waiver; I'll be using a Leviton Evr-Green 160. Interesting, Nissan seems to want the dealer to tell them the model of EVSE, if it's not AV, so I told them.

Since my Nissan dealer is right around the corner from my office, I just went over there at lunch so I could do the last steps converting the RAQ to an order; they were interested to see how my dashboard interacted with theirs. Now we've both made it through the process for the first time. In just a few minutes I went from RAQ to "Ordering complete".

I got a "heads up" from my dealer last Saturday that something would be happening for Tier 4 around Dec 1, so I just started checking a couple times a day. The guys at Peruzzi Nissan have been very helpful to me.

Looks as if I'm near the front of the Tier 4 line with an estimated January delivery date! Maybe that 2010 reservation paid off after all.

Well, as I continue to wait for my LEAF to be delivered, I think I finally have an answer to the question. My 2010 reservation did allow me to order sooner, and thanks to my dealer, we had a commited order within hours of when the RAQ window opened. But an early order apparently does not mean early delivery. The first PA delivery was apparently over 3 weeks ago. So far as I can tell, my LEAF is not even in port yet.

My LEAF will apparently be delivered well ahead of April, as I had oeiginally postulated, and I'm grateful for that. But apparently Nissan still has significant out-of-order delivery problems, which at least in my case, make it seem as if having a 2010 reservation and using it to place an early order has meant nothing in terms of actual delivery, or lack thereof.

I guess my $99 funded Nissan's marketing study, but did me no real good.

You should be getting your $99 back now, since you placed your order. Shouldn't you?

I am jealous! You placed your order and are expecting your 100% Electric vehicle in terms of weeks.

Me? Even though I would be allowed to place an order from NH, I would not be able to afford the payment once it arrived. Still waiting on my house to sell in NH so I can move to GA. Then I can move forward with my LEAF and be closer to the grandkids! NH offers no incentive to purchase an alternate fuel vehicle GA does. Also, the dealer I have my eye on in GA is offering a $1000 discount off MSRP. (last I knew anyway)

jimcmorr said:
You should be getting your $99 back now, since you placed your order. Shouldn't you?
You get your $99 back after you take DELIVERY. Don't worry: the Leaf is worth the wait!

Back