Canada- Reservations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wanted to let you know how things are going with getting our EVSE from Aerovironment directly for our electrician to install.

The thing arrived after a couple of weeks but with a bill for $200 in brokerage fees. We asked FedEx to hold it for us and so far Aerovironment has said to have FedEx bill them and they will take care of it. Of course FedEx can't just take our word for that so we need a letter from AV and that is what we are waiting on at the moment.

I will update again if it does not work out.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but for the few of us in B.C. who took delivery of a Leaf prior to December 1: the CEV for BC program will now provide you with a rebate. I got a cheque from the dealer yesterday.

From http://www.cevforbc.ca/faq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
under "IF A CUSTOMER BOUGHT A QUALIFYING VEHICLE BEFORE PROGRAM LAUNCH DATE, ARE THEY ELIGIBLE FOR THE INCENTIVE?"

Should an individual who has purchased or leased a CEV, prior to the official program start date (December 1, 2011) approach the NCDABC or the dealership where the vehicle was sold or leased, requesting the incentive level be applied to their vehicle purchase, the NCDABC may apply the appropriate incentive amount provided all other eligibility requirements have otherwise been met. This discretionary provision to provide incentives to vehicles purchased or leased prior to December 1st, 2011, will only be valid for cases made to the NCDABC and/or dealerships prior to December 31st, 2011.

The dealer in Victoria, B.C. has apparently now delivered 6 Leafs. I am no longer alone. :)

ElectricAvenue said:
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, but for the few of us in B.C. who took delivery of a Leaf prior to December 1: the CEV for BC program will now provide you with a rebate. I got a cheque from the dealer yesterday.

From http://www.cevforbc.ca/faq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
under "IF A CUSTOMER BOUGHT A QUALIFYING VEHICLE BEFORE PROGRAM LAUNCH DATE, ARE THEY ELIGIBLE FOR THE INCENTIVE?"

Should an individual who has purchased or leased a CEV, prior to the official program start date (December 1, 2011) approach the NCDABC or the dealership where the vehicle was sold or leased, requesting the incentive level be applied to their vehicle purchase, the NCDABC may apply the appropriate incentive amount provided all other eligibility requirements have otherwise been met. This discretionary provision to provide incentives to vehicles purchased or leased prior to December 1st, 2011, will only be valid for cases made to the NCDABC and/or dealerships prior to December 31st, 2011.

The dealer in Victoria, B.C. has apparently now delivered 6 Leafs. I am no longer alone. :)

The Canada thread lives! Hehe. Good news on getting your rebates out in BC! Congrats.

Just as a random point of interest, Nissan has delivered just over 120 LEAFs to Canada so far, and it looks like about 1 in 4 are in BC. Almost all to Vancouver...so you do have a few out there you might see now. Not sure how many of those are retail/non-fleet customers...I'd say at most 10-12.

Back