2010 reservations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have April 20, 2010 deposit, but my credit card was closed by Citi last year. Wonder how many more with April 2010 still waiting to order? Now, there is enough cars, but Nissan want us to have local service support, which to me make a lot of sense. Of course you may not need service till 1 year, but will be great to have support and evse (just in case) at your local dealer. Last time I check even Volt dealer did not have evse installed.

jimcmorr said:
You should be getting your $99 back now, since you placed your order. Shouldn't you?
I think I will see the $99 after I complete the purchase (I will) or cancel the order. They hang onto your money as long as they possibly can.

You might be able to order as early as sometime late next month. I think Nissan's plan is to be open for LEAF business in all 50 states in March. A few tips:

1. They may not make an official announcement or send you notification before opening RAQ in your area for 2010 reservation holders. You might start checking your dashboard a couple times a day in February. I did this starting in November, and they enabled me for RAQ sometime between 8AM and noon on Nov 30.
2. If you want to move your RAQ to an order quickly, get a deal worked out ahead of time (like now) with your Nissan dealer. I did this in the beginning of Nov and was able to go from RAQ at 12:30 PM to order by 1:30PM on Nov 30th.
3. An early order does not necessarily mean an early delivery; it seems as if Nissan has never fixed that problem since it happened early on last year in California. I'm still waiting though some who ordered later have their LEAFs. But my advice is still to get your order going ASAP, anyway.

You are probably right about the $99, tps.

Nissan opened up ordering in NH last September, so I could order here. I think the local dealership has delivered at least one LEAF. I'll be going down there this weekend to check out their charger and to see if I can take a test drive in their demo LEAF. I'll see if they will tell me if they have delivered any more.

The reason I cannot order is that I would not be able to afford the payment when it arrived. When our house sells and we can get settled in GA I will have less credit card debt, a smaller mortgage payment, GA offers a $5000 incentive on top of the Fed incentive which NH does not offer, and the GA dealership I expect to order from is currently offering a $1000 break on MSRP. Considering all that I will then be able to afford the payment on my new LEAF!

I was wrong according to Nissan they have about 2000 deposit holders waiting to order. http://green.autoblog.com/2012/01/27/a-word-on-nissan-leaf-sales-orders-reservation-numbers/ I was told that Nissan spent $5 billion to develop Leaf.

tps said:
EdmondLeaf said:
Nissan R&D expenses $5.51 billion for first half of FY11. At most they had 20,000 of $99 US Leaf deposit which is 0.018% of their yearly R&D.
http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/2011/_STORY/111102-01-e.html
And your point is?

Back