Do you use the "range chart"? Do you have an iPhone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok - I've published the first test build of the "Leaf Range Calculator" iOS app to TestFlight.

If you sent me your email address, received a TestFlight invite, and registered your device with TestFlight... then you will be able to download the app and install it on your device!

A few of you who didn't register your device with TestFlight and/or just got a TestFlight invite will not be able to install this build. No worries, there will be more test builds in the coming days! ;)

Have at it.

Can you simply provide the IPA file? I can load the app that way much easier then going through "TestFlight" hoops.

DurkaDurka said:
Can you simply provide the IPA file? I can load the app that way much easier then going through "TestFlight" hoops.

It's more work for me without TestFlight - and I can't keep track of who installs the binary.

A new build was just put out! Enjoy.

*Patiently waits for the android version*

Screw it...I am not above begging...please oh please do this on android.

I thought about doing an app for android, but since I have zero coding experience I figured I would fail pretty hard and should leave it to the professionals.

FYI if you decide to try, I am more than willing to test, I have a galaxy nexus with ICS - version 4.0.2

Pipcecil said:
... I thought about doing an app for android, but since I have zero coding experience I figured I would fail pretty hard and should leave it to the professionals. ...
This would actually be a pretty easy first app for someone, unless I've misunderstood the program. Just input a couple of numbers. look them up in a table, do a couple calculations, and display them. No network code, no animation, no gps...

tbleakne said:
Will it run on an iPod Touch or iPad without internet?
If not, what does it use the internet for ? Does it need GPS ?

Internet is not required, but it will attempt to pull local temperature if there is Internet connectivity.

scottf200 said:
How about some "screen captures" and apps flow? Curious how it works.

Note, it's still in development and not complete. This is what I have so far...

menu:
Screenshot 2012.03.02 22.13.46.png

graphical entry for fuel bars:
Screenshot 2012.03.02 22.14.01.png

graphical entry for miles/kWh:
Screenshot 2012.03.02 22.14.16.png

davewill said:
Pipcecil said:
... I thought about doing an app for android, but since I have zero coding experience I figured I would fail pretty hard and should leave it to the professionals. ...
This would actually be a pretty easy first app for someone, unless I've misunderstood the program. Just input a couple of numbers. look them up in a table, do a couple calculations, and display them. No network code, no animation, no gps...

Ahh I wish it was that easy. When I say no coding experience, the last coding I ever did was java in college 11 years ago. I would probably open up a code file and go, "huh?" and spend probably another month figuring out the simple coding language. Unless its like a powerpoint/excel interface to code an android program I would be as useful as a mouse in a car factory. But crashing systems...thats my specialty!

I've been enjoying using your app and the updates you've been making. I would, however, like to see the "What is my Leaf's range" feature make a comeback. Additionally, for the "How efficient must I be" feature, would it be possible to have temperature (automatically or otherwise) come into play?

Well, it took a while but I've finally submitted a version of what I am calling the "Leaf Energy" app to the iOS app store. It will be in review for a while before they release it. (Hopefully less than a week)

Thanks to Tony Williams for allowing this all to happen - it's based on his range chart!

Huge huge thanks to the testers who really helped iron this thing out. I think we had 22 test builds! This first version will certainly need to be tweaked more so as feedback comes in we'll make adjustments.

Back