Minnesota Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scheduled my Home Assessment for later this month. Now, my dashboard says the quote I received the other day isn't listed as accomplished. When I RAQ'd on 03/01, the Home Assessment tab was not enabled.

yes it did change assessment first, but I contacted Nissan's call center at 1-877 NO GAS EV (664-2738) and got waiver now I am free to RAQ without scheduling assessment.

Just noticed that my status on the website went backwards (now no quote sent!?) and that I needed a home assessment. I got a quote at MSRP from Kline last week without a home assessment, so it was surprising to see that my quote was gone and that I had to get past the assessment before proceeding. Well, long story short, CS found the quote and reestablished it and took my request to waive home assessment also, so now I think I am in the que waiting for the proverbial 90-120 days. Lets see......that puts us out to mid summer. Bummer.

Rauv said:
Just noticed that my status on the website went backwards (now no quote sent!?) and that I needed a home assessment. I got a quote at MSRP from Kline last week without a home assessment, so it was surprising to see that my quote was gone and that I had to get past the assessment before proceeding. Well, long story short, CS found the quote and reestablished it and took my request to waive home assessment also, so now I think I am in the que waiting for the proverbial 90-120 days. Lets see......that puts us out to mid summer. Bummer.

Exactly what happened with me....Now I have my quote and it says it is only good through tomorrow at Noon....thought I would have more time to think about it. Maybe the thing to do is to order the car now....can always refuse delivery when it comes in I guess.

I'm excited. Feldmann's says I was the first to accept the quote and will likely take the first delivery there. Cayenne Red SL with Zero Emission graphics.

I'm scheduling my home assessment through Aerovironment even though the GE charger has a larger capacity for charging faster when the 2013 model comes out. Googling forum posts on the GE Wattstation reveals quite a number of early issues with their device and questionable customer service to boot. I hope this changes. I'd rather have a charger that's tested and works well now with the car I'm buying and then upgrade to one with better features like the Wattstation later. The major advantage of the Wattstation is you can buy it almost anywhere.

Irony: Deciding whether to buy your green EV car charger from a company that makes drones or a company that makes bomb and missile systems.

FYI, for those wondering who to hire for the EV charger install, here's the company Feldmann's Imports hired. They're almost synonomous with solar power installs in Minnesota and now they're diving into EV charger installation.

http://ips-solar.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Congratulations mncolin! I was so close to pulling the trigger yesterday so you beat me to it.

For what it is worth...I will be installing the charging station myself and will likely go with the Schneider or the Leviton from Home Depot. I waived the home assessment.

ips seems like a very solid company, and as soon as my southern neighbor's big green ash tree goes away I will have them loading up my garage with panels.

FYI, if you're on Dakota Electric or another Great River Energy co-op, I believe they still have a few spots left for grants in the pilot Chargewise program. $500 towards charger installation costs with separately-metered offpeak power at just over 4 cents per kw/hr. That's in addition to the federal tax credit. According to the below article, a full off-peak charge from empty will only be $1.20.

http://www.dakotaelectric.com/residential/programs/energywise_off_peak/chargewise" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cleanenergyresourceteams.org/blog/innovative-chargewise-program-great-river-energy-interview-eddie-webster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I accepted the quote today and placed the order. It's getting more real all the time now.

According to Feldmann I am the 5th to accept quotes...they feel very good about where they are. I talked to Jesse on the phone this afternoon and thanked them for taking the risk in buying their own Leaf to provide test drives...a risk that appears to have paid off well for them.

mncolin said:
FYI, if you're on Dakota Electric or another Great River Energy co-op, I believe they still have a few spots left for grants in the pilot Chargewise program. $500 towards charger installation costs with separately-metered offpeak power at just over 4 cents per kw/hr. That's in addition to the federal tax credit. According to the below article, a full off-peak charge from empty will only be $1.20.

http://www.dakotaelectric.com/residential/programs/energywise_off_peak/chargewise" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.cleanenergyresourceteams.org/blog/innovative-chargewise-program-great-river-energy-interview-eddie-webster" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We have Xcel and afaik they do not have any existing programs.

Does anyone see any status other than "pending" under "estimated delivery" on your Nissan Leaf My Account page?

I want to be sure my home assessment isn't holding up my order while I'm waiting on the appointment.

mncolin said:
Does anyone see any status other than "pending" under "estimated delivery" on your Nissan Leaf My Account page?

I want to be sure my home assessment isn't holding up my order while I'm waiting on the appointment.

Mine says 'pending'...and based on what I have seen on here I expect it to stay like that for at least a couple of months. I really really doubt your home assessment is holding anything up.

Ok, just notified on the website that my Leaf will be at the dealer April 10th. Crossed fingers but not too hopefull based on other experiences to false hopes well-documented on this forum.

Checked myself and I have 'Week of May 2'

Like you Rauv, I'm taking this with a grain of salt...but the fact that I can no longer change my color I take as a good sign.

What's everyone else seeing?

On a side note...anyone make it to the autoshow?

My home assessment is scheduled for this Friday and I ordered on 03/18/2012.
Delivery date still pending.

Had to run my quote through a 2nd area dealer and got a drastically lower lease quote. First dealer emailed me back saying they "made a mistake" but they are still much higher.

Yes, I attended the autoshow. They had a white 2011 SL (I noticed the pedestrian warning off button). Mitsubishi also had one of their iMev EVs. It is a tiny car.

Delivery date went from "Week of April 10th" to "Month of May 2012" overnight. Gotta love it. I'm expecting July 4th in my own mind.

Mine went from 'Week of May 2' to pending.

Seems similar to what the rest of the country experienced...it's just our turn now.

Still figure to be seeing my car around the 4th of July.

Most of you have probably seen this, but I thought I would post it here as this could have a huge impact on a decision to buy now or hold out for the 2013:

http://green.autoblog.com/2012/03/20/ni" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -of-range/

Back