Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LauraA said:
This is all very interesting. I live in a small town south of Savannah. My nephew, in Atlanta, has a leaf, and told me that they are very hard to get. I called Vaden Nissan in Savannah, and they had a 2011 white Leaf that was their demo. It had about 600 miles on it, and they sold it to me that same day. They also paid for my charger! Maybe they are expecting a newer demo? I'm not sure. Anyway, I love the care, they have been very helpful, and they have two charges. They also rent out cars (at discount to Nissan owners), so I'll leave my Leaf with them and rent a car for any road trips that I might take. Works for me! Take care, LauraA

I believe Nissan dealers must wait six months before they can sell the demo.

LauraA said:
This is all very interesting. I live in a small town south of Savannah. My nephew, in Atlanta, has a leaf, and told me that they are very hard to get. I called Vaden Nissan in Savannah, and they had a 2011 white Leaf that was their demo. It had about 600 miles on it, and they sold it to me that same day. They also paid for my charger! Maybe they are expecting a newer demo? I'm not sure. Anyway, I love the care, they have been very helpful, and they have two charges. They also rent out cars (at discount to Nissan owners), so I'll leave my Leaf with them and rent a car for any road trips that I might take. Works for me! Take care, LauraA

What kind of a discount off the 2011 MSRP did you end up getting?

I have noticed charging stations start to show up in metro Atlanta Walgreens. Used one Friday night while waiting to fill a prescription. Saw another today in Buckhead that was not yet on PlugShare. Looks like our family found a new pharmacy.

dbassett said:
I have noticed charging stations start to show up in metro Atlanta Walgreens. Used one Friday night while waiting to fill a prescription. Saw another today in Buckhead that was not yet on PlugShare. Looks like our family found a new pharmacy.
I saw one near me in Gwinnett on Plugshare that wasn't on Carstations. I tried to enter it there, but it didn't seem to take. I have used it a couple of times and it brought them a little business.

There is going to be an Earth Day event on April 14 at Solar Energy USA between Cumming and Alpharetta. They also have a charging station. I wish there were news on the Chademos that Nissan donated to Atlanta.

So there are 19 Walgreens charging locations (out of nowhere) in the ATL area all managed by SemaCharge now. All I can say is wow, that was quick and hopefully more will come online since it's never enough :)

On a somewhat related note, Jim Ellis Mitsubishi sent me an email on Saturday stating that my Mitsubishi i is ready for pickup today! Oh, did I reserve one of these things a while back? I guess I did...

The truck has apparently and unexpectedly dropped seven (7) of them in the past couple of days and those people don't even have official charging stations yet :) They have ten other (10) new cars in stock, so it was a big drop indeed.

Since my 6-year old is all into cars and electrics and he loves the i, we decided to go for a test drive. It's not a bad car at all but it's night and day compared to our LEAF. Let's just say that driving my LEAF back felt like a limo ride. For $35K minus my $1K Mitsubishi "voucher" it's way too much especially in contrast to the $35K Evo parked right next to it and the LEAF available for pretty much the same price... The dealer has no clue about leasing rates and there's no discounting going on, so I just don't how it's going to work out for them in the long run... Hopefully, it will find lots of buyers (the more the merrier); it's just not going to be me this time. I hedged my bets and the LEAF had won.

In other Georgia news, I saw Fisker Karma cruising up I-75. I'd definitely trade me LEAF for that...

16363998.jpg

46613409.jpg

EdmondLeaf said:
cracovian said:
For $35K minus my $1K Mitsubishi "voucher"
Leaf price with less options on it, and much smaller car

Well, to be fair, $35K includes the premium package (but pretty much essential) which somewhat matches the SL level of equipment and exceeds it in the audio department for sure.

The first thing that I couldn't get over is its dark (almost black) interior and hard plastics all around. There are no other interior options and everything seems so Spartan though the drivetrain is ok. Between 25-50 MPH, this thing has a kick but overall much slower than the LEAF. The other thing (maybe a fatal flaw if normal?) was its highway ride... This thing will not go straight without constant corrections - it had very sensitive steering and no dead spot - I was shocked how unstable and tiring it was to drive on the highway though we know it wouldn't be long anyway :)

Here's today's article about Cobb charging stations with "you know who" in the picture:

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story/18071093/article-Charging-ahead--As-electric-vehicles-join-the-roads--companies-install-outlets-for-use?instance=lead_story_left_column" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cracovian said:
Here's today's article about Cobb charging stations with "you know who" in the picture:

http://mdjonline.com/view/full_story/18071093/article-Charging-ahead--As-electric-vehicles-join-the-roads--companies-install-outlets-for-use?instance=lead_story_left_column" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great that you can relay on public infrastructure, that is not possible in my case with one public charger and dealers still waiting with their installations. 120V will simply not work for me with 1.5K/month.

I have the modified EVSE that I've used a couple of times with the dryer outlet but 120V is perfectly fine at 1.5K miles/month (that's "only" 50 miles a day) for us with a bit of supplementing as needed.

Check out my comments below the article - these people down here just don't understand...

28 Walgreens locations have chargers now! How cool is that? Not the most ideal places but it surely beats none and it should introduce the "me too!" factor :)

cracovian said:
28 Walgreens locations have chargers now! How cool is that? Not the most ideal places but it surely beats none and it should introduce the "me too!" factor :)
I stopped in again at the nearest one and thanked the manager. I also found the semacharge.com website that has the most current map of all the Walgreens sites (and an iphone app). We spotted another on Sunday that just showed on the map, but is not listed as available yet.

I am surprised nothing seems to be showing up in Athens yet. If I could charge there for more than an hour I could go full speed down 316. The Nissan dealer is nice, but it is not near anything but a Waffle House.

nogajim said:
cracovian said:
I stopped in again at the nearest one and thanked the manager. I also found the semacharge.com website that has the most current map of all the Walgreens sites (and an iphone app). We spotted another on Sunday that just showed on the map, but is not listed as available yet.

I am surprised nothing seems to be showing up in Athens yet. If I could charge there for more than an hour I could go full speed down 316. The Nissan dealer is nice, but it is not near anything but a Waffle House.

You are correct - I'm pulling this data off the SemaConnect app though most of them appear in PlugShare now too. I know the stations are free for now but I've requested their card (requiring the initial $20 deposit) as the sign of appreciation to what they're doing. Hopefully, the rates will be reasonable once they decide to switch the meter on.

Does Walgreens require you to stay with the vehicle while it's charging? Is a purchase required?
Can I park it and come back in a couple hours?

This week I had to drive beyond my range and hoped to park and charge at a Nissan dealer while I was at an appointment. They told me I had to stay with the vehicle due to "insurance purposes". Boo!

Fortunately, there was a 120v wall outlet convenient in 2 other places I went and didn't have any issues.

Total BS with that "staying with the vehicle..." So you can't even go into the lobby? If so, how many feet from the vehicle can you step away before their insurance goes after them :) And if you run out of charge and have it towed to the dealership for the charge, do you have to stay there too, overnight for example? What a bunch of morons...

Walgreens doesn't require you to do anything. Heck, as it stands now, people can block these charging stations if they want to and nothing will ever happen to them like the nasty Chrysler van that prevented me from charging at Whole Foods today. Sadly, my favorite Walgreens doesn't have one and probably won't get it.

I saw some reviews on PlugShare (especially in CA) where there are quite a few "resident" vehicles taking up the same space all the time. I'm sure this will become an issue on top of all the inconiderate retards ICEing our stations all over the place.

nogajim said:
amtoro said:
cracovian said:
The AFV plate is required for single person riding in the HOV lane. If you have a LEAF without one, you'll get a ticket. I decided not to get the special license plate since it was extra and we don't commute that much and alone. I didn't know about the tolls; that sounds really cool.

I thought they had removed the carpooling exemption altogether when they converted the HOV to Toll Road. Initially they had said that it was going to be OK for cars with 3 (no longer just 2) occupants to travel on them without a pass, but then they backed-out and the signs disappeared; only "Peach Pass" signs were there the last time I drove in that direction.
You have to have a Peach Pass to drive in the HOT lane on I-85 north of the perimeter. If you have 3 or more occupants, you are exempt from tolls, but you still need the Pass. You can change the status of your pass between toll and exempt by calling or using their website or phone app. With an AFV plate on your Leaf, you can register your Pass as always exempt. But you have to have the pass regardless of your status.

yes correct, you must get a peachpass, but right now the pass is still FREE, you can order one from the website. or by calling the 1800 number from the website.

yes you can drive the lane for FREE, both HOV and hotlanes
but the ga400 toll lane is not free. (and jackal island,the other ga peachpass/cruse card toll road)

So, to summarize:

The LEAF can travel the HOT with 3 or more occupants as long as you have a PeachPass (like any other car)
If traveling with less than 3 persons in the car, both, a PeachPass and a AFV license plate are required.

Is that correct?

1.The LEAF can travel the HOT with 3 or more occupants as long as you have a PeachPass (like any other car)
2.If traveling with less than 3 persons in the car, both, a PeachPass and a AFV license plate are required. (pass set on toll-free mode)
or
3.If traveling with less than 3 persons in the car, both, a PeachPass and you pay the toll. :)

Back