One-year/15 k miles service -$203 at Fremont, CA

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblo

The dealer is called Premiere Imports in Fremont, CA.

I had mine done two days ago. For the price, they rotated the tires, inflated the tires,
filled all fluids, checked brakes, replaced brake fluids, replaced -in-cabin microfilter, and performed
vehicle multi-point inspection, performed free car wash, as well as ran an optional EV battery usage
report ($75) - total $203.

My car battery check out fine with 5 stars in all categories - Charging, Driving, and Storage. Yeah.
Not sure if I needed the report as I can tell my driving range remains unchanged for the year and also
I can see the range dial on the console still has 12 bars.

Everything else checked out ok too. They did the firmware upgrade too (no charge).

The customer lounge area is very nice, spacious and with free coffee. There is bay window
that you can see through watching about mechanics working varioius type of Nissan cars.

Overall a very pleasant experience.
david -
white Leaf, loaded, currently 16,646 miles (took delivery 4/23/2011)

http://www.4evriders.org/category/ev/nissan-leaf/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
for daily Leaf news.

FYI, if that is the standard, required yearly battery report, it should have been free (for the first two years)... Most of the other services you noted are not required the first year either under the standard (non-severe) service schedule....

dblo said:
... as well as ran an optional EV battery usage report ($75)

Too late for the first year, but Premier Nissan in San Jose does the battery check, rotate tires, wash car in and out and even dress the tires for $0. They will do this for the first two years.

Ya....you got ripped off big time. Changing the brake fluid every year is an un-needed joke---since there is very little routine maintenance, it's just another way for the dealer to separate you from your cash; the cabin filter is $12 on EBAY, and takes 5 minutes to install; tire rotation--you can do yourself in 15 minutes, or have a tire shop do it for $10 or so. Fill fluids? what fluids need to be "filled" on a regular basis? Car wash? If you're too lazy to do it yourself, you can have it hand-washed for about $10-15.

you've got to have thick skin to post on this blog.
Signed: Das Wienerschnitzel :lol:

dblo said:
... as well as ran an optional EV battery usage report ($75)
Isn't the "optional" battery report "required" for the battery warranty? I thought I saw that somewhere???

dblo said:
The dealer is called Premiere Imports in Fremont, CA.
I had mine done two days ago. For the price, they rotated the tires, inflated the tires,
filled all fluids, checked brakes, replaced brake fluids, replaced -in-cabin microfilter, and performed
vehicle multi-point inspection, performed free car wash, as well as ran an optional EV battery usage
report ($75) - total $203.
I had my tire rotated for free at Discount Tires. Dealership checked fluids, vehicle multi-point inspection, brakes. and required EV battery report for free. Brake fluid change not needed. I changed the cabin filter for $6 myself. Appears Premiere Imports in Fremont, CA took you for about $197.

kubel said:
Does Nissan do a full purge of all brake fluid and bleed the brakes?

Does anyone know the proper bleeding sequence on the LEAF?
I have a brake bleeder tool. First you extract the fluid from the master cylinder. Replace it with Nissan Super Heavy Duty Brake Fluid (DOT3) 999MP-A4100P. Remove the back right wheel and bleed the brake line. Top off the master cylinder. Remove the back left wheel and bleed the brake line. Top off the master cylinder. Remove the front right wheel and bleed the brake line. Top off the master cylinder. Remove the front left wheel and bleed the brake line. Top off the master cylinder. Done.

Thanks guys. I had the dealer reversed the charge on the battery report.
Next time around, I'll shop around first.

My six month visit was only $19.

dblo said:
My six month visit was only $19.

Six month visit? Why? The only required visit is the yearly battery pack check which is complimentary the first two years. I also had my tires rotated at Discount Tire for free (have been a long time customer). You can do a quick brake fluid moisture check with a DMM. If it's below .3 (+/-) it's still good.

mark13 said:
Leaffan you get a free battery check? Peoria Nissan wants $89 each time I show up :cry:
Are you talking about the 12v battery, or the lithium ion battery? Either way, show them the Service and Maintenance Guide and demand a refund.

Complimentary Multi-Point Inspection:
For the ultimate in preventative maintenance, ask your Service Advisor for a complimentary Multi-Point Inspection (MPI) every time you visit your participating Nissan LEAF certified dealer.
Footnote at 15K/12 mo:
1 Review of the EV Battery Usage Report is required as a condition of EV battery warranty. Refer to your 2011 LEAF warranty information booklet for details. Both the 12 month and 24 month inspections will be performed by your Nissan LEAF certified dealer at no cost to the vehicle owner.
Ray

The first 2 annual battery checks are paid for by Nissan (look in your owners manual if you don't believe me). If you paid a dealer for that, you have been ripped off.

But the poor OP that got ripped off for $203? That is just sad.

I had my annual battery check and upgrade today at Sunnyvale Nissan. Also received the multi-point inspection, revised owners manual and car wash. Total cost $0, and no pressure to have cabin filter change, tires rotated, oil change, etc.

OrientExpress said:
Gary, I know the OP personally, he was one of the very first Leaf owners I had the pleasure of meeting. It breaks my heart to see this, but at least he was given a partial refund based on the comments in this thread.

surfingslovak said:
OrientExpress said:
Gary, I know the OP personally, he was one of the very first Leaf owners I had the pleasure of meeting. It breaks my heart to see this, but at least he was given a partial refund based on the comments in this thread.

This is great news, the power of an Internet mob is not to be underestimated!

I bought my Leaf at the Fremont Premier Nissan, and they gave me two free service (7,500 mile, 15,000 mile).

Did you buy your car there? I'm surprised you didn't get the same free service promotion.

Back