Do you use the "range chart"? Do you have an iPhone?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple has finally approved this app! For iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Go get it!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leaf-energy/id517173149?mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ampitupco said:

Go get it!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/leaf-energy/id517173149?mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just gave it the quick test. How do I retrieve a saved route?

TonyWilliams said:
I just gave it the quick test. How do I retrieve a saved route?

Tony - from the "Saved Routes" screen, if you just tap anywhere on the route it will pop back to the calculator screen with the route populated.

Cool little app.

limits of "slider bar" entry tough for those with fat fingers and a case.

Any chance of linking the mapping feature to the address book (like the MAPS app does?).

I kind of expected a view of the "table" that was modified for car age, temps, elevation etc - so I didn't have to alter speed entry fields. I think I saw the excel version doing just that.

Only last though would be a round trip option - say I need to do a simple out and back with no charging there. can I make it there and back.

Very neat. Thanks for putting that together =)

On the "how efficient must I be" area, I think it would be cool to be able to see how efficient you'd need to be beyond the 130mile limit you have on there (I'm assuming you have put a limit of 130 miles). Not really a complaint, just an observation...

Thanks again!

For the "how efficient must I be" output, it might be helpful to indicate the steady-state speed that would achieve this. With the caveat of course of it being on flat land, no wind, etc... But it would at least be a reference point. Otherwise one is driven to consult the printed chart for that info unless they have it memorized.

ampitupco said:

Go get it!

I try to input the addresses for the route in your app, but the suggested route is not the most direct route. It bypass the highway. Is there a way to pick a different route?

-TT

tt2007 said:
I try to input the addresses for the route in your app, but the suggested route is not the most direct route. It bypass the highway. Is there a way to pick a different route?

-TT

Generally, I'll break up my trip into legs that precisely define the exact route I wish to take. Often you can enter intersections in the address fields i.e Broadway and 1st. So I'll just have a bunch of intersections that define my route. I think this works well, especially when you enter speed, because each road has a different speed limit (especially if you are talking surface steers and highways).

All,

Looks like the Google API I am using in the Leaf Energy iOS app is returning an error - which is causing the location and elevation detection to fail.

I've fixed this and submitted it to Apple, but it takes them about a week to review it before it gets released.

ampitupco said:
All,

Looks like the Google API I am using in the Leaf Energy iOS app is returning an error - which is causing the location and elevation detection to fail.

I've fixed this and submitted it to Apple, but it takes them about a week to review it before it gets released.

Thanks for the update...my v1.1.1 installs (iPad, iPad3, iPad mini, iPhone4S, iPhone5) are all failing for a mysterious message about "Ooops! Check your values" and show my location in at -16,213 feet below sea level or roughly half way to the bottom of the Marianas Trench in the Western Pacific. Having most recently been at some 800+ ABOVE sea level, this was somewhat of a surprise to me; perhaps I missed the dreaded Ohio tectonic plate shift one evening? :mrgreen:

Love, love, love your app and use it for LEAF trips I take to someplace I've not been before. Good luck on getting the update through Apple quickly!

Thanks! This app is such a good idea. Not only is it useful to Leaf owners planning trips, it could help a lot of people who are considering if the Leaf is right for their needs. When I stumbled across this thread I expected the app to cost some $, but I appreciate that it's free. Thank you!

Publius said:
Thanks! This app is such a good idea. Not only is it useful to Leaf owners planning trips, it could help a lot of people who are considering if the Leaf is right for their needs. When I stumbled across this thread I expected the app to cost some $, but I appreciate that it's free. Thank you!

5-star reviews are nice. ;)

Back