West Los Angeles needs Nissan Dealership.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larrys3255

The only Nissan Dealership in West LA closed last year. Not only is it inconvenient for current Leaf owners like myself to have to drive a long distance to get serviced, but Nissan is shooting itself in the foot if they want to sell more cars of any type in this region which happens to be one of the more affluent. Just a word to the wise.

Everyone agrees, and it is amazing to me that there was only one dealer in that entire region to begin with, and a small one at that... It is prime Leaf country! I have to believe that Nissan is trying to make some sort of arrangement to bring in a new dealer. I suspect that something like that takes years from start to doors-open however... (BTW, I still contend that there was more going on at Santa Monica Nissan than the simple lose of the lease...)

larrys3255 said:
The only Nissan Dealership in West LA closed last year. Not only is it inconvenient for current Leaf owners like myself to have to drive a long distance to get serviced, but Nissan is shooting itself in the foot if they want to sell more cars of any type in this region which happens to be one of the more affluent. Just a word to the wise.

TomT said:
Everyone agrees, and it is amazing to me that there was only one dealer in that entire region to begin with, and a small one at that... It is prime Leaf country! I have to believe that Nissan is trying to make some sort of arrangement to bring in a new dealer. I suspect that something like that takes years from start to doors-open however... (BTW, I still contend that there was more going on at Santa Monica Nissan than the simple lose of the lease...)

larrys3255 said:

The real estate is seemingly more costly than compared to other areas... My LEAF still needs the recall firmware update, so being in WLA Santa Monica, the question is:

Where to go? Van Nuys? South Bay? Downtown? They are all relatively the same distance....

Hopefully Nissan's monitoring this or someone can let corporate know.

It didn't help me much when I lived in the Seattle area and the two Eastside Nissan dealers went under at the time (Melody's in Bellevue and Kirkland). There were no Nissan dealers that were anywhere near home nor work where I could take my Nissans for warranty/recall work for years. I tried to see if the Infiniti dealer in Kirkland (not that close, but at least better than the Nissan alternatives) could do it. Nope. :(

FWIW, this is what happened w/the two former Nissan dealers in the Seattle area that I mentioned: http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=20011130&slug=nissan300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. The Bellevue store had the sign that it was "closed today" for many weeks and it never re-opened. IIRC, a Jaguar or Land Rover dealer popped up in its place years later.

There were a decent # of Nissans in that area. I owned two of them when I lived up there for awhile.

http://www.eastsidenissan.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is in a totally different location, miles away and I don't know if it has any affiliation w/the above.

Herm said:
are Nissan vehicles popular in this area?, why is a dealership having trouble?
No Porsche dealership either, and plenty of Porsches. As I mention, high cost of keeping storefront space.

Back