Nissan: If you don't know the delivery date...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubel

...to within a 7 day margin of error, don't give buyers "week of" estimates!

My delivery date went from "pending" to "week of":
4-25
4-27 (2 day delay)
5-1 (5 day delay)
5-3 (2 day delay)
5-7 (4 day delay)
5-11 (4 day delay)
5-15 (4 day delay)

"Week of" implies a 7 day margin of error. I'm going on 3 weeks of delays. Either fix your logistical issues or don't give such specific estimates. Do month of (or in my case, year of).

[/rant]

I agree with you; but what is happening to you has happened to hundreds of other buyers. It is frustrating, but when you finally get your car, it should all be worth it. I know it was for me. Hang in there. :(

I'm worried that by the time I get my car (after all these delays), I will have buyers remorse for not waiting a few more months for a 2013. I want the car now, but at the same time, I also want a 6.6kWh charger. :/

If it makes you feel better. Due to a glitch in the Nissan website, they lost our car order at the last minute. When the first LEAF ship sailed for the U.S., our car was not on it! Talk about disappointment.

Trust me, you are doing just fine.

I hear what you're saying, but if you're going to get that frustrated with the process, then just don't even look! That's the alternative. Even though you could argue that in this day and age they SHOULD have the logistics down, the fact is that logistics is not Nissan's core competency. Neither are telematics and smartphone apps by the way. They simply don't have the tracking infrastructure in place. So your best bet is to just relax and enjoy the forums while you wait (and really, you're not even a whole month out yet!)

I'm obsessed with this car. It's like an addiction to check the site two times a day. If I don't, I start going through withdrawal. :lol:

Back