Inside the EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schneider... looks nice and clean.
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6069/6148491352_3c6a3b8e9e_z.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

6148491352_3c6a3b8e9e_z.jpg

Interesting, the Nissan-branded Aerovironment EVSE I won and received today doesn't have the metal shield that is in kolmstead's post (http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=39932#p39932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or the pics here earlier of it.

The manual appears to be the same revision as the scan at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=39867#p39867" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Perhaps I should take some pics of the internals of mine before I sell it? I was surprised (but understand why now) that the lid/front cover wasn't attached at all. That's what the 9 supplied screws are for...

Leviton EVR-Green 160 EVSE Level 2 240 volt 16 amps

Have had this "charger" since August 2011. Easy to install, and has been trouble free.

Main board
7000617564_69d5659877_c.jpg

Membrane switch and voltage adjust pots.
7146703997_59ccc1fee4_c.jpg

J7 Daughterboard
7146704415_0a8f9e3ff2_c.jpg

Unpopulated Dot Matrix, Wireless connections
7000618318_d945385bee_c.jpg

Ground fault detection sensor
7000618100_49fd71dc96_c.jpg

I used to have a Leviton until I built my own. I see that they use the Blue proxy switch wire. My Leviton EVSE shut down when the switch was pressed.

The relay looks like the one Chris uses.

GlennD said:
I used to have a Leviton until I built my own. I see that they use the Blue proxy switch wire. My Leviton EVSE shut down when the switch was pressed.

The relay looks like the one Chris uses.

Glenn,

The relay used is similar but it seems to have more contacts, we use a DPST in OpenEVSE, this one looks like it could be DPDT... I have a Schnieder EV link as well as the portable OpenEVSE I built.

Its hard to tell but I think the blue wire is the pilot not proximity. The yazaki cables use blue for pilot and do not have proximity brought out through the cable.

The blue wire is the pilot signal, there is no proximity wire entering the enclosure.

The relay is a DPST Tyco T92P7A22-240 with a 240 vac coil.
The small wires are attached to a male spade lug connector which is part of the main power female connectors.
7150499439_1814d6fb66_z.jpg

What I really found interesting was the daughter-board attached to J7, which seems to be a way of passing a controlled current on the protected side of the GFCI coil.

Greg C.

Barbouri said:
The blue wire is the pilot signal, there is no proximity wire entering the enclosure.

The relay is a DPST Tyco T92P7A22-240 with a 240 vac coil.
The small wires are attached to a male spade lug connector which is part of the main power female connectors.
7150499439_1814d6fb66_z.jpg

What I really found interesting was the daughter-board attached to J7, which seems to be a way of passing a controlled current on the protected side of the GFCI coil.

Greg C.

That IS the same relay as many OpenEVSE Builders are using except we use the 12V coil so the EVSE can be L1 or L2.

The wire to J7 is most likely there to read the voltage on the line for a stuck relay test. OpenEVSE is doing the same thing with the advanced power supply. Do you have a source for the spade lug connector, I could use a bunch of those... :D

GlennD said:

Did it have a delay before it shut off the EVSE? You'd want to give the charger time to stop drawing before deactivating the EVSE relays.

Thanks Barbouri, wish I had known about those before I spent time jamming the #10 and #22 AWG into a single terminal on each of the four relay contacts, this is much better and easier to maintain as well.

OpenEVSEassembly7.jpg

Back