Improve the steering feel

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically the same as my observations after changing to the MXM4s on stock wheels about 6,000 miles ago. Unfortunately, I can't say it helped the steering feel much; alas, nothing is going to make it through that wall of over-boost!

eHelmholtz said:
Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires. I see improvements in handling, cornering, pavement feedback, stop distance, and even the steering response seems better (maybe). Efficiency appeared to be a little less initially but after 1000 miles, it's about the same compared to stock wheels and tires.

I recently changed my tires to Primacy MXV4s and also noticed a reduction in road noise and fairly significant improvements to handling and grip. Unfortunately, I've also noticed a nearly 10% reduction in my mi/kwh reading. Since I'm only 100 miles in on these tires, I'm hoping that the efficiency will improve once the tires wear a bit more (1000 miles?).

waitingforaleaf said:
I recently changed my tires to Primacy MXV4s and also noticed a reduction in road noise and fairly significant improvements to handling and grip. Unfortunately, I've also noticed a nearly 10% reduction in my mi/kwh reading. Since I'm only 100 miles in on these tires, I'm hoping that the efficiency will improve once the tires wear a bit more (1000 miles?).
It'd be really interesting if the 10% reduction in energy economy persists... I assume your tire pressure is the same as before?

I saw only a 2 percent or so difference when the MXV4s were new and now, 6,000 miles later, it is about the same as what I was getting on the Ecrapias when I dumped them at 13K. I run 40 PSI cold.

waitingforaleaf said:

Back