LEAF in Kansas City

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eclecticflower said:
In case you're interested, I just checked Lee's Summit Nissan's web site and they have 10 LEAFs listed in their New Inventory link. There are 5 SLs listed @ $38,100 and 5 SVs listed @ $36,050, one of each color for each type.

The LEAF's you're referring to are under the "New Vehicles", "Nissan's in Transit" section. Lee's Summit Nissan has had the same entries for the past several months, and I can confirm they do not have 10 LEAFS waiting.

The red LEAF they have in inventory "New Vehicles", "Nissans Available Now" is their demonstrator that they received around the first of April. Every LEAF Certified dealership was sent one. Initially, after I placed my order (in March), my delivery date showed "Week of April 6th" for a few days, but then changed to "Month of May." I think this was because of stock being reallocated to dealerships as demonstrators.

If anyone is thinking about placing an order for one, I would recommend Lee's Summit Nissan as they seem to have their **** together and are reasonable and approachable.

My delivery date has been bouncing back and forth +- 5 days every few days or so. Mine should be delivered in about 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 weeks.

Well, that's just WRONG! Tricksters!! :x I clicked New Vehicles, By Model, Leaf and it resulted in a New Inventory page:

http://www.nissankansascity.com/mobile/inventory.cfm?type=New&year=0&make=0&model=LEAF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So we're really being BS'd about what's actually there - I'm not surprised. :( I thought it was unusual they'd have all those vehicles just sitting there (and it sure looks like it from the page display), considering how many of us are still awaiting delivery of reserved cars.

Looks like you'll probably be first to get yours, ericvoll - bet you're getting excited! Good luck! :p

eclecticflower said:
Well, that's just WRONG! Tricksters!! :x I clicked New Vehicles, By Model, Leaf and it resulted in a New Inventory page:

http://www.nissankansascity.com/mobile/inventory.cfm?type=New&year=0&make=0&model=LEAF" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So we're really being BS'd about what's actually there - I'm not surprised. :( I thought it was unusual they'd have all those vehicles just sitting there (and it sure looks like it from the page display), considering how many of us are still awaiting delivery of reserved cars.

Looks like you'll probably be first to get yours, ericvoll - bet you're getting excited! Good luck! :p
Maybe their display also shows what they've ordered directly, although it hasn't been delivered yet, and may not be until existing customer orders are.

My delivery date changed again today. Now I'm in the first part of June, ugh!

You guys are killing me. I know you're going to get your cars before me because you ordered a month before I did.
<insert whimper> :cry:

estimated delivery: June +/- 15 days....well it wasn't May 15, hopefully won't be July 15.

While I've been waiting, I took the opportunity to read through all of the LEAF documentation (owner's manual 2011 & 2012, navigation manual 2011 & 2012, etc.) It's a very interesting car. I especially enjoyed the part about the tire pressure refill assistance mechanism. This is not basic TPMS (Tire Pressure Management System), but is a system that helps someone correctly fill the tires to the correct pressure using the headlights and horn. Very cool.

Disappointingly however, I was sad to see that there is not an indicator for low windshield washer fluid. Apparently this feature is only available in Canada. Also the button that turns off the pedestrian alert sound (found in the 2011 model) has been removed in the 2012 model. I suspect this was to address the law passed several years ago directing the Department of Transportation to look at possibly requiring the sound on electric vehicles. About a year ago, I submitted a comment (during the comment period) stating the reasons why I liked the ability to turn off the sound, but at the same time requiring it by default when the car is started.

My LEAF arrived in port about a month ago. My car was supposed to be put on a train last Wednesday, but apparently that did not happen. I chatted with their customer support team (great folks) about the status of my vehicle today. They said it is now scheduled to be put on a train tomorrow with delivery scheduled by the end of the month.

I hope there aren't any more delays. I'm excited to finally be getting it.

I found it weird that the first responder manual was 42 pages long but the maintenance manual was 40 pages long counting the 1 page advert each for cabin filters, tires, and windshield wipers.

RE: the sound turn off... when the dealer drove up the Leaf for my last test drive there might have been a sound but I couldn't really tell over the sound of the interstate 100feet away. I think the idea of having a sound alert for electric cars to be the stupidest thing since the law that says you have to stop at a four way stop, get out, shoot a gun in the air before proceeding.

"In Wichita - Before proceeding through the interesection of Douglas and Broadway, a motorist is required to get out of their vehice and fire three shot gun rounds into the air"

http://www.weirdfacts.com/weird-state-laws/35-weird-kansas.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The argument that it's so blind people know the car is coming doesn't work because we don't put flashing lights on the cars to warn deaf people the car is approaching. It remains the driver's responsibility to be alert for ALL pedestrians.

Be alert, the world needs more lerts.

There is also another change between the 2012 Owner's Manual from several months ago and the one available now. The old manual repeatedly mentions that one should only "Quick Charge" once per day. This has been taken out of the newer versions of the manual. I saw a video a month or so back with one of the LEAF designers, and they indicated in the interview that after extensive testing, they've determined "Quick Charging" can be done as often as one wants as the charging system protects the battery.

LOL ksnogas2112 you crack me up (I'm a lert). :lol: I was watching the VSP sound on You Tube today and I don't like it much (moving forward). The back-up beep doesn't bother me. The forward sound is there until you reach 19 mph and goes off. Then if you drop to 16 mph it comes back on. I'd rather have the Jetson's sound installed (if that's possible). Most of the time, I won't be driving within that speed range (unless I'm in my parking garage at work - where I'll run over some lerts!). I haven't seen a low wiper fluid a lert ( :lol: ) in many years on my numerous cars (maybe the really old ones had it when I was a kid).

ericvoll, I saw the video where they discussed it being OK to QC several times a day, so feeling much better about that not affecting the battery, too. Since you're going to be so well-versed on the LEAF after having read the manuals, ksnogass2112 and I will be expecting some training/tips from you when we get our cars/have a meet 'n' greet. :D I'm assuming we'll not have conquered all the practical applications (button-pushing) as well as you, since you'll get yours first (and right now you're a human owner's manual!). :p Maybe you can look up where our vehicles are when you check on yours? My VIN # is JN1AZ0CP1CT021559 (the O's could be either O or zero?).

Those are some funny, weird laws in KS! Missouri can't quite compete, but they're right up there with weird laws of their own. I can now understand why there's so much violence in the urban core - no cap pistols allowed, but we may buy shotguns freely! I also would not want to sit on the curb of any city street in St. Louis and drink my beer from a bucket...and it's illegal for an on-duty firefighter to rescue a woman wearing a nightgown (she must be fully clothed (or burn) :eek: I don't think my dad (late firefighter) or brother (firefighter) have ever had that problem... :roll: At least we'll never have an engine fire in our EVs or our gas tank explode when rear-ended (Ford Pinto!)...

For a short while, my dad had us kids driving a green pinto wagon when I was in school (late-70s). Floor it and still not go fast...yehah. :roll: I hope you put the shield in (pathetic explosion remedy) in case of a rear-crash. We didn't have ours long enough to do that.

'79 had the remodeled tank but I still ran it up a very steep little hill in Des Moines and got all 4 wheels off the ground. Yes, teenagers are stupid :lol:

Kewl on the deposit refund!

Saturday lunch at Pierponts after we all get the cars aka sometime later this summer. Furthest drive gets the free plug in the car park.

ksnogas2112 said:
Saturday lunch at Pierponts after we all get the cars aka sometime later this summer. Furthest drive gets the free plug in the car park.
That sounds like fun. I didn't get my first car until I was 24; it was a green 1999 Hyundai Accent. I have fond memories of that awful little car.

Pierpont's is a stone's throw from my workplace, which is about 8.5 miles from my KC North home. Ericvoll, I believe you're in Gladstone, just north of me, so I'm closer to Union Station - I'll give up the plug. We should host ksnogas2112, since I'm guessing he's the furthest out (and the plug goes to...). If I'm right, ksnogas2112, follow the yellow brick road on over when the time comes...welcome to the plug. :)

BTW, we'll be breaking bread together (bring your SOs?), so call me Kathy. I assume you guys have names (Eric :?: and :?: )....

My delivery date is also now June 4. The day the car was scheduled to be put on the train has slipped a few times, initially it was May 9th, now it's supposed to go on the train on Monday, May 21 with delivery to the dealership "no later than" the 31st. I wonder if Nissan is aggregating the orders for the KC area to make the transport more efficient. Kathy and I might get our orders at the same time.

I'm extremely eager to get the car. I got a very good offer for my current car, so I went ahead and sold it thinking no big deal, I'm an eco friendly guy, I'll just ride the KC Metro. I work downtown, and there is a bus stop about two blocks away from my house in the Northland. Big Mistake!! Not only is it much more inconvenient than I had anticipated, there are a lot of very weird people on the bus, and I've discovered I have a tendency to get motion sickness. The other day, it was particularly hot inside the bus, and one of the patrons thought it would be a good idea to eat a nasty, fast food, fried fish sandwich. The stench of it wafted through the bus, and it took considerable effort on my part not to loose it. I've held out so far, but the thought of just renting a car in the mean time is very tempting.

I keep telling myself. It's coming soon!!! It's coming soon!!!

I looked into the bus option years ago to see if it would save cost, but it would have taken me an hour and a half to get to work from where I used to live rather than 15-20 minutes by car. I decided I'd rather sleep in. In addition, most people taking the bus pretty much do it because they have no other options and some of them can be scary (sorry, not trying to alienate anyone). For the small investment, I think I'd rent another car if I were you. :lol:

No, I don't have my service upgraded or my equipment installed yet because my electrician is pushing me to the back burner, since he's got some big jobs in play. Talked to him a couple days ago and he should be taking care of it in the next week or so, joking that I could use that Walgreens QC if he doesn't get to me right away - har har, smart@ss! Friends. Harrumph! I want to get this over with and make sure the equipment I bought on eBay works (should, NIB, look perfect). Eriicvoll, looks like we might get our cars from the same shipment... Look up my VIN pretty please, from earlier in the thread?

Back