Sunroof!! Finally!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PatricioEV said:
I can't for the life of me figure out how to load pics or video to this site (even though I have literally hundreds on other forums.)
Just look at a post with pics, and hit "quote" and you'll see the text necessary to embed images. Essentially, you can click the "Img" button in the compose screen, then just put the URL to the image inside the tags, like this (but using square brackets instead of parens): (img)http://wherever.com/path/to/image.jpg(/img)

lemketron said:
PatricioEV said:
I can't for the life of me figure out how to load pics or video to this site (even though I have literally hundreds on other forums.)
Just look at a post with pics, and hit "quote" and you'll see the text necessary to embed images. Essentially, you can click the "Img" button in the compose screen, then just put the URL to the image inside the tags, like this (but using square brackets instead of parens): (img)http://wherever.com/path/to/image.jpg(/img)

I've tried every possible combination of that I can think of! lol... I think it's got more to do with flickr...
but thanks, I'll figure it out eventually!

One of the only 2 Webasto dealers in the Puget Sound area lists the price of your sunroof, installed, as "From 1495". I think you got a good price. If someone finds this price, 1295, in Washington State, let me know, I'm interested, at that price...

PatricioEV said:
The board uses standard BBCode tags in posts. You can do all sorts of neat things like:
  • Add color
  • Change text size
  • make bulleted (or numbered) lists. ;)

SteveInSeattle said:
One of the only 2 Webasto dealers in the Puget Sound area lists the price of your sunroof, installed, as "From 1495". I think you got a good price. If someone finds this price, 1295, in Washington State, let me know, I'm interested, at that price...

fwiw, I received a quote of $1399 (includes installation and tax, provided payment is in cash) from my nearest Webasto dealer (Coach Automotive Restyling in Union City, 50mi from me in Gilroy). The one odd thing is that they would not install a model 930 because they said that was on "quarantine" for the Leaf and so wouldn't work (but of course, we on MNL have proof that it does, so it's likely just their codespeak for "we don't have that model on hand"). They wanted to use the 700 series instead (a bit smaller, and single pane instead of double). I think I'd prefer the 930 that PatricioEV had done, if I can find it at a reasonable price, so I'm going to continue checking around the Bay Area.

earther said:
SteveInSeattle said:

fwiw, I received a quote of $1399 (includes installation and tax, provided payment is in cash) from my nearest Webasto dealer (Coach Automotive Restyling in Union City, 50mi from me in Gilroy). The one odd thing is that they would not install a model 930 because they said that was on "quarantine" for the Leaf and so wouldn't work (but of course, we on MNL have proof that it does, so it's likely just their codespeak for "we don't have that model on hand"). They wanted to use the 700 series instead (a bit smaller, and single pane instead of double). I think I'd prefer the 930 that PatricioEV had done, if I can find it at a reasonable price, so I'm going to continue checking around the Bay Area.

Yeah, $1400 is WAY too much for a regular single panel roof.. that would have cost me $899 at the place I used. I'd find a different installer altogether, sounds like they aren't the best source.

LakeLeaf said:
It's too bad Nissan hasn't put this in a standard on the high end model, or even an option. With the solar panel on the rear end, you likely could generate enough power to keep that puppy cracked and run a fan to circulate air and keep the cabin temp, while parked, down somewhat in the summer.
ztanos said:
Or even tie this in with carwings and let you open it before you get in the car to let a little heat out. Shoot, even being able to roll the windows down remotely would be great.
Hopefully, they'd also add a rain sensor and tie the "open to vent" function to that too! (Does the SL have rain-sensing wipers?)

Looks great! I'm sure there will be a few Austin LEAFers interested in seeing this in person!

PatricioEV said:
They recovered the headliner with same color fabric. Looks factory.
Are you sure it's "same color fabric" and not actually the original headliner/headliner fabric?

PatricioEV said:
lemketron said:
PatricioEV said:

I've tried every possible combination of that I can think of! lol... I think it's got more to do with flickr...
but thanks, I'll figure it out eventually!
You are correct. Flickr does not allow you to link an image therefore the IMG tag does not work. You can link to an Flickr album using the URL tag, which you figured out right away. If you want to link directly to an image use Facebook, Pinterest or a different Photo Sharing website. Basically you can only link to an image if the "Copy Image Location" appears when you right click the picture.

Flickr will give you a link to a single picture but they kind of hide it.. first select an image and select a size.. then you should see a link under the share button I think.. anyways look for it until you find it.

Herm said:
Flickr will give you a link to a single picture but they kind of hide it.. first select an image and select a size.. then you should see a link under the share button I think.. anyways look for it until you find it.
Yes, the photos posted on the earlier pages of this thread came from Flickr, and have links that look like this (though I'm showing you the URL here, rather than embedding it with an Img tag): http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5340/7173382644_0e88275aee_z.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

aqn said:
Looks great! I'm sure there will be a few Austin LEAFers interested in seeing this in person!

PatricioEV said:
They recovered the headliner with same color fabric. Looks factory.
Are you sure it's "same color fabric" and not actually the original headliner/headliner fabric?

Happy to show it to anyone interested. The original headliner has no "fabric" per se, it's a pressed board fiber sort of thing... They covered it with a padded cloth headliner material to cover the shade and go around the cut edges of the headliner.

Nubo said:
looks very nice. Great way to cool down the car

It's a GREAT way to cool down the car. With the sunroof open or vented and the air on recirc, you can feel the air being pulled through the car (especially on your feet!) and it is MUCH quieter than having an window open or cracked!

Use Photobucket.

It supplies the link with img's imbedded on both ends for each individual pic. Copy at Photobucket, paste here and you're done.

ILETRIC said:
Use Photobucket.

It supplies the link with img's imbedded on both ends for each individual pic. Copy at Photobucket, paste here and you're done.

thanks, works just fine with photobucket!!

2012LeafSL.jpg

The largest Installer in NJ (they have 7 locations and been around since 1977) have told me that they had install issues with the 930 Dual Panel and so they don't carry it anymore :(

I really like it but I don't want to risk it. They claim they've installed 400K sunroofs in the past 35 years.

So I'm getting a Solaire 5300 for $1050 installed.

On this post you say $1299+tax and on YouTube you said $1500.00, Which is it ?

Did they replace the entire head-liner? can you tell the sunroof is an after-market?

Thanks!

http://www.autosunroof.com/Locations.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PatricioEV said:
I finally found a company to put in a sunroof!

Webasto 930 Dual Panel in-built. Auto single vent, double vent, open close, memory position. Sunroof closes automatically when you turn the car off. They moved the dome light back and did a great job on installation! $1299+tax. I can't for the life of me figure out how to load pics or video to this site (even though I have literally hundreds on other forums.) Anyway, here are the links:

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hrg78732/sets/72157629672060424/

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD2bp2tY3mU&list=UUtjXBTXRSklSJzJaQReALnw&index=1&feature=plcp

company info:

Brian Hill
Dealer Source, LTD
11006 Metric Blvd.
Austin, TX 78758

I wouldn't get the dual pane roof. Single pane to avoid the pain later down the road. $1050 is a great price. It will look OEM when they are done if they are good. American Sunroof had spec'd the Solaire 4300 for $1395 in San Diego and the 5300 is the same roof with extra control features on the switch like auto close. I personally like the roof to open and close only when I press and hold the button. Keep us posted.

oxo said:
I wouldn't get the dual pane roof. Single pane to avoid the pain later down the road. $1050 is a great price. It will look OEM when they are done if they are good. American Sunroof had spec'd the Solaire 4300 for $1395 in San Diego and the 5300 is the same roof with extra control features on the switch like auto close. I personally like the roof to open and close only when I press and hold the button. Keep us posted.

Our '06 Subaru Outback XT has a (much larger!) dual-pane sunroof and we've never had a problem with it. I know everyone says that EVERY sunroof leaks eventually, but honestly, I've never had a sunroof that leaked. That includes a '78 Mercedes I sold to a European collector a couple of years ago. If you take care of them (particularly cleaning the drain tubes), there's no reason you should have problems down the road.

Same here. I never had problems with any sunroofs. Their problem was with the install. They said they had many that the panels didn't line up and so it didn't close right. Maybe they can't cut a straight hole. No idea. I'm still getting one. A single panel moonroof. Not dual panel. I don't want to risk getting the dual panel and have to use an umbrella in the car Everytime I drive in the rain.

PatricioEV said:
oxo said:

Our '06 Subaru Outback XT has a (much larger!) dual-pane sunroof and we've never had a problem with it. I know everyone says that EVERY sunroof leaks eventually, but honestly, I've never had a sunroof that leaked. That includes a '78 Mercedes I sold to a European collector a couple of years ago. If you take care of them (particularly cleaning the drain tubes), there's no reason you should have problems down the road.

Back