September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got to order today!!!

I didn't get an email but on a whim I checked my Nissan profile and the spot which says I can get a quote from the dealer was suddenly functional, so I called my preferred dealer Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa and completed my order very smoothly.

I put my reservation in 4/20 at about 3 pm CA time.

I highly recommend Connell; they called me about 8 minutes after I submitted the request for the quote and they were very helpful and offered a good price, 1000 below MSRP. Very straightforward transaction, no monkey business.

drlesley said:
Thanks Gavin,

I am rooting for you!!

Ha...Thanks...made me LOL...good thing I wasn't drinking...

Hey, I'm pretty zen...It's all good one way or the other. I hope to get a LEAF, if not I will be happy with what I do get whenever I do get it...

gah, I sound like a stoner...

Gavin

Many thanks to MWalsh who graciously shared the details of his order with me and helped me decide to waive the "folding in" of the EVSE home charging equipment into the lease.

Aerovironment is such a rip-off that was a no-brainer, but I wasn't sure how that would come up in the purchase process.

I'll like to start a thread of people interested in getting the EVSE home charger installed in the Orange County area. Maybe an astute electrician could help us as a group and give us a good deal and bypass the whole Aerovironment scam.

drlesley said:
I'll like to start a thread of people interested in getting the EVSE home charger installed in the Orange County area. Maybe an astute electrician could help us as a group and give us a good deal and bypass the whole Aerovironment scam.

drlesley, I'd be interested in a thread about people who are bypassing the AV assessment and what they're gonna do. I'm not installing a charger at home (I live in an apt. and it's not possible), gonna rely on what's out there publicly. What's everyone else's plans?

drlesley said:

I'm not 100% opposed to AV, even though their install price is too high even with the 3 year in-home warranty, but I'd be up for hearing about local alternatives.

drlesley said:
I got to order today!!!

I didn't get an email but on a whim I checked my Nissan profile and the spot which says I can get a quote from the dealer was suddenly functional, so I called my preferred dealer Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa and completed my order very smoothly.

I put my reservation in 4/20 at about 3 pm CA time.

I highly recommend Connell; they called me about 8 minutes after I submitted the request for the quote and they were very helpful and offered a good price, 1000 below MSRP. Very straightforward transaction, no monkey business.

I'm in OC, too, and also with Connell. Far from checking on a whim, I'm sitting here refreshing my screen repeatedly, waiting for something to change. As I mentioned above, Mark called me last evening after seeing me on his page. Maybe I should just take off for a while and check back when I feel the whim. :lol:

I have a 4/20 reservation date and responded around 3 pm, but my account got FUBAR because of the AMEX card problem, like evnow's did. Actually, I'm lucky I have a 4/20 reservation date because it took them like a week to get my account unlocked.

I'm happy with Connell, too. Mark was on the ball to call me last evening.

As for an OC electrician, I have the name of an honest independent guy, family business, licensed electrician who I gave me a very fair estimate of the work at my house a few weeks ago. I'd recommend at least giving him a shot at your group idea.

The company is Jason Wakefield Electric. Phone: 714-883-5064. Tell him you heard about him from someone on the Nissan Leaf forum.

I'm probably going to go with AV because their quote works well for me.

My dash just opened. I put in a RAQ with an area dealer and have spoken to them on the phone. I'm now waiting for quote to come back. It seems to be going pretty good so far. Will keep everyone posted.

LakeLeaf said:
cashu2 said:
Yep, I have been checking religiously too since Monday.

Welcome cachu2 -

Where are you? When did you make your reservation? Were you able to order the QC?

Thanks, I'm in Santa Clarita, CA. I made my reservation on 4/20, I can't remember the time because I was having problems opening the reservation button, it wasn't actually there on a few computers (mac and PC), I had to actually use my Motorola droid to see it and press it, of course it was only after I did a live chat with Nissan to try and solve the problem. I'm guessing it was before 3pm.
By QC I assume you mean quick charge, yes I ordered it.

FYI for people that are checking their e-mail and not their dash boards, I checked my dash board at 10:58am and it was ready to request a quote, I didn't get the you can now request a quote e-mail from Nissan until 12:33pm

cashu2 said:
Thanks, I'm in Santa Clarita, CA. I made my reservation on 4/20, I can't remember the time because I was having problems opening the reservation button, it wasn't actually there on a few computers (mac and PC), I had to actually use my Motorola droid to see it and press it, of course it was only after I did a live chat with Nissan to try and solve the problem. I'm guessing it was before 3pm.

FYI for people that are checking their e-mail and not their dash boards, I checked my dash board at 10:58am and it was ready to request a quote, I didn't get the you can now request a quote e-mail from Nissan until 12:33pm

oh uh, looks like I got a competitor fighting for the charger at the santa clarita mall already...lol, just kidding. which dealer did you go thru? I was going to go with valencia Nissan but their lackadaisical attitude and unwillingness to deal push me to fontana nissan.

lettcco said:
cashu2 said:

oh uh, looks like I got a competitor fighting for the charger at the santa clarita mall already...lol, just kidding. which dealer did you go thru? I was going to go with valencia Nissan but their lackadaisical attitude and unwillingness to deal push me to fontana nissan.

I was surprised by how many dealers were either non-responsive or unwilling to deal given the highly competitive market here in the LA/OC area. I really wanted to go with my closest dealers but neither would get firm on price, let alone commit to anything in writing.

I ended up going with Connell. Mark at Connell was straightforward and responsive out of the gate. He and his team (Elise & Wade) were a pleasure to deal with.

leaffan said:
They opened at 10:30AM today, about the same time as the Aug. 31. Again, it opened before people received the ordering email.

So leaffan, you seem to have the inside info. It's 3:20 pm PST. Are we "done" for today? Can I go start some serious drinking and save some energy for tomorrow's grind?

lettcco said:
cashu2 said:

I went through Fontana just like you, I offered Valencia Nissan the deal but the General Manager just wanted to keep calling me! I just wanted a straight forward yes or no answer without the negotiating which is why I'm sure he wanted to call me. Fontana is going to deliver it on a flat bed for free and I can sign the paper work at home, that coupled with the $1,000 off sealed the deal for me!

BTW I asked you what color you are getting in another post, then you replied to this one, weird. So what color are you getting, hopefully not white :)

Back