Leaf Price / Discount discussion thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan to buy. No sales tax in Oregon and no matter how I figured it I save $1k paying cash. I won't be able to get the whole $7500 fed tax rebate but the difference is offset by the lease charges.

LEAFfan said:
kolmstead said:
And the dealer has not heard a word about Nissan refunding the $99 reservation fee. He promised I'd get it back one way or another....-Karl

The $99 reservation deposit will be refunded back to the owner's credit/debit card after their purchase. That's straight from Nissan execs.

Agreed with LEAFfan.. Once the dealer report the sale to Nissan they will process the $99 reservation fee back to your account. It will take about 2 - 3 weeks..

garygid said:
Maybe they will have to "clarify" that 2-3 weeks to 3-7 weeks ... and that's after they find the bugs in the refund system. :lol:
Hey - if it's like the shirts you'll get someone else's first, then yours - that's a $198 refund! :lol:

AndyH said:
garygid said:
Maybe they will have to "clarify" that 2-3 weeks to 3-7 weeks ... and that's after they find the bugs in the refund system. :lol:
Hey - if it's like the shirts you'll get someone else's first, then yours - that's a $198 refund! :lol:

What shirt??? I want my shirt!!! :mrgreen:

sales tax 2804.18 (that's about 8.25%)

Goodness. California screws you on the electrical rates, and you pay 8% for sales tax!!! You guys must really like it out there.

Did anyone see what the teirs for credit are set at? I had a 733 when I went and the manager says I'm Tier 0 and 730+ was the cutoff. When I did the paperwork, the finance guy says no 740+ is the cutoff and I'm tier 1. So much switching!

I am getting pricing for a new SL 2012 at $36,420. includes destination charge.
No extra equipment.
That seems pretty good, but I am wondering how that compares with what others are seeing.
This is in the LA County area.

I'm about to enter negotiations with a northern Cal dealer. Benchmarks currently for me are North Bay Nissan at 8% below MSRP of $38270 which equals $35208. Boardwalk Nissan is offering the Leaf SL at $35,270 (both include destination charges).

I think I got a very good deal. Picked it up today. MSRP on my Leaf SL was $38,270. Optional items was Floormats and Cargo Area Mat. Ended getting it $4040 under MSRP (10.6% under MSRP). My sale price of the vehicle was $34230. I can't complain....

Kind of an accidental Leaf Lease: I was not really in the market for a Leaf, but was scanning car ads in the paper here in Portland and saw an ad for a 24-month lease on a new 2012 SV at $99/month with nothing down. I got out my calculator and concluded that we could keep our other two vehicles and cover the lease payment with gas cost savings on them. So we went to the dealer and picked it up. The dealer tacked-on $500 of useless dealer-installed options, so to cover that the lease went to $120/month. But that also covers license and title and the first month's lease payment. It's an SV, so no fast charging for us, but I don't see that as a big problem. Seems like a good deal relative to what else I have seen posted here, though it is an SV. It was the only SV they had and I don't think this dealer is a big Leaf seller.

^^^
SR? Don't you mean SV?

Since you're in Portland, wow... you're missing out (IMHO) since you didn't go for the SL. Unlike CA, WA and OR have an excellent network of CHAdeMO chargers.

penorman said:
The dealer tacked-on $500 of useless dealer-installed options, so to cover that the lease went to $120/month.

A $2,800 total cost lease? That sounds impossible even in today's desperate times. I'd love to see the hard numbers from your lease docs if/when you get them :)

cwerdna said:
^^^
SR? Don't you mean SV?

Since you're in Portland, wow... you're missing out (IMHO) since you didn't go for the SL. Unlike CA, WA and OR have an excellent network of CHAdeMO chargers.

excellent is a stretch but at least it exists! (which is more than i can say for a lot of places) but its also still growing. 3 new blink locations announced for WA. a brand new AV station just opened this week for anyone headed to the OR beach areas so ya, its good but still could be MUCH better!

just leased an SV in CA (Sacramento Area): 36 months for $1999 down, $199/month -- after taxes the payment is $220/month.

Back