Minnesota Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: the new heater...
Saw an article in the Tacoma (WA) News Tribune that a small company in Washington state is developing a new technology heater which would greatly increase winter range. I'll see if I can track down the link and post it here.

FWIW...Status changed today from 'Pending' to 'Month of June'

Had a good talk with the Dealer (Brian@Feldmann) mostly about whether I should wait for the 2013 or not. Was hoping he would offer something for me not to cancel my order...but it did not seem to matter that much to him. He did say they will be getting a 2012 Demo sometime (he hopes) in April.

Right now I am pretty sure I am going to let my car come in and orphan it to wait for the 2013....just hope we have more information at that time, especially on pricing!

Decided the MY2013 upgrades just too important to not get.

Spoke to Customer Service as per instructions on the website. They will refund the $99 reservation fee. The projected mid-June 2012 delivery of my blue SL will go forth to the selected dealer (Kline in Maplewood) as an orphan.

When the 2013s are announced, I simply start a new reservation from the Nissan website (no deposit required). Projected wait would be 3-4 months.

One feature I really want which may not be important to most is I'd like one of the Smyrna-built Leafs. I lived in Smyrna during the early 1960s for 5 years. Played in the Jr/Sr High marching band.

Go Bulldogs!

Pipemajor said:
... When the 2013s are announced, I simply start a new reservation from the Nissan website (no deposit required). Projected wait would be 3-4 months.

One feature I really want which may not be important to most is I'd like one of the Smyrna-built Leafs. ...
I'd be careful with assuming the early 2013s will all be made in Smyrna. It's quite possible that they won't be up to full production early on.

davewill said:
Pipemajor said:
... When the 2013s are announced, I simply start a new reservation from the Nissan website (no deposit required). Projected wait would be 3-4 months.

One feature I really want which may not be important to most is I'd like one of the Smyrna-built Leafs. ...
I'd be careful with assuming the early 2013s will all be made in Smyrna. It's quite possible that they won't be up to full production early on.
According to Mark Perry the Smyrna Leafs are scheduled to be rolling off that line by end of this year. The
neighboring battery plant will have been in production a little earlier.

Pipemajor said:
When the 2013s are announced, I simply start a new reservation from the Nissan website (no deposit required).
As of today they still want $99 deposit, any idea when that will change? Surprised that reservation will be required for MY13, thought Nissan will sell Leaf like other cars

Pipemajor said:
According to Mark Perry the Smyrna Leafs are scheduled to be rolling off that line by end of this year. The neighboring battery plant will have been in production a little earlier.
Which means at least a few will come off the line. It doesn't mean all 2013 LEAFs in the US will be built there.

davewill said:
Pipemajor said:
According to Mark Perry the Smyrna Leafs are scheduled to be rolling off that line by end of this year. The neighboring battery plant will have been in production a little earlier.
Which means at least a few will come off the line. It doesn't mean all 2013 LEAFs in the US will be built there.
True, but all Smyrna Leafs will be MY2013.

FWIW.....Dashboard changed sometime in the last couple of days....went from 'Month of June' to 'Week of May 30'

Also received an email last week from Feldmann that they now have a 2012 demo.

Dealers are gearing up for delivers...

My dashboard is now siting on 'week of June 4. Earlier this week I received a call from my dealer (Feldmann) asking about financing/leasing etc. I told them that I was strongly considering not taking delivery and waiting for the MY2013. This morning I got a return call from someone else at the dealership asking if I was still planning on not taking delivery. I told him that I had made the decision final...I would be waiting for the MY13. He told me that they already had someone that is interested in buying or leasing my car.

I find this encouraging that there is apparently a strong demand out there...and I feel much better about not taking my car. Part of me felt like I was letting the dealer down or something...even though I know that I was probably doing them a favor.

Anyone take delivery yet? Not counting those that found orphans or otherwise worked outside of the 'system'.

In many ways I regret cancelling my order for the MY2012 but... if I hadn't "pre-ordered" then the dealer (Kline) probably wouldn't have been able to get one for general sale.

In all seriousness, I'll probably never fully utilize the 6.6kv onboard charger but the new heater would be a definite plus in our climate. Not real excited about a leather option but the darker interior would be nice.

My federal building will be installing 20-30 EV charging stations but those won't be availabe until sometime 2014 at the earliest.

Anxious to see how aggressively Minnesota rolls out a public EV charging infrastructure. I suppose much of that depends on the outcome of the elections later this year. I know the current administration is very much pro-EV but I spend a lot of time in other forums debating the value of EVs with folks I consider a bit... myopic. :lol:

Heard a rumor Toyota's RAV4 EV will retail for about $50K? OUCH!!!

My dashboard keeps changing dates (***shocking***) and never in the "sooner" direction. Now is week of June 6th. GE Wattstation is installed, I am ready to take delivery. This whole process has been a joke for me. Reserved on 4/10/2010 and still no word on where my car is.

Pipemajor,

So why do you regret your decision to cancel your delivery? I am feeling pretty good about waiting for the 2013 myself, but I admit part of that is my current finances will be better able to adjust to a car payment next year.

Rauv,

I hear you on the frustration...although in my case since I am not taking possession I probably find it more amusing than irritating. But based on what we have seen on this forum I fully expected this. The good part of what is happening is that I have not seen the huge swings that others in the past had seen. I've gone from 'Month of May' to 'Month of June' to 'Week of May 24' to 'Week of June 4' and have recently bounces around between Week of June [6,7,8].

You would think they could have started at 'Month of June' and left it there until they knew...the bouncing around is quite crazy. As far as the wait from our registration (I to registered in 2010), it was I think roughly what we were told it would be...Late 2011/Early 2012...which was adjusted to 'Spring 2012'.

LeafinThePark said:
Pipemajor,

So why do you regret your decision to cancel your delivery? I am feeling pretty good about waiting for the 2013 myself, but I admit part of that is my current finances will be better able to adjust to a car payment next year.

Most of all I regret canceling the order because I need a car NOW! My daughter took my wife's '92 Camry with her to school last semester. I had to be shuttled back and forth to my bus stop each day. There were a couple of days when either the wife or son forgot which one was to pick me up in the afternoon and I was stranded a couple of times.

Daughter is home now so I have use of that car. Sure would have been fun to play with a new EV this summer! :(
With 2 kids currently in college finances here are also an issue. I have one which finishes up this December. Sounds about the right time to order a new Leaf, no?

For what it is worth, sometime in the last few days my delivery date changed from Week of June 6 to Week of June 1. Even though I have decided to orphan this car it's still pretty exciting to see how close we are. And based on the last conversation I had with Feldmann they already had someone lined up to lease this car.

Anyone take delivery yet?

Kline Nissan says my car will be in this week. Nissan website says week of June 1st. Long wait is nearly over. Still not sure if I should buy or lease. Good arguments to be made on both sides.

Pipemajor said:
Anxious to see how aggressively Minnesota rolls out a public EV charging infrastructure. I suppose much of that depends on the outcome of the elections later this year. I know the current administration is very much pro-EV but I spend a lot of time in other forums debating the value of EVs with folks I consider a bit... myopic. :lol:
If you're interested in seeing more pro-EV charging infrastructure votes, I'm running for State House in Lakeville. The current House won't pass anything useful to the governor's desk. We need legislators willing to lead on this issue. -- http://colinlee.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Was out running errands today and stopped by at Feldmann....there were two Leafs, both red SV's in the lot...one was plugged in the other out with all the other cars. I would assume one of these is the one I had orphaned. Great to actually see that they are here!

I know two Leafs were supposed to be picked up today at Feldmanns. I'm meeting with them tomorrow about my Red SL with graphics. It showed up there last week, but they needed time for detailing it.

Saw where Kline had recently advertised a blue SL so naturally wondered if was the one I had reserved. Coincidentally, I got my $99 refund today.

I expect we can order the Smyrna 2013s in another 5-6 months...

Back