September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
leaffan said:
They opened at 10:30AM today, about the same time as the Aug. 31. Again, it opened before people received the ordering email.

So leaffan, you seem to have the inside info. It's 3:20 pm PST. Are we "done" for today? Can I go start some serious drinking and save some energy for tomorrow's grind?

I would like to know, too! Tired of monitoring all day! I was early on April 20 reservation and Sept. order month....but still no activation of dashboard.

Boomer23 said:
I'm happy with Connell, too. Mark was on the ball to call me last evening.

As for an OC electrician, I have the name of an honest independent guy, family business, licensed electrician who I gave me a very fair estimate of the work at my house a few weeks ago. I'd recommend at least giving him a shot at your group idea.

The company is Jason Wakefield Electric. Phone: 714-883-5064. Tell him you heard about him from someone on the Nissan Leaf forum.

I'm probably going to go with AV because their quote works well for me.

Boomer 23,
Thanks for the referral. I will write it down. Just out of curiosity--did you get a reasonable quote for Aerovironment? Mine was $3600 for a new home with a covered attached garage. Was your electrician's quote similar?

Thank you for whatever thoughts you can add.

drlesley said:
Boomer 23,
Thanks for the referral. I will write it down. Just out of curiosity--did you get a reasonable quote for Aerovironment? Mine was $3600 for a new home with a covered attached garage. Was your electrician's quote similar?

Thank you for whatever thoughts you can add.

Mine was $2636 from AV. Aside from permits, the cost of the EVSE itself, shipping and tax, the labor and parts ran $1686. That includes a conduit run of more than 60 feet from my panel, through an attic and across an atrium to the garage, adding a 40 amp breaker to the panel, connection to the charging dock, and AV's testing and warranty of the work. Interestingly, Jason and another electrician had said that my panel wouldn't handle an additional breaker, and people on this forum suggested a sub-panel be added. When I spoke with AV about it, they agreed that a sub-panel is needed and said that they'd include it at the previously bid price, which surprised me, as you can imagine. AV called yesterday and said that they're going to revise the scope of work in the quote to include the sub-panel, and I warned them not to increase the price. We'll see how that plays out.

For independent bids, I got Jason and another electrician to bid on just adding the 40 amp breaker and running the conduit and wiring to a junction box in the garage. Jason came back at about $1650 and the other guy was at about $1785. So I felt like AV was right on the money, especially since theirs included full attachment to the charging dock, testing and warranty of the connection and my $100 assessment fee would apply to that cost. Jason had suggested that I need a panel upgrade from my 100 amp to a 200 amp panel. He bid that at around $2050, which I gather is a steal, since most guys charge about $3000.

Boomer23 said:
Mine was $2636 from AV. Aside from permits, the cost of the EVSE itself, shipping and tax, the labor and parts ran $1686. That includes a conduit run of more than 60 feet from my panel, through an attic and across an atrium to the garage, adding a 40 amp breaker to the panel, connection to the charging dock, and AV's testing and warranty of the work. Interestingly, Jason and another electrician had said that my panel wouldn't handle an additional breaker, and people on this forum suggested a sub-panel be added. When I spoke with AV about it, they agreed that a sub-panel is needed and said that they'd include it at the previously bid price, which surprised me, as you can imagine. AV called yesterday and said that they're going to revise the scope of work in the quote to include the sub-panel, and I warned them not to increase the price. We'll see how that plays out.

For independent bids, I got Jason and another electrician to bid on just adding the 40 amp breaker and running the conduit and wiring to a junction box in the garage. Jason came back at about $1650 and the other guy was at about $1785. So I felt like AV was right on the money, especially since theirs included full attachment to the charging dock, testing and warranty of the connection and my $100 assessment fee would apply to that cost. Jason had suggested that I need a panel upgrade from my 100 amp to a 200 amp panel. He bid that at around $2050, which I gather is a steal, since most guys charge about $3000.

Your AV quote sounds pretty darn reasonable to me. Unless they come back with an inflated price with the sub-panel.

mwalsh said:
[
Your AV quote sounds pretty darn reasonable to me. Unless they come back with an inflated price with the sub-panel.

That's my thinking, Michael. it's the only one I've heard of that is reasonable. Maybe the fact that I waited 50 days for it and called them 4 times made a difference, or the fact that by the time they quoted me, everyone else was up in arms.

the "my account" link is now blank. What does that mean? Does it mean they are in the process of activating my RFQ? I hope so, but it is weird that now it goes to a page that is completely blank.

I can click the only button on the screen and go back to home screen and that works, but my dashboard is empty.

Kataphn said:
Boomer23 said:
leaffan said:
They opened at 10:30AM today, about the same time as the Aug. 31. Again, it opened before people received the ordering email.

So leaffan, you seem to have the inside info. It's 3:20 pm PST. Are we "done" for today? Can I go start some serious drinking and save some energy for tomorrow's grind?

I would like to know, too! Tired of monitoring all day! I was early on April 20 reservation and Sept. order month....but still no activation of dashboard.

LOL, I don't have inside info, but I use logic and intuition. They stopped sending them out yesterday around 2PM PDT, so I figured it would be the same today. Tomorrow, they will probably start at 10:30 again or at least the account portals may be open.

palmermd said:
the "my account" link is now blank. What does that mean? Does it mean they are in the process of activating my RFQ? I hope so, but it is weird that now it goes to a page that is completely blank.
Blank for me too - I was hoping it was in process of fixing my problem where I'm locked into one dealer when I'm trying to get a quote from a second dealer. I am guessing it is just "down" and has nothing to do with either of us :(

So leaffan, you seem to have the inside info. It's 3:20 pm PST. Are we "done" for today? Can I go start some serious drinking and save some energy for tomorrow's grind?[/quote]

I would like to know, too! Tired of monitoring all day! I was early on April 20 reservation and Sept. order month....but still no activation of dashboard.[/quote]

LOL, I don't have inside info, but I use logic and intuition. They stopped sending them out yesterday around 2PM PDT, so I figured it would be the same today. Tomorrow, they will probably start at 10:30 again or at least the account portals may be open.[/quote]

You must mean the next 5%:)

JasonT said:
palmermd said:
Blank for me too - I was hoping it was in process of fixing my problem where I'm locked into one dealer when I'm trying to get a quote from a second dealer. I am guessing it is just "down" and has nothing to do with either of us :(

ok. if it is down for everyone then it must be time for a pool. What time will the site get back up and running? It went down at about 3:30 as best I can tell (checked at about 2:30 and was fine and 3:30 was down). This site went down at 4:15 and was back up by about 5:45. Half hour faster than predicted (Thanks). I'll start with a guess of 9:30pm tonight.

I even tried the live chat to ask what was going on and it allowed me to type in my name and info and then a question, but then when I hit submit it just closed the window, so not help there.

palmermd said:
JasonT said:
palmermd said:

ok. if it is down for everyone then it must be time for a pool. What time will the site get back up and running? It went down at about 3:30 as best I can tell (checked at about 2:30 and was fine and 3:30 was down). This site went down at 4:15 and was back up by about 5:45. Half hour faster than predicted (Thanks). I'll start with a guess of 9:30pm tonight.

I even tried the live chat to ask what was going on and it allowed me to type in my name and info and then a question, but then when I hit submit it just closed the window, so not help there.

I have always been able to get through, no issues at any of the given times.

EVDRIVER said:

ok, that's weird. Still not working for me. I just get a blank page with a button back to home in the upper left and the black bar with the links to twitter and facebook and other Nissan information across the bottom.

back to home
follow us:

* Facebook
* Twitter

* find a dealer
* Nissan vehicles
* Zero Emissions
* contact
* copyright
* privacy

palmermd said:
EVDRIVER said:

ok, that's weird. Still not working for me. I just get a blank page with a button back to home in the upper left and the black bar with the links to twitter and facebook and other Nissan information across the bottom.

Browser issue. I've been using Firefox the whole time, but today it stopped working. I just tried the site using Safari and it opened just fine with the exception of not being able to RFQ. That needs to be fixed soon as well.

Funny it was working all day when I was away using Safari on my iPhone, and then it stopped working on the iPhone and I got excited. I assumed that when my RFQ went live, there was some flash screens to request the quote, so I quickly went home only to find that it did not work on my home computer either (Firefox).

I didn't have the blank screen issue. I'm using Google Chrome. I admit that I booted IE just to make sure I wasn't missing something, like a Ready to Order screen with Chrome. I wasn't :eek:

cashu2 said:
I went through Fontana just like you, I offered Valencia Nissan the deal but the General Manager just wanted to keep calling me! I just wanted a straight forward yes or no answer without the negotiating which is why I'm sure he wanted to call me. Fontana is going to deliver it on a flat bed for free and I can sign the paper work at home, that coupled with the $1,000 off sealed the deal for me!

BTW I asked you what color you are getting in another post, then you replied to this one, weird. So what color are you getting, hopefully not white :)

Yeah I guess there were too many threads it's hard to keep track...but anyway, we thought about white, but my current car is already white, so I picked blue :)

Back