Side moldings for the Leaf doors

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinwing said:
Ehelmholst...how was your color match on pearl glacial...I sent first set back as too white...snd set is better but still far from perfect match...maybe I am too picky..kpc
The color match isn't perfect but looks better installed.

garygid said:
How would the Blue molding look on a white LEAF?

Too much contrast, I suspect.
C'mon, use the red molding to make it look like a candy cane, or with the blue as well, a barber shop pole! :lol:

actually either the red or blue would look better..metallic whites are difficult to match..the problem is the stock paint as shot by the robot in japan has an amber cast to it that the door guards as recived do not have.I think its something about the clearcoat...its a 3 part paint process..a flat white,than the metallic mica coat than clearcoat..when held up against the car..they simply appear to white...I have not installed my set...I think I will show them to a professional auto painter friend...see if he can get a closer match..if not I have a set of sorta glacier white ones for sale..kpc

JPVLeaf said:
I've received mine and am ready to install. But, it seems the 'apogee' could be
even a little higher, maybe 29" from ground. Although, when I look at other cars
(non-Leafs), it doesn't always appear they are using the apogee but sometimes
a seemingly arbitrary, 'aesthetically' pleasing height (i.e., these are as much
cosmetic as they are functional).
Finally got around to installing my moldings, which I purchased from Sportwing off Ebay. I went with what looked right for me, which meant lower and a slight slope up front to rear. The bottom edge of the painters tape (top edge of the molding) slopes up slightly towards the rear starting at 24-1/2" at the front edge of the front door, and 25-1/2" at the rear edge of the rear door. I generally agreed with how Yanquetino sloped his, but placed mine a couple of inches lower than his.

TRDDEl.jpg

if anyone is interested in the Glacier Pearl color side moldings, i have a set available. just decided not to apply them. $80 and they're yours. please PM me if you're interested.

Here's another photo of the car with side moldings in place - the color on Glacial Pearl isn't exact but pretty close:
Photo%2520May%252002%252C%25203%252018%252011%2520PM.jpg

I have been thinking about buying these as they look fairly good on this body shape and I am paranoid about door dings even though I know it is just a matter of time.

How easy are they to remove? Fishing line under the double-sided tape and Goo Gone - provided the paint doesn't fade dramatically? My LEAF is leased.

Do you think people who park next to you are more likely to see the strips and feel it is ok to rest their doors against them even though their doors will not necessarily hit the strip? I wonder about that. :roll:

Pikelet said:
I have been thinking about buying these as they look fairly good on this body shape and I am paranoid about door dings even though I know it is just a matter of time.

How easy are they to remove? Fishing line under the double-sided tape and Goo Gone - provided the paint doesn't fade dramatically? My LEAF is leased.

Do you think people who park next to you are more likely to see the strips and feel it is ok to rest their doors against them even though their doors will not necessarily hit the strip? I wonder about that. :roll:

I'm leasing and not worried about removing the molding upon return. I plan on leaving it in-place, as it's an upgrade. They probably won't even notice it. If I did have to remove it, I would use a heat gun (carefully).

Not much discussion on side moldings since 2013 but just thought I'd ask all you Leaf owners:
I see some body (door) side moldings from an outfit called Spoiler and Wing King, http://spoilerandwingking.com/2011-2014-Nissan-Leaf-Painted-Body-Side-Moldings, which are much cheaper (89.00 USD) than the SportWings offering (which as mentioned is sourced from Dawn Enterprises).
Anyone with experience with side moldings other than those made by Dawn Enterprises?

mapperboy said:
Not much discussion on side moldings since 2013 but just thought I'd ask all you Leaf owners:
I see some body (door) side moldings from an outfit called Spoiler and Wing King, http://spoilerandwingking.com/2011-2014-Nissan-Leaf-Painted-Body-Side-Moldings, which are much cheaper (89.00 USD) than the SportWings offering (which as mentioned is sourced from Dawn Enterprises).
Anyone with experience with side moldings other than those made by Dawn Enterprises?
In 2012 I ordered side moldings for my (then new) 2013 Ford Flex from Spoiler and Wing King. They were a perfect colour match, I'm very happy with them, and they're still on and looking good. I'm now working on deciding where to order for my 2016 Leaf.

Back