Thanks for the suggestions - comments!
1. A half-dozen Personal-Preset buttons to set the sliders to
my own common sitiations would be very nice.
I will put this on the improvement list and get to it when I have some time.
2. Increase and Decrease (Arrow-Buttons) on each parameter libe to fine-tune any selected "coarse" value would be nice.
I had a prototype doing that but it was too "messy" - can you describe which value do you have problems finetuning that would affect your range by say more than 1mile?
3. A larger font for the slider values, to be able to read them at a glance while driving, would be nice.
Good point - will get to it.
4. Elevation change (up a long grade, for example) will depend upon how far one gets along the journey. Perhaps a "grade" or climb rate would be better, or another "units" option in Settings.
5. How to handle going up a big hill and down again, with no net elevation change? Maybe total UPs, and total DOWNs?
6. How to handle many ups and downs (hills), or handle a few large climbs, with a few major decents?
7. Maybe some user-entered (touch) elevation points for the trip on an Elevation Chart, over a user-set (in Settings) distance, max elevation, and min elevation for the trip?
I can't see an easy or simple way to do this - the best option would be a map with a route and elevation profile... but that would take some time. If I get more than 600 app downloads I consider putting some effort and making it happen.
Great so far!
What language are you programming in?