Minnesota Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up my Leaf 5/31, surprisingly 1 day earlier than the estimates from Nissan. I have run it through its paces, and felt I made the right decision to buy now. We'll see if my opinion changes when winter arrives. I have found, in my limited exposure to the guess o meter, that it is fairly accurate; that is-- I have been resetting the trip odomoeter, and the GOM drops as fast as the odomoeter rises, so it must be fairly accurate. I hope to get to turtle mode this weekend to see what that experience is all about. I really like the pre-heat/pre-cool ability via smartphone or work computer. Navigation seems solid --I used it for the first time this morning and it worked flawlessly. Set the route on the PC last night and uploaded it to the car also. Nice female voice in the morning telling me how to get to work. I also like the great off-the-line acceleration it has. WOW. I have read for two years about ECO mode, and people's complaints, but I have no problem with it defaulting to regular mode, and needing the extra shift to get it into ECO mode, because you can do it while you are driving. I thought you were 'committed' to D instead of ECO when you first start, but not so. Good A/C, quiet car except for the high-pitched whine during any acceleration.

Does anyone have an SOC meter that they're willing to meet up with or loan out? I'm picking up a new Leaf later this month and would like a baseline measure.

Thanks! Jim

Might be time to resurrect this thread. I've seen at least a couple of new Minnesota owners on various discussions here and there.

I am now leasing an SV. I've had it for about 3 weeks and have nothing be good to say about it. This morning provided a really good chance to see how it performed in the snow and muck. Handled everything very well, but not surprisingly did go through more battery than it had on good driving days.

I will repeat Jim's suggestion of a Leaf get together...any interest?

LeafinThePark said:
I will repeat Jim's suggestion of a Leaf get together...any interest?

If you aren't already a member, there is a local group of plug in vehicles that meets every other month. We have a variety of vehicles including Leaf, Volt and Tesla.
We are putting together a EV day at the capital and something for the state fair.
The website is at http://www.pluginconnect.com/mnpevowners.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Would be great to see more people there:)

I cancelled my 2012 SL Leaf to wait for the 2013s. Now they are here but I'm waiting on a career opportunity to materialize first. Chances are still pretty good I'll have some EV this year. Still nursing along a 21 year old Camry and 22 year old Mazda pickup in the meantime.

Zythryn said:
If you aren't already a member, there is a local group of plug in vehicles that meets every other month. We have a variety of vehicles including Leaf, Volt and Tesla.
We are putting together a EV day at the capital and something for the state fair.
The website is at http://www.pluginconnect.com/mnpevowners.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Would be great to see more people there:)

I was not aware of this group...I am a member now :).

Back