Leaf Fest 2012 - KCMO area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksnogas2112

There have been 3-5 active participants from the KC area and outlying regions. Does anyone want to have some type of Leaf Festival in KC later this fall? I'm thinking if there are enough forum people interested we can definitely get together at one of the KC parks* especially since there's a ChargePoint station by UMKC. Do some signage, frisbees, picnics...etc.

Comments requested. Just my 2 cents and a complimentary pick axe to poke holes.

*Ranked 16 of 40 nationally, but that doesn't include all the parks in the 'burbs
http://parkscore.tpl.org/city.php?city=Kansas%20City" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Missouri#Parks_and_boulevard_system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm in. Preferably when it cools down, possibly September? A park with a nearby ChargePoint station is a big plus. Haven't checked the available charging stations, but the Nelson-Adkins Museum parkland is close to UMKC; Loose Park isn't too far from there (lots of parking & picnic areas). Possibly bring your dog(s) for a play date?

Additional plug (pardon pun) McCarthy Nissan said not every time and not necessarily very much but for me to contact them for a little assistance to put it all together. Signs, maybe a demo car, maybe hot dogs....Kathy's in....anyone else?

Tentatively thinking the park near 47th and Troost, just east of the Nelson. There's a Chargepoint plug there. I'll be heading there this afternoon to check it out. Any excuse to drive :cool:

Also, in line with the 'cooler weather' thinking early/mid Oct. 2012.

Think you're talking about Kauffman Legasy Park? Found it on the map - haven't been there but have been by the Kauffman memorial garden. The park has the Anita B Gorman park within and the Kauffman Legasy Lake there, too, from what I see on web map. Not too far down from the Plaza tennis courts, going east on Volker. Should be nice - please post you results after checking it out. Thinking it will be pretty there in the fall, but probably better late Sept/early Oct, since the leaves drop off the trees in mid- to late-Oct. (my experience here). Cool that McCarthy is willing to participate in that way! Have a fun drive today!

Didn't find the plug that was on the chargepoint but just looked at the map again and realized there was a turn I missed. So something to do when I'm not down to 2 bars. I did find the plugshare one at umkc and used the one at the walgreens at 38th and broadway followed by lunch at O'Dowd's on the Plaza. By-Tor is downstairs charging a bit before running kid on errand. Wish there was a plug near the rpg game store he's become addicted to.

Tom, you seem to be making great use of the range and charge capabilities... :eek: did you map that location on your navi and didn't she tell you to turn back? :lol: Sunday was the first time that I've depleted my battery to 2 bars above the 2 red bars (I don't usually deplete below 4-5 bars). Gave myself a little range anxiety, but after I was able to make a short roundtrip and deplete only 1 additional bar, I relaxxxed a bit. :cool:. Not sure when I'll hit the LBW or VLBW and Turtle. Report that, if you do (see turtle).

Back