Zero:Net - The UK's open Charging Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely!

I saw with the link on the Nissan LEAF UK site that there is a girth of density with L2 and enough L3 to get any LEAF driver anywhere in Great Britain and Northern Ireland. So what I want to do is just rent a LEAF for a couple weeks in the UK and potter around as a tourist and avid Doctor Who live viewings some Saturday evenings in late August / Early September. So I'd like of course to rent a LEAF but it doesn't look like you can do that. :( But any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Alternatively, I suppose we could start a LEAF-share type service if someone wanted to come to D.C. and drive #CO2Fre for a few weeks while I putter around the UK in your LEAF. :)

TimeHorse said:
So I'd like of course to rent a LEAF but it doesn't look like you can do that. :( But any advice would be greatly appreciated!
To be honest the DC charging is still very much in it's infancy here and I don't think long distances are a reality in the Leaf unless you've got a lot of time to kill. I would recommend hiring a Ampera (Volt) and use that to travel the longer distances and then stay at Zero:Net locations for overnight charging. In some area's like cornwall you can drive on pure electricity because overnight stops are much less than 50 miles apart.

KevinSharpe said:
To be honest the DC charging is still very much in it's infancy here and I don't think long distances are a reality in the Leaf unless you've got a lot of time to kill. I would recommend hiring a Ampera (Volt) and use that to travel the longer distances and then stay at Zero:Net locations for overnight charging. In some area's like cornwall you can drive on pure electricity because overnight stops are much less than 50 miles apart.

The Aptera isn't a bad idea even if I think it's even harder to find a place renting them but have you seen this? Seems there are CHAdeMO placed all around the UK in strategic locations perfect for any EV with the TEPCO plug travelling.

TimeHorse said:
Seems there are CHAdeMO placed all around the UK in strategic locations perfect for any EV with the TEPCO plug travelling.
I live in the UK and the reality is that most of those fast chargers are located at dealers and only available during office hours. Note also that the chargers are often not working.

For a grasp of the reality of DC charging in the UK try the Leaf Talk forum

DaveinOlyWA said:
sooo, still no plans to immigrate to the good ole USA?
ZCW would love to replicate this model in the US... we need a benefactor with $1M to get started... sorry, but my cash is committed to ZCW in the UK :)

KevinSharpe said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
sooo, still no plans to immigrate to the good ole USA?
ZCW would love to replicate this model in the US... we need a benefactor with $1M to get started... sorry, but my cash is committed to ZCW in the UK :)

:roll: Seriously you guys, I've seen your charging infrastructure. Now look at plugshare[url] around the Mid West of the U.S. south of Chicago, or even the East Coast. Believe me you lot are a lot better off out there in the Isles.

Back