Leafs in Utah

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yanquetino said:
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

I am now a proud and happy EV owner. Mine is the first officially delivered Leaf in the state of Utah!

(click to enlarge)

Love the pic. I am glad they are now being delivered here.

KJD said:
Great looking car Yanquentino. It looks like you bought the car from Stephen Wade. Does anyone there know how to spell EV ? :lol:
Actually, I bought the car from Desert Nissan in Las Vegas, because the portal wouldn't let me order from Stephen Wade, due to a problem with their "quota." However, Nissan drop shipped the vehicle at Stephen Wade, since they wanted me to meet the folks who will service my Leaf there anyway. I've already swapped their ad for a plate, which I'll also replace with a personalized license in the next couple of weeks.

Gotta admit: Nissan has really bent over backwards to fill my order, probably to help show appreciation for the long wait and loyalty. I'm LOVING this car! Here's a pict of her in the garage, ready to start charging at midnight last night:

(Click to enlarge)

A fair number of the Walgreens stores in Salt Lake county now have EV charge stations. It looks like they were installed by
http://www.semacharge.com/publicstations.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
http://350green.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The ones I have been to have all been free of charge. I made a point of buying something every time just to say thank you to the store.

Darren have any of these been installed in Utah county yet ?

The Walgreens in south Orem on state doesn't have one by every other location got them the first of Feb. Do they all have them in SLC now? I called several about a month ago and none of them knew anything about it.

Also, I have added them to PlugShare. Is there any centralized app that people are using to document new locations?

I had a conversation with the Gateway earlier this week. They are considering putting 5-6 stations in each parking garage. Their only concern was if there would be sufficient demand as they said I was the first to call. They were completely unaware that they were not actually sold in Utah yet. I got the impression that if we all call them, it will increase the chances of them actually installing them. Mike is the parking garage manager at 801-456-7275.

Darren said:
Do they all have them in SLC now? I called several about a month ago and none of them knew anything about it.

About half of them do. The ones that do have them for sure are
Bountiful
515 South 500 West 84010
Draper
1311 Draper Parkway 84020
Draper
176 East 13800 South 84020
Riverton
12623 South Redwood Road 84065
Sandy
9426 South 700 East 84070
Sandy
2090 East 9400 South 84093
Taylorsville
4668 South Redwood Road 84123

The 2 stores in SLC have the stations under construction and should be finished soon.
The metal Post and Conduit is installed, but no charge head yet.

THANKS. I have even heard of a few Walgreens getting QC's but I doubt that will happen in UT.

:shock:
KJD said:
Darren said:
Do they all have them in SLC now? I called several about a month ago and none of them knew anything about it.

About half of them do. The ones that do have them for sure are
Bountiful
515 South 500 West 84010
Draper
1311 Draper Parkway 84020
Draper
176 East 13800 South 84020
Riverton
12623 South Redwood Road 84065
Sandy
9426 South 700 East 84070
Sandy
2090 East 9400 South 84093
Taylorsville
4668 South Redwood Road 84123

The 2 stores in SLC have the stations under construction and should be finished soon.
The metal Post and Conduit is installed, but no charge head yet.

Milford Renewable Energy Fair set for this Thursday the 26th.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/53924839-79/energy-fair-milford-renewable.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are any of you planing on going to this event? It sounds like it would be fun.

KJD

KJD said:
Milford Renewable Energy Fair set for this Thursday the 26th.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/53924839-79/energy-fair-milford-renewable.html.csp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Are any of you planing on going to this event? It sounds like it would be fun.

KJD
Alas...! I doubt I'll be able to make it, but it does sound like fun. I always enjoy driving the backroad through Milford: the windfarm there is so impressive!

(click to enlarge)

Greetings from a potential LEAF owner,

I've been doing research on the Nissan LEAF, off and on, for about a year. Now that they are available nationwide my interest in purchasing one has greatly increased.

At the beginning of May I was able to test drive the one at Ken Garff Nissan of Orem. I loved it. I also interviewed the general manager, Tyler Slade, for quite some time as he drives a LEAF down from Taylorsville, where he lives. This is about the same commute I have from my house in Utah County to Taylorsville, where I work.

Does anyone else on this thread have a commute similar to mine: ~32 miles one way, over the point of the mountain?

Has anyone been able to convince their employer to install a charging station?

Thanks
Richard

Mortvola said:
Greetings from a potential LEAF owner,

I've been doing research on the Nissan LEAF, off and on, for about a year. Now that they are available nationwide my interest in purchasing one has greatly increased.

At the beginning of May I was able to test drive the one at Ken Garff Nissan of Orem. I loved it. I also interviewed the general manager, Tyler Slade, for quite some time as he drives a LEAF down from Taylorsville, where he lives. This is about the same commute I have from my house in Utah County to Taylorsville, where I work.

Does anyone else on this thread have a commute similar to mine: ~32 miles one way, over the point of the mountain?

Has anyone been able to convince their employer to install a charging station?

Thanks
Richard

Welcome Richard.

I live in the sugarhouse area of SLC. Where at in Talyorsville is your job exactly. The Walgreens on Redwood in Talyorsville has a charge station, I used it a couple of weeks ago. The cost is free, if you buy something at the store and its only a short distance to the college from there.

I have also driven from my house to Provo and charged at the Walgeens on state in provo and then driven back to SLC in the same day.

KJD

Good news article Yanquetino.

Have you spotted any other Leafs in the wild around southern Utah or is yours the only one?

There have been a few new ones here in SLC, but not very many.

KJD said:
Have you spotted any other Leafs in the wild around southern Utah or is yours the only one?

There have been a few new ones here in SLC, but not very many.
There is a retired physician here who bought one in Oregon and had it shipped to St. George. I have spoken with him a couple of times, but we haven't been able to get together yet, as he has been out-of-town.

One important note I'll pass along to you. After test driving my Leaf, my state representative is preparing a bill to raise the EV tax incentive to the same $2,500 as CNG vehicles. He has asked if it would be possible to show a Leaf to other legislators when the bill comes to the floor, and I reassured him that there are owners up there on the Wasatch Front who would likely be willing to show up at the Capitol. What do think? Something that the Wasatch Leafs would like to get involved with?

I would be glad to see if I could help with the Utah Representatives efforts. I was living in CA when it was $5k and know quite a bit about the things CA did right and wrong with their incentives.

Darren said:
I am beginning to think it is about time for another Utah LEAF's get together. Any interest?

Sure I am interested. My schedule is pretty open, next saturday or sunday morning would be good. What works for you?

There is a Walgreens by I-15 and Bangerter (Draper) that has a charge station. We could meet there and walk over to the coffee shop by Harmons.

I am also open to other locations if you have something better in mind.

Back