NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EdmondLeaf: Thanks for the suggestion as the tow guy was clueless. I got the "I don't hear it runnin' " comment after he hooked up the jumper cables.. he jumped it and that got it fired up to at least get it out of the garage and onto the tow truck. I have a "visit dealer" message on dash. It is on its way to the dealership now. Thanks again, will keep ya posted on how it turns out.

Eleafgrrl said:
EdmondLeaf: Thanks for the suggestion as the tow guy was clueless. I got the "I don't hear it runnin' " comment after he hooked up the jumper cables.. he jumped it and that got it fired up to at least get it out of the garage and onto the tow truck. I have a "visit dealer" message on dash. It is on its way to the dealership now. Thanks again, will keep ya posted on how it turns out.

Jill,

Isn't this the second time the car has had to go to the dealer for something or other? Sucks for you!!

Fingers crossed, touch wood, I'm at 12,500 trouble free miles (excepting the damn deer).

Hope they turn it round quickly.

Eleafgrrl said:
If I had a buck for each time I went into Nissan Service because of the "visit dealer" yellow message, I could have a spare traction pack by now. :D The dealer tells me (each time) ummm ... nope ... nothin' showin' on my wiggy ... better bring it back in when it stays on (because it goes off after a restart, usually). So I come back with the "visit dealer" msg blazing. They still can't figure it out. so they turn the car off ... turn it back on and tell me, "seems ok now".
(sigh)

hill said:
If I had a buck for each time I went into Nissan Service because of the "visit dealer" yellow message, I could have a spare traction pack by now. :D The dealer tells me (each time) ummm ... nope ... nothin' showin' on my wiggy ... better bring it back in when it stays on (because it goes off after a restart, usually). So I come back with the "visit dealer" msg blazing. They still can't figure it out. so they turn the car off ... turn it back on and tell me, "seems ok now".
(sigh)

Be sure they fill out a service ticket each time you take it there. After so many attempts to fix the same problem without success and you get to enact the lemon law on it. Check with your local state on their lemon law provisions.

w00t!!!

Just won an iPad2 at Newton Nissan during their 2013 Altima Launch Party.

Even got a hug from Kelsey :oops:

Newton Nissan are awesome!!!

Oh yeah I was there long enough (you had to be present to win) that I got enough of a charge for the return trip from home to the dealer and back!!!! He he he he.

JPWhite said:
w00t!!!

Oh yeah I was there long enough (you had to be present to win) that I got enough of a charge for the return trip from home to the dealer and back!!!! He he he he.

Awesome! Congrats! I saw their Facebook invite for the event but already had plans at that time. Awesome prize for being present!

JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:

Jill,

Isn't this the second time the car has had to go to the dealer for something or other? Sucks for you!!

Fingers crossed, touch wood, I'm at 12,500 trouble free miles (excepting the damn deer).

Hope they turn it round quickly.

Yes, you are correct, the brake actuator went out exactly one month to the day after I picked up the Leaf. THAT was fixed in one day, they replaced the actuator and I had it back within 24 hours.

JPWhite said:
w00t!!!

Congrats, that's awesome!

hill said:
Eleafgrrl said:
(sigh)

In regards to the "visit dealer" message, this is only the second time I have seen that, the first was with the actuator episode. The fact that the Leaf died while it was being driven and was DOA at home with the charger seems to point to a legitimate issue. The "EV System" warning light was something I had never seen before.

JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
Leaf died, waiting for tow truck to take it to dealer. Tuesday, my hubs had the Leaf (of course) at work hooked up to the BLink charger, hit the climate control on button on phone, got in some time later and took off for home. He got about 200 yards and the car died, he was able to restart it but when he did the EV system warning light (the yellow car with exclamation point) came on. He made it home and when he plugged it in, there was no response from the car, never started charging. It had 59 miles on the GOM so I figured we would take it in to the dealer. I made an appointment for this morning and it is totally dead, not recognizing a key, nothing happens when we got in, tried both key fobs just in case but still nothing, it is DEAD. No lights, no sound nada! Uh oh. Will keep you posted on what happened. Should be fun getting it out of the garage...

Yes please keep us posted. Sorry to hear it gave up the ghost. Don't forget the free roadside assitance, Nissan should tow it for free. How many miles do you have on it now?

JP

JP- the roadside assistance was utilized, although I called at 10:30 am and it was after 1pm before he arrived (another day shot to hell, waiting) and he called for directions...but it was free so I guess I should be happy...
I just rolled over 10K miles.

Eleafgrrl said:
JPWhite said:
Eleafgrrl said:
Leaf died, waiting for tow truck to take it to dealer. Tuesday, my hubs had the Leaf (of course) at work hooked up to the BLink charger, hit the climate control on button on phone, got in some time later and took off for home. He got about 200 yards and the car died, he was able to restart it but when he did the EV system warning light (the yellow car with exclamation point) came on. He made it home and when he plugged it in, there was no response from the car, never started charging. It had 59 miles on the GOM so I figured we would take it in to the dealer. I made an appointment for this morning and it is totally dead, not recognizing a key, nothing happens when we got in, tried both key fobs just in case but still nothing, it is DEAD. No lights, no sound nada! Uh oh. Will keep you posted on what happened. Should be fun getting it out of the garage...

Yes please keep us posted. Sorry to hear it gave up the ghost. Don't forget the free roadside assitance, Nissan should tow it for free. How many miles do you have on it now?

JP

JP- the roadside assistance was utilized, although I called at 10:30 am and it was after 1pm before he arrived (another day shot to hell, waiting) and he called for directions...but it was free so I guess I should be happy...
I just rolled over 10K miles.

Has the dealer indicated what the problem is yet?

Blink has an update about the quick chargers in Tennessee:

http://blinkshare.blinknetwork.com/blink/topics/blink_dc_fast_chargers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"All TN DCFCs are back online! However, it's going to take about a week to get the units back on to the BlinkMap."

Anyone have any recent experience to report?

rslatkin said:

http://blinkshare.blinknetwork.com/blink/topics/blink_dc_fast_chargers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"All TN DCFCs are back online! However, it's going to take about a week to get the units back on to the BlinkMap."

I used the Murfreesboro QC three times in the past week. Hasn't failed me once.

Side note: The Mboro CB is TERRIBLE about spots being ICE'd. So, even though it's working doesn't guarantee the spot won't be ICE'd by a large SUV/Truck (90% of the times I've been there it was a truck or SUV, the other 10% it was minivans). For as hot as it's been (I've only Quick charged at 6 temp bars or less), I planned around going in the late evening (10pm and later), so I lucked out that they were closed and no one was parked there.

Eleafgrrl said:

<snipped conversation with JPWhite>

I hope all is well, and you have your car back already, Jill! I hate to hear you had another problem with it. Please keep us updated.

Cheers, Bert

rslatkin said:

In Chattanooga I used the East Ridge Cracker Barrel DCFC on 07-14-2012 @ 16:22. It worked well.
Started with 6/12 bars.
7th bar: 1 Minute
8th bar: 3 Minutes
9th bar: 5 Minutes
10th bar: 8 Minutes

rslatkin said:

.... And two weeks later, still no sign of a single QC in TN. The L2 chargers sitting next to them show up on the map, so how hard could it possibly be to have the map show the QC when it is working? By the time they get the map right the QCs will be broken again. :roll:

nogajim said:
.... And two weeks later, still no sign of a single QC in TN. The L2 chargers sitting next to them show up on the map, so how hard could it possibly be to have the map show the QC when it is working? By the time they get the map right the QCs will be broken again. :roll:

Quite possibly. The good news is that I used a QC in Murfressboro Friday and it worked!! One of the two ports was down, but I got what I needed.

I checked out the new solar assisted Blinks downtown Nashville. All 8 of them!! 2 were out of service. I emailed Blink and they asked me for more specific info. I gave what I had, but did not know who owned the parking lot. They were unable to opena ticket because the physical address does not come up in their database. I even sent them a photo of the batman building in the background.

Their web services / database are the weak link in the chain at Blink, they do OK otherwise in my book.

nogajim said:
rslatkin said:

Well - you could always use the 'plugshare dot com' web site, and put in a 'I-was-there' note - write whether or not it was running. If folks do that, it'd serve subsequent users as a way to know the likelyhood of availability, at least until Blink gets their act together (if ever).

kg4bec said:
Eleafgrrl said:

<snipped conversation with JPWhite>

I hope all is well, and you have your car back already, Jill! I hate to hear you had another problem with it. Please keep us updated.

Cheers, Bert
Thanks, Bert!
Sorry, I flaked on posting an update. Yes, I finally got the leaf back and supposedly, it was the brake actuator (again). I am still trying to figure out how the brake actuator would cause the car to totally shut down on the road, refuse a charge and then totally die and have the "EV system" light come on, but it seems to be running fine now...

Back