Randy
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191

Re: San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:37 pm

Mossy Nissan, 1170 W. Main St, El Cajon

The Mossy dealership in El Cajon has a few Aerovironment charging stations, and in particular, the two free units pictured around the corner on Magnolia from the main store driveway. These units are available 7/24 and are near the service department. There are additional units available on the lot when the dealership is open. If you're out in East County and looking for a charge, don't overlook the Nissan dealership....

saintyohann
Delivery Date: 14 Sep 2011

Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:16 pm

Went by the Vons in La Mesa today and all four Blink units were in and the wiring was being finished. The contractor stated that the only thing left was for SDGE to run their cable to the panel.

Randy

Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Yes, it won't be long...Lots of loose ends coming together...Other sites about to kick off, exciting times....

gmuzhik
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Does anyone know if Mira Costa College is planning charging stations? I would like to take classes there but round trip from Point Loma might be out of range.
San Diego, CA

Randy

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 pm

I haven't heard anything...Let me check.....

DaveEV

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm

gmuzhik wrote:Does anyone know if Mira Costa College is planning charging stations? I would like to take classes there but round trip from Point Loma might be out of range.
Yeah, 80 miles round trip is pushing it to the limit with most of it on the freeway. Mossy Nissan Oceanside is less than a mile from Mira Costa, but I suspect that they wouldn't take well to you using it too regularly, but they do have good reviews on PlugShare.

If you avoid the highway you can get up to 5 mi/kWh which should make the trip possible if your battery is in good health, but will add 30+ minutes each way. You'd be better off stopping somewhere for an hour of L2 and going as slow as possible on the freeway... Of course, L2 at the College would be ideal!

gmuzhik
Delivery Date: 20 Jun 2011

Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks Randy for checking. Hopefully, they will follow the leads of SDSU and Mesa College.

drees: Good point about using the Nissan dealer at Oceanside. Might be OK occasionally but not for a regular class schedule. I wonder if I could plug in L1 somewhere at the college. I would have to get permission from someone, though. I could possibly spend an hour or two at the Oceanside transit center, studying, assuming they are not all ICEed. Any way you look at it, unless there is a L2 at the college, my trip up there will take a few hours longer than an ICE.
San Diego, CA

TonyWilliams

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:22 am

The Proposed Blink DC charger for Santa Ysabel had some physical activity; a line painted from the transformer to the location of the charger.

Randy

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:26 am

Yup, starting soon. Thye're going to bore the hole for the conduit under the pavement instead of trenching...

DaveEV

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:43 am

Randy wrote:Yup, starting soon. Thye're going to bore the hole for the conduit under the pavement instead of trenching...
Cox installed cable in the area where I work not long ago - assuming they do something similar, 2'x2' (or so) holes are cut into the pavement every 40' or so and the "boring machine" will drill and feed conduit from point to point. These guys would install about 1/2 block to a block of conduit a day.

Were is the final location of the DCQC and L2 stations going to be? Are they going to be at the parking spots near the street? If so, that's a good length conduit run - appears to be 150'+ looking at Google Maps. http://goo.gl/maps/hVKx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Pacific USA”