Stuff that smells (or doesn't according to your perspective)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OrientExpress said:
TonyWilliams said:
I don't think the cause is helped by looking the other way when Nissan's statements don't pass the sniff test.
Volusiano said:
Very well said, Nubo!

Two thumbs way up!!!

Nothing smells right when you don't have a sense of smell.
Only people who appear to be in Nissan's pocket don't have the sense of smell because they're too close to the stench.

OrientExpress said:
TonyWilliams said:
I don't think the cause is helped by looking the other way when Nissan's statements don't pass the sniff test.
Volusiano said:
Very well said, Nubo!

Two thumbs way up!!!

Well if I end up being wrong I will happily recant. How about you?

OrientExpress said:
LEAFfan said:
Volusiano said:
Only people who appear to be in Nissan's pocket don't have the sense of smell because they're too close to the stench.

+1!

OrientExpress said:
One of the sure signs of dementia is paranoia and being convinced that everything smells bad.

You'd have to be blind not to see how bad it smells.

mwalsh said:
Now then. Is this kind of dialog constructive in any way? :?
Nope. I'm ideologically opposed to censorship or blocking, and will only use "Ignore" when none of a poster's posts contain any useful information or advance the discussion. To date, there's only been one poster who's even approached my limits on MNL, and so far they haven't posted frequently enough to be more than a minor irritant that can be easily skipped over - I just don't bother to reply. But I've got to say that they're getting close.

Volusiano said:
Very well said, Nubo!

+1! (Mod put it in the wrong post.)

OrientExpress said:
Volusiano's said:
One of the sure signs of dementia is paranoia and being convinced that everything smells bad.

Not sure if this method is going to gather you converts to your viewpoint. I'm not sure if you're just a robotic cheerleader for Nissan, or if you don't think ANY car that has +30% less performance is a problem.

Clearly, you are the minority.

surfingslovak said:
Dave, thanks for moving this to OT. Could we also lock the thread?
Locking the thread is the very least that should be done. While I am not generally in favor of censorship, this thread is just an ad hominem attack with resulting responses.

TonyWilliams said:
OrientExpress said:
LEAFfan said:

Not sure if this method is going to gather you converts to your viewpoint. I'm not sure if you're just a robotic cheerleader for Nissan, or if you don't think ANY car that has +30% less performance is a problem.

Clearly, you are the minority.

Tony, that's Volusiano's quote, not mine. I'm the "+1!"

surfingslovak said:
No problem. But in my experience, locking threads just causes these heated topics to pop-up somewhere else. Consider this a cooling off area. If you don't like like where the discussion is headed, I suggest unsubscribing from the topic.

LEAFfan said:
I apologize for messing up the quoting - when I moved the posts here the forum software mangled a bunch of the quotes and I had to go back and manually fix them and got yours wrong.

drees said:
surfingslovak said:
No problem. But in my experience, locking threads just causes these heated topics to pop-up somewhere else. Consider this a cooling off area. If you don't like like where the discussion is headed, I suggest unsubscribing from the topic.

LEAFfan said:
I apologize for messing up the quoting - when I moved the posts here the forum software mangled a bunch of the quotes and I had to go back and manually fix them and got yours wrong.

If nobody responds then he is essentially talking to himself. :lol: Crazy.

WRONG NAMES:
OrientExpress said:
LEAFfan said:
Volusiano said:

+1!
LEAFfan, I think you had the names mixed up in your post #6 in the first place (see above, which has the wrong names), and Tony simply quoted it and you caught Tony's quote which showed the error.

The actual names for your post #6 should be the following:

CORRECT NAMES:
LEAFfan said:
Volusiano said:
OritenExpress said:

+1!

As the author of the original post which seems to be at the root of this exchange, I find this particular sub-thread rather pointless, as it doesn't include the original statement. It's just a rather free-floating argument. Or actually, I think Michael Palin would probably contend that it isn't an argument at all. An argument is a series of statements intended to support a proposition......

That's it! Time's up. Good morning. :lol:

Nubo said:
As the author of the original post which seems to be at the root of this exchange, I find this particular sub-thread rather pointless, as it doesn't include the original statement. It's just a rather free-floating argument. Or actually, I think Michael Palin would probably contend that it isn't an argument at all. An argument is a series of statements intended to support a proposition......

That's it! Time's up. Good morning. :lol:
That was never five minutes just now!

I'm afraid it was.

No it wasn't?!

Back