September 2nd - Ordering now open - Check your dashboards

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lettcco said:
cashu2 said:
I went through Fontana just like you, I offered Valencia Nissan the deal but the General Manager just wanted to keep calling me! I just wanted a straight forward yes or no answer without the negotiating which is why I'm sure he wanted to call me. Fontana is going to deliver it on a flat bed for free and I can sign the paper work at home, that coupled with the $1,000 off sealed the deal for me!

BTW I asked you what color you are getting in another post, then you replied to this one, weird. So what color are you getting, hopefully not white :)

Yeah I guess there were too many threads it's hard to keep track...but anyway, we thought about white, but my current car is already white, so I picked blue :)

That's what I was thinking (have a white car now) until I saw the Glacier Pearl. It isn't white at all, but a light cream color with a silvery look at times. Maybe those flecks in the paint give it that silvery color in the shade.

garygid said:
If anybody has actually seen the blue, does it have "metalic flecks" also?

I don't remember flecks in the tour Leaf.

leaf005.jpg

Yes, quite similar to the "pearl-white" of my 2010 Prius but a bit less "white". A similar "peral" or "metalic flake" treatment.

I was told that the "pearl" is "harder" (more expensive) to match when re-painting a SMALL area (1 inch diameter), requiring feathering the paint in over a rather LARGE area (perhaps a 4 foot radius).

But, I was hoping for a "striking" metalic light blue, not a simple glossy blue.

Jimmydreams said:
garygid said:
But, I was hoping for a "striking" metalic light blue, not a simple glossy blue.

Me, too!!

I'm holding out hope that they change the production color to add some pizazz to the blue. ;)

If you live in a really hot climate like here, I get the feeling the blue is going to fade like crazy in our intense sun.

Back