LEAF needs new cruise control algorithm - Like Volvo trucks

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KeiJidosha said:
I think the point is to have the option to do either. On uncrowded hilly roads, an ECO mode allowing the speed some latitude gives better economy. In other situations a normal mode can hold speed more closely, at the cost of efficiency. That allows prioritizing on traffic or efficiency as conditions dictate. Why not have both?
\

There you go! We can have TWO modes of cruise control. One could be labeled "cruise control"; and the other could be labeled "cruise control-sort of". Let's put everything under the sun on this car, so everyone will be happy. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

derkraut said:
KeiJidosha said:
I think the point is to have the option to do either. On uncrowded hilly roads, an ECO mode allowing the speed some latitude gives better economy. In other situations a normal mode can hold speed more closely, at the cost of efficiency. That allows prioritizing on traffic or efficiency as conditions dictate. Why not have both?
\

There you go! We can have TWO modes of cruise control. One could be labeled "cruise control"; and the other could be labeled "cruise control-sort of". Let's put everything under the sun on this car, so everyone will be happy. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"Constant mode" and "Adaptive mode" sound a little more reasonable. :)

Nubo said:
derkraut said:
KeiJidosha said:
\

"Constant mode" and "Adaptive mode" sound a little more reasonable. :)

We already have this. That's why we have two of them in the car... oh wait you are talking about cruise control and not the clocks. :D

What the OP describes makes sense for a true enthusiast or somebody who is trying to tweak their mileage, but for most people they'd not be interested in it. It would be nice to have an option, but as with all such products at some point design has to remain within a certain level of complexity; too many options and buttons are overwhelming. This also explains likely other things that aren't an option like a 90% charge.

Back