SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for checking on all the charger availability Tom. As it turns out :( keeping my fingers crossed proved not to be enough because, checking on the Chademo just an hour ago, it seems to be "Out of Order" for the weekend at least. Oh well.

To update the tally for the BBQ is as follows:

Tom: bringing rice pilaf to share
Gary: killer chocolate cake, extra chairs
JP: fruit plate (?)
Robert: homemade brownies
Greg B: watermelon
Allen and Carol: humus, pita chips,side salad, teavana, fruit juices
Butch and Lynda: plates, utensils
Phil: lots of bottled water
Dori: hot dogs, condiments, potato chips, veggies to grill and I will have ice and cups for drinks.
And will also have coffee and tea bags on hand.
May attends....
Bob
Gregg
Brian
And several other people hope to come by sometime during our event.
Sorry the stars weren't aligned so that Mitch and Tony and others could have attended too :cry:

If you want to bring anything and anyone else, feel free! Also if you'd like to bring photos, printed or digital of events, meetings of the past 2 years, we can slide show them on the computers here at the office.

The weather was pretty warm at 10 am here at the office, and tomorrow's forcast is similar, so it
would probably be much more comfortable inside the office than at the park across the street.
If I've left anyone off this list please check in, looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

A very nice hang to celebrate the end of year two. Big thanks to Dori for hosting the party. The food and drinks were great and so were the people. Looking forward to another wonderful year.

JeremyW said:
I want to see pictures from the BBQ! Miss you guys! Hope to come down sometime within the next few months. :)

Jeremy

Jeremy, to protect innocent parties, no pictures were allowed. But I'm sure that you can imagine the scene in your mind's eye, experienced as you are with our group. :lol:

Hope to see you some time soon.

No, no, no Boomer jests, but actually Phil had to leave early and unfortunately missed being in the group shots (which I believe I need to upgrade my membership to be able to post) but here's a link I hope it works: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112374858926472813330/albums/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (I'm still in the learning stage on my Google photo management skills so please bear with me, you're welcome to look at any other photos on that page, I think they're garden photos and not anything incriminating :oops:

I had a great time and enjoyed it and I'm glad others did too! Thanks to everyone for bring such great food and drinks and conversation, and esp to Bob for doing the heavy cooking! Looking forward to the next meeting! Dori

Ditto on sentiments towards Dori for being a wonderful hostess for our BBQ gathering on Saturday. We had a great time. Big thanks for the great food that was shared, and the company. Looking forward to the next BBQ/Potluck. :p

Gather this Saturday for breakfast at Hometown Buffet on 17th
Street in Santa Ana, just 2 blocks East of I-5.

We have at least two Gatherings most months so that when you
cannot make it to one, you have a chance to make it to another.

LeafyD said:
No, no, no Boomer jests, but actually Phil had to leave early and unfortunately missed being in the group shots (which I believe I need to upgrade my membership to be able to post) but here's a link I hope it works: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/112374858926472813330/albums/posts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (I'm still in the learning stage on my Google photo management skills so please bear with me, you're welcome to look at any other photos on that page, I think they're garden photos and not anything incriminating :oops:

I had a great time and enjoyed it and I'm glad others did too! Thanks to everyone for bring such great food and drinks and conversation, and esp to Bob for doing the heavy cooking! Looking forward to the next meeting! Dori

Great pix, Dori, sorry I had to leave early. Thanks for a great time, Dori and everyone for being such a great group!

Jeremy, maybe we can double down to SoCal (or caravan) for a future meeting. It's probably 2-3 days from the Bay Area (with no DCQC along the way, but isn't that what XM or bluetooth connections are for?

Our Second Year of Gatherigs has come to an end.
Thaks to all who have given their time to help us,
and to the many who join us for our Gatherings.

About 48 gatherings in all, I suspect.

The third year begins ... now.
Please use our 3rd year thread, since this one is a bit long:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9695" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back