What do SL & SV stand for?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsleaf

Does anyone know what the SL and SV versions stand for? I've un-officially called them the Super-Leaf and Standard-Version, but I'm wondering what they actually stand for.

gsleaf said:
Does anyone know what the SL and SV versions stand for? I've un-officially called them the Super-Leaf and Standard-Version, but I'm wondering what they actually stand for.

I don't think they stand for anything. They're just trim level names, just like LEAF is the model name.

Nissan dropped the SE and LE trim names for SV and SL for the Frontier in 2010. So they seem to be going for some consistency across lines.

I personally think of the V as Value and the L as Luxury.

Oh, what agreat trivia thread!

And XL, XLT, TT, CE, CR, GT (we know that one), SE, SL, SLT, and on and on.
There must be a jillion that start with X. Anyone? :lol:

if we go back far enough and look at enough different brands, i am sure we can find about 80% of all possible 2 letter combos out there

gsleaf said:
The "S" is for Series.
The "V" is for Value.
The "L" is for Luxury.

LEAF is for Leading Environmentally friendly Affordable Family car

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/nissan-delivers-first-leaf-in-san-francisco-2160208.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Leaf - short for Leading Environmentally-friendly Affordable Family car - has enjoyed a crescendo of industry buzz and last month became the first electric vehicle to win European Car of the Year.

A lot of people assume that the "L" in SL stands for Leather, since on most other Nissans, the SL is the one that gives you leather seats. When I was getting a new tire at Costco, I had to specify the trim to the employee as he typed it into the computer, and he asked me how I liked the leather seats. I just looked at him for a minute, and then politely explained that the car doesn't have leather (yet has heated seats! That one blows everyone's minds...)

Nekota said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/nissan-delivers-first-leaf-in-san-francisco-2160208.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Leaf - short for Leading Environmentally-friendly Affordable Family car - has enjoyed a crescendo of industry buzz and last month became the first electric vehicle to win European Car of the Year.
Technically, LEAF is a backronym. They came up with the name first, then came up with something clever for English-speaking markets.

TomT said:
And is easily the worst vehicle acronym ever!!!

Nekota said:
+1.

I try to remember that just in case I am asked, but my brain just refuses to store that mangled bunch of words.

gsleaf said:
Thanks for all the input. I'm sticking with SL as being Super-Leaf. :D
Well, just so you don't buy L= Luxury.
I like my LEAF very much, but it is a few shades below luxury. :lol:

Nekota said:

Hmm. Maybe I'll buy a chrome F and C, and change the lettering on the back to read LEFAFC.

Back