Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I QC'd today really only because it was fast and free. If it wasn't free (or fast) I wouldn't have done it. Call me a cheapskate trying to lower off-peak utility bill. lol.

Anyway, I really didn't feel like wandering around Bell Ford, but it's too hot to be outside. First I tried to charge while leaving the car on. Didn't like that. So I started the charge, and then from my phone, I started the HVAC and sure enough it fast charged and kept the A/C on. Didn't think it would do that. So I got to rest in comfort while my car charged.

turbo2ltr said:
So I QC'd today really only because it was fast and free. If it wasn't free (or fast) I wouldn't have done it. Call me a cheapskate trying to lower off-peak utility bill. lol.

Anyway, I really didn't feel like wandering around Bell Ford, but it's too hot to be outside. First I tried to charge while leaving the car on. Didn't like that. So I started the charge, and then from my phone, I started the HVAC and sure enough it fast charged and kept the A/C on. Didn't think it would do that. So I got to rest in comfort while my car charged.

You didn't have to use your app. After it starts charging, just push your power button twice (no brake), then turn on the HVAC.

Yup I tried that it work.

Sad new I left my car at Chandler Power Nissan on Saturday.

I will be looking at the new cars coming.

And Leaffan your mistaken about Ford not coming to AZ. Sanderson Ford is getting cars in Sept.

I like the Focus but the price is much higher then the Leaf but it has the active cooling so who know what that cost will add to the leaf price in 2013.

Ford does not have a QC port and I feel an electric car should have that just in case it is needed. The 2013 does not have it but maybe the 2014 will.

I think I learned my lesson about buy a car like this first year. I think 2014 MY will be good the leaf will be new and ford hopefully will have a car built from the ground up as EV.

Gonewild said:
And Leaffan your mistaken about Ford not coming to AZ. Sanderson Ford is getting cars in Sept.

Even though most people wouldn't buy a FFEV (more expensive, no QC port, less range), I guarantee you that Sanderson will not have one in Sept. How many times have we heard of certain arrival dates? They'll be lucky if it is late fall. Even the latest news on them says late fall for the other states.

Gonewild said:

You terminated your lease? Congratulations! Did it cost you much? I know how you feel - sad, but relieving. I think we all love the idea of this car, but the 2011 LEAF was just not suitable for the desert heat.

Oh and RE: FFE - some gal is posting on Recargo at the charging stations locally with her new FFE. She must have shipped it from CA. I like that car, but tiny trunk and as LEAFfan said, no QC - might be best to wait for the next gen. It you need something now, you can get a crazy low lease price on a Volt.

Gonewild said:
I like the Focus but the price is much higher then the Leaf but it has the active cooling so who know what that cost will add to the leaf price in 2013.

Ford does not have a QC port and I feel an electric car should have that just in case it is needed. The 2013 does not have it but maybe the 2014 will.
I find it unlikely that Ford would put on a CHAdeMO port. Since (IIRC), they're one of the backers of Frankenplug, they'd probably do that first. Ah, how many Frankenplug QC stations are there? On the note of the FFE, you'd probably be annoyed by the article I cited at http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6641&p=220917&hilit=focus#p220917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

He complains about the lease price of the FFE, yet he could've gotten a Leaf for less and says "The Nissan Leaf’s space-age design didn’t do it for me and the car takes twice as long to charge as the Focus." :roll: So, in the end, he buys an ICEV, not even a hybrid. :roll:

shrink said:
Gonewild said:

You terminated your lease? Congratulations! Did it cost you much? I know how you feel - sad, but relieving. I think we all love the idea of this car, but the 2011 LEAF was just not suitable for the desert heat.

Oh and RE: FFE - some gal is posting on Recargo at the charging stations locally with her new FFE. She must have shipped it from CA. I like that car, but tiny trunk and as LEAFfan said, no QC - might be best to wait for the next gen. It you need something now, you can get a crazy low lease price on a Volt.
As I said before it cost me $429.75 which is just a little more the what I would have paid for August monthly payment which I did not pay this month.

Gonewild said:
shrink said:
As I said before it cost me $429.75 which is just a little more the what I would have paid for August monthly payment which I did not pay this month.

Oh that's right. I'm getting confused with all these different threads. Congrats and condolences all at the same time. I hope I don't have to go that same route with the leased 2012.

Keep us posted if you end up getting an FFE. I considered trying to ship one in from CA during our 2011 LEAF dilemma, but prices were all at MSRP and with no lease deals.

I got a call from NMAC today they received my check and the deal is done.

I will wait until the Ford Focus get a QC or leaf in 2014 as it is only 1 year away to see if the price drops because of the glut of battery's and the active cooling needed.

As well as to see if the Ford Focus gets built from the ground up as an EV or not.

I do love the radio in the Ford better then the Nissan Leaf voice commands.

shrink said:
Gonewild said:
shrink said:

Oh that's right. I'm getting confused with all these different threads. Congrats and condolences all at the same time. I hope I don't have to go that same route with the leased 2012.

Keep us posted if you end up getting an FFE. I considered trying to ship one in from CA during our 2011 LEAF dilemma, but prices were all at MSRP and with no lease deals.

I am so tempted to terminate my lease too - the Volt deal looks soooo good. My range is fine for weekdays (as long as I don't need to run many errands), but the weekends are going to be tough. Looks like we'll be back using the ICE-mobile pretty soon.

Does anybody know if there is a quick way to find free public charging locations in the Phoenix area? I have Plugshare on my phone, which is how I found the Blink station at the Mesa Convention Center last week. However, plugshare does not make a distinction between free and fee based chargers, so I had to pay for the charge. I usually don't use public chargers, but I had to take my mom to the airport, and I thought I would just pop it on a charger for about 30 minutes, just to be extra sure I had enough juice to get home. I know that the quick charger on the 101 and Elliot is free (I used it about a week ago), but that was very much out of my way. I was planning on using the quick charger at Riverview, but it was too early and the gates were locked. Does anybody know if ALL Blink 240V units are now fee based? I'm not complaining or anything, but I would rather charge for free or at home than have to pay. $1.50 for one hour just isn't worth my while unless I have no other choice.

I think you can safely assume that all Blink public L2 stations are not free anymore. Only the L3 stations are still free for now, but probably won't be free for much longer either.

skippycoyote said:
Gonewild said:
I think blinks are free if your in the EV Project until 12/31/2012
I'm afraid not. I am in the EV Project, and I still had to pay to charge at the one at the Mesa Convention Center.

I think he means "free to acquire in your home as part of the EV Project". Not free to use at public charging stations.

Well, we were talking about knowing which public charging stations are free to charge. So I must assume that we're all talking about that and not whether it's free to acquire in your home garage or not.

I'm on the EV project, got a free station for my garage, and still have had to pay recently for a Blink L2 station at ASU.

Volusiano said:
Well, we were talking about knowing which public charging stations are free to charge. So I must assume that we're all talking about that and not whether it's free to acquire in your home garage or not.

I'm on the EV project, got a free station for my garage, and still have had to pay recently for a Blink L2 station at ASU.
I am talking about public and I only used L3 at Bell Ford.

skippycoyote said:
Does anybody know if there is a quick way to find free public charging locations in the Phoenix area? I have Plugshare on my phone, which is how I found the Blink station at the Mesa Convention Center last week. However, plugshare does not make a distinction between free and fee based chargers, so I had to pay for the charge. I usually don't use public chargers, but I had to take my mom to the airport, and I thought I would just pop it on a charger for about 30 minutes, just to be extra sure I had enough juice to get home. I know that the quick charger on the 101 and Elliot is free (I used it about a week ago), but that was very much out of my way. I was planning on using the quick charger at Riverview, but it was too early and the gates were locked. Does anybody know if ALL Blink 240V units are now fee based? I'm not complaining or anything, but I would rather charge for free or at home than have to pay. $1.50 for one hour just isn't worth my while unless I have no other choice.
If you think $1.50 is high, then don't EVEN venture over to So Cal's 'Irvine Spectrum'. Nissan has headquarters there, and (not only do they NOT have a QC there) just to use L2 costs SIX BUCKS per hour!
:lol:
Now THAT's how you embarass your self as a company (shaking head)

Anyone have any ecopia tires for sale? My front ones are completely bald so I knew I'd be buying two tires...then yesterday I found a screw in one of the perfectly good rear tires..figures. You know I've NEVER gotten a screw in worn tires....and I've driven around on worn tires a lot in my lifetime.. it's always the tires with the deep tread.

Walmart stocked the EP422 tires for $108 each and $10 road hazard. Got two of them. They wouldn't patch the screw hole so I plugged it myself.

Back