Zero:Net - The UK's open Charging Network

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TimeHorse said:
Spoke with Europcar on Monday and yes, I can rent a LEAF for 2 weeks for about 400 quid but should get VAT (20%) refund as I'm not a citizen.
You might want to look at an Ampera (Volt) from ZipCar in the UK.... IMO driving long distances in a Leaf will not be easy unless you have lots and lots of time :)

KevinSharpe said:
TimeHorse said:
Spoke with Europcar on Monday and yes, I can rent a LEAF for 2 weeks for about 400 quid but should get VAT (20%) refund as I'm not a citizen.
You might want to look at an Ampera (Volt) from ZipCar in the UK.... IMO driving long distances in a Leaf will not be easy unless you have lots and lots of time :)

I am considering an Ampera especially if most of the hotels aren't plug-friendly as I would expect not. Thanks for the hint on ZipCar as I wasn't aware there was a rental place renting Amperas and I really should try driving a "Volt" after all these months on my LEAF. :)

TimeHorse said:
I am considering an Ampera especially if most of the hotels aren't plug-friendly as I would expect not.
Every Zero:Net site will welcome you but most locations are intended for 3+ hour stops and therefore don't offer Leaf fast charging (they do have 32A charging for cars that can use it).

DC Fast Charge does exist but I'm not sure I would rely on it today :(

KevinSharpe said:
TimeHorse said:
I am considering an Ampera especially if most of the hotels aren't plug-friendly as I would expect not.
Every Zero:Net site will welcome you but most locations are intended for 3+ hour stops and therefore don't offer Leaf fast charging (they do have 32A charging for cars that can use it).

DC Fast Charge does exist but I'm not sure I would rely on it today :(

I'm feeling more and more comfortable with the idea of the Ampera now that I know ZipCars offers it. I do like the list of hotels on Zero:Net and am considering trying to book some of them for my trip, especially in the Cotswolds. Certainly in that hilly country YMMV really has meaning. And although overnight charging is nice the interurban travel is the tricky part with many many even official L3 stations on dealer lots that say for customers only. Personally, if they want me to buy a tee-shirt or number plate frame or something that's fair trade as customer, but if they expect only new serious car customers to be legitimate that's effectively no-one because who would need a QC if they were trying to buy a new car? Likely if they're buying a new car it's because they're trading the LEAF in for a fancy-smancy 2013, UK build LEAF so who cares if it's charged or not (because once you drive an EV, it's impossible to go back! :) )

Anyway, probably won't have time to attend any LEAF events in the UK while there as I'm only in GB for a couple weeks but I'll keep an eye out as I always like to say hi to my fellow EV enthusiasts. :) And Kevin, thanks for being such a great member of the British LEAF community!

Kevin,

I respectfully request your permission to use your tag line for our fledging charging infrastructure endevour, Quick Charge Power.

Tony Williams
Founder
Quick Charge Power
P.O. Box 500791
San Diego, CA 92150
1-858-245-8217
TonyWilliams -at- QuickChargePower -dot- com
Twitter: QCpower

"Stop Talking - Start Doing - No Excuse" ????

I was considering "Power to the People" or "First in California"

TonyWilliams said:
I respectfully request your permission to use your tag line for our fledging charging infrastructure endevour, Quick Charge Power.
Hi Tony, It's a ZCW trade mark so we will need to understand your project and how they allign with ZCW's goals... can you email [email protected] and the marketing team will pick up your request.

Glad you like the project :)

100% Renewable Energy Company, Good Energy - Drive Like The Wind

"If just 10% of UK drivers switched to electric cars and Good Energy’s 100% renewable electricity the country’s carbon emissions would be cut by almost 7 million tonnes per year!”

Oh, I so hope I can drive a LEAF in the UK next year. Anyone else wishing the A9 in Scotland could be upgraded to a proper motorway between Perth and Inverness? Then sprinkle a few mythical L3 Quick Chargers along the route so that you can take your LEAF from Edinburgh to Loch Ness!

Mmmm, salted porridge.

Switching to Good Energy's 100% renewable electricity will not only get you £25 off your first bill but also net ZCW a £25 donation towards Zero:Net's expansion. Our goal is to increase the percentage of Zero:Net sites using renewable energy from todays' 25% to 100% allowing anyone to travel around the UK on sun, wind. wave, etc :D

For details visit http://www.goodenergy.co.uk/affiliates/zero-carbon-world" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or call 0845 456 1640 and quote GE2053

I know we yanks like to keep our holidays to ourselves but how about you lot do something small for an International Plug-In Day on Sunday? :)

Back