SoCal Branch Year 3 LEAF-Gatherings - See Year 4

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Saturday other than 10/20 is fine. Please decide soon so I can coordinate with another activity. Thanks.

garygid said:
To avoid the Columbus Day weekend, perhaps we should choose
Oct 13th in Cerritos and the 27th in Santa Ana?

Coments?

Looks like no interest in meeting this coming Saturday for lunch
before the Nissan Innovation Event in Cerritos.

Several of us intend to attend the Plug-in Day event on Sunday
from 1 to 3 PM at the Mitsubishi Headquarters in Cypress.

garygid said:
Looks like no interest in meeting this coming Saturday for lunch
before the Nissan Innovation Event in Cerritos.

Several of us intend to attend the Plug-in Day event on Sunday
from 1 to 3 PM at the Mitsubishi Headquarters in Cypress.

Yes, Plug-In Day is Sunday, Sept 23. See you all there, I hope.

As indicated in the posts above, the National Plug In Day event on Sunday Sept 23rd has been moved to the Cypress Mitsubishi headquarters, website link here: http://events.pluginday.org/p/salsa/event/common/public/index.sjs?event_KEY=68003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I enjoyed the EV camaraderie at the inaugural event last year even though I didn't know any other EV owners at that time, and I'm sure with the greater number of EVs now on the road and the many new models available, there will be even greater representation and turnout. Let's continue the tradition of Leafs being the largest ev contingent represented, see you all there! (There was talk of a caravan/procession planned to Seal Beach for a diinner gathering afterwards and although it's not on the website it is mentioned in the forum event thread here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9967" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; hopefully, there will be more clarification by the date for those interested.)

garygid said:
It looks like I am going to order a couple of J1772 changing cables with the ITT
connector from Leviton, about $126 (plus about $10 tax).
About 25 feet, not coiled, 30A cord, apparently the RU listed connector.

Does anybody want me to include them in this order?

Looks good for anyone thinking of building an Open EVSE.
Reply soon, please.
How close are you to having the parts list for the rest of the Open EVSE ? Are you using any of Chris's technology ?
I really would like 40A to handle the 10 kW Tesla charger built into the RAV EV. Is a 40A J1772 available ?
If not, I could just cut the J1772 cord to 5 ft and the extra ohmic loss would be minimal.

I test drove a regular RAV4 today and it meets my minimum requirements for ease of ingress/exit.

Can you bring some pictures?
Maybe include one of the "Red Button" that you have not yet tested?
It will be good to see you.
If you will stay near me, I can pick you up as usual.
Cheers, Gary

104 °F here the last two days, substantially warmer than usual.

Our next Gathering will be next Saturday, breakfast at the HTB
on 17th in Santa Ana.

Possibly Tom might be able to join us.

The Plug in Day is September 23, Sunday.

I plan to attend the event at Mitsubishi Headquarters in Cypress,
1 to 3 PM, where there is a Quick Charge Chademo machine.

If your LEAF has the QC port, and you have never tested it,
come by and try a 5-minute charge. You'll like it!

Most folks (except GM) get a REAL charge out of it.

I think I will deign to lend my presence to this gathering.

However, Plug-in day will not be on my agenda as I am required to be at the Lighthouse Cafe from 11am to 3pm http://thelighthousecafe.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. It is only a mere 5 miles from the Los Angeles event. You have my permission to attend if you so desire.

I saw Endeavour/747 piggyback swoop low over Jet Propulsion Lab today, along with perhaps 2k other folks. I got some cool photos.

I am planning on attending Plug-in Day at Cerritos on Sunday. I understand there will be an optional informal "procession," not a parade, down to Seal Beach for an early dinner. Would any of you folks be up for that ?

I am thinking Saturday breakfast tomorrow might be one too many trips.

I may participate in the post-Plug In Day "procession", but can't stay for dinner due to a family dinner plan. Hope to see you all at one or the other event this weekend.

Back