SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 - 1 => 7 attending

My friend Gregg needs to "not eat" this coming weekend,
so it is unlikely that he will be coming with me.

Yes, you can only IMAGINE why he can't eat for 2.5 days! (chuckle)

So, ... do I hear "8" :)

Ditto for me. It was great putting some names and faces to the online handles. Thanks to Gary for organizing, but especially for entertaining my kiddos. Until next time ....

Enjoy

P.s. Looking forward to our 'lil '1-minute' test drive in Anaheim on 10/9. ;)

Nice to meet you all today and I look forward to future meet ups. Thanks to Gary for organizing it. For Mike...and all of us who have challenges remembering names...
Gary, Mitch, Phil, Tom, Omkar, Kathleen, Mike, Mallory, Jeanne clockwise around the table! Leafers one and all...

See some of you Oct. 2 at Santa Monica. I have 9 am test drive.

Thanks to all for making this Saturday Morning effort to join us.

We had fun, and the (small) "surprise" was a 14-inch long scale model of
the Aptera MK1 vehicle, possibly the only solid-wood MK1 model in the world.

Trying not to reveal too much:

Gary ... oh, yes, I remember now, ... that is me, an "old" EE and programmer.
Mitch I had met somewhere before from Prius/Aptera days.
Phil (boomer), a retired medical lab technologist and administrator, ordered from Connell.
Tom, is retired Aerospace, but wants an EV before ... whatever comes next.
Omkar works in the IT trade.
Kathleen is in the Nurse/Medical area and is still wondering if she is too tall for the LEAF.
Mike also works in the IT trade.
Mallory is a proof-reader, wondering how she will LEAF-charge at an apartment.
Jeanne ordered from "points North", and brought her son Taylor and ??? her little princess "gymnast" daughter ... quite precious.

Everyone was "charged" with enthusiasm, ... and a few had some concerns.
A first step beyond a forum, ... toward a LEAF-family of new friends. :)

Thank you all again, I consider "SoCal Gathering #1" a great success.

Gary, thanks for organizing the meet-up. It was great fun to meet everyone. A really nice group of folks. I think we all had things to share and to help others to figure out. Jeannie's kids were delightful and Gary has a real knack with them.

Slight correction, I ordered from Connell, as did Omkar and Mike. I'm a retired medical lab technologist and administrator.

Looking forward to doing it again, either before or after we get our Leafs.

Evnow is right, we should have taken a group picture. To be rectified at next meet-up.

Cheers to everyone.

Great job putting it together Gary! And it was nice to meet everyone. I'm signed up in Anaheim for the test drive on 10/8 so hopefully I'll see some of you there.

I am thinking of a "Gathering #2" in about a month, perhaps 16 Oct, the Saturday morning of the weekend after the Anaheim test-driving, so we can discuss our early- and mid-October Driving Experiences.

Does that time work for anybody?

Suggestions for location?

Did you think Hometown Buffet worked out OK?
(the driving access, the price, the food)

Any thoughts?

Oct. 16 sounds good to me. If the majority of people who come continue to be from down in OC, I have no problem having the meeting there. It is a bit of a drive for me but worth it to have the chance to talk in person. I liked the HTB. Easy, simple and food was OK. I like the breakfast meeting time so early time was good for me. Thanks for organizing!

Back