NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an FYI -

For all that want to do something in exciting in September -

We are planning the Nastional Plug in day for Nashville area.

The web page / url is http://www.pluginday.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will try to keep you up 2 date - on my Facebook and on my Blog too - I will try...

Ralph

ralphmc said:
Just an FYI -

The web page / url is http://www.pluginday.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will try to keep you up 2 date - on my Facebook and on my Blog too - I will try...

Ralph
Are you getting support from Nissan for this? They are working on a support effort in some of their major North American markets. If you haven't had any contact with them yet, let me know and I'll make some inquiries.

ralphmc said:
Just an FYI -

Ralph

Alas I won't be able to attend this year. My Son is getting married that day so I will be 'otherwise engaged'. You guys have a great time.

Still here, just not as many posts coming in.

I see more and more LEAFs everyday. :mrgreen:

JPWhite said:
gascant said:
gascant said:
So, JPWhite, how did the race go? I'll also be in one of the last corrals (assuming my training program is successful), but looking forward to it nevertheless. What was Nissan like there? Did they have a booth at the Expo? What car was the pace car?
OK, I did a little digging and found (on the Nissan LEAF FB page) that they did have a black LEAF as the pace car! Kudos to Nissan for making the right choice!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151003336567796&set=a.10150129438332796.335311.141137487795&type=1&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well spotted! Glad they did the right thing!

The first 12 miles of the race went very well for me, until I cramped up that is :) I did finish but didn't get a personal best, I was on pace to beat 2 1/2 hours but ended up taking just over 3. Maybe I'll do better next year.

Rock n Roll San Jose Half Marathon was this past weekend. A great day (sunny and cool) except that the pace car wasn't a LEAF. But the police had electric motorcycles, which at least was something. I beat my target time of 2:15, coming in at 2:14:50. Throttled myself through mile 8, then started to open it up. Sixteen weeks of training led to a very satisfying experience. Hope to do another one in a few months. Will start working on Nissan to sponsor next year.

We just leased a Leaf off the lot from Nissan of Cool Springs on September 30. We had been a one-car family, since I walk to work & my wife has a home office, and that one car is a Prius. In other words, we didn't really need the Leaf, but got it as a technology experiment. We decided the lease terms were good enough ($210/month for the SL!) that we could afford to try it out.

I am slowly seeing more of them around Nashville. It is a bit like the early days in 2001 with our Prius, when owners flashed their lights at each other.

Anyone interested in a group drive some weekend out the Natchez Trace Parkway? We did one of the 10 years ago with a bunch of Priuses. It's really nice driving a perfectly quiet car out the Trace.

Just checked out the Cool Springs web site.

Do they really have 12 LEAFs on the lot or would these be cars that are in the dealership "Family"?

- update -

Just got off the phone with Patric Cox from the dealership. He said they sold 12 LEAFs last month, they do have probably 10 on the lot & he's working me up an offer :D

Thanks,
Philip

mendenmh said:
We just leased a Leaf off the lot from Nissan of Cool Springs on September 30. We had been a one-car family, since I walk to work & my wife has a home office, and that one car is a Prius. In other words, we didn't really need the Leaf, but got it as a technology experiment. We decided the lease terms were good enough ($210/month for the SL!) that we could afford to try it out.

I am slowly seeing more of them around Nashville. It is a bit like the early days in 2001 with our Prius, when owners flashed their lights at each other.

Anyone interested in a group drive some weekend out the Natchez Trace Parkway? We did one of the 10 years ago with a bunch of Priuses. It's really nice driving a perfectly quiet car out the Trace.

Another meetup would be great. If we are to do a run along the trace, some folks who come from further afield would need a boost prior to joining in. The Loveless cafe is the closest place to get a charge I believe.

CWO4Mann said:
OH oh, I heard on my police scanner that a "Black Nissan Leaf" was involved in an accident at the Costco parking lot. Hope all is OK!

Hopefully a parking lot accident doesn't do too much damage. Still a pain though.

How the LEAF going for you? I'm at 19,000 miles, should be at 20k by the 18 month mark at the end of January. Range reduction right now seems to be minimal.

Nissan have announced we should all get a retroactive 70% battery capacity warranty in addition to the regular warranty come the spring. The supplemental warranty will be good for 5 years/60,000 miles

JPWhite said:
CWO4Mann said:
OH oh, I heard on my police scanner that a "Black Nissan Leaf" was involved in an accident at the Costco parking lot. Hope all is OK!

Hopefully a parking lot accident doesn't do too much damage. Still a pain though.

How the LEAF going for you? I'm at 19,000 miles, should be at 20k by the 18 month mark at the end of January. Range reduction right now seems to be minimal.

Nissan have announced we should all get a retroactive 70% battery capacity warranty in addition to the regular warranty come the spring. The supplemental warranty will be good for 5 years/60,000 miles

My Leaf is doing well. I commute almost daily to our office about 35 miles round trip. Everything is working fine except that I burned a hole in the driver's seat with a cigarette. Ordered new seat covers and will install them this weekend. Pre-heating in the garage for 30 mins and driving warm to work. So far, not a single problem! I have 9600 miles on it now, going to take it in to Nissan CoolSprings when it hits 10K. No apparent range reduction for me .. I still drive always in the ECO position and plug in everynight when I park in the garage; usually see 110 miles as I start it up and then that falls to about 95 if I don't have any extra stuff turned on like heat, steering wheel, seats, etc. Getting about 60 miles running the heat, seat and steering wheel heater to and from work.

Have a happy New Year!

JPWhite said:
CWO4Mann said:

My Leaf is doing fine after 9800 miles. I did have a brake sensor go bad last month. Brakes acted sporatically & some warning lights came on & stayed on(BRAKE, ABS, VDC, etc.) It took the dealer a couple tries to locate the problem. All is fine now after sensor replacement. My batteries are OK. I charge to 80% since I rarely need more range. I occasionally use QC stations, which are finally working pretty well after a year of (on the BLINK) :lol: . Like Electric Warrior I know where the free public L2 stations are and support those vendors. From what I notice the public charging stations with a fee are collecting dust when they are not ICE'd.

Hi All,
Happy New Year!
Haven't been on here in forever! Hope all is well with everyone's Leafs.
We are moving to Thompsons (Thompson's?-still trying to figure what is correct...) Station at end of February. We sold our house in Greenbrier in 48 hours. Had charger removed at Greenbrier house by a rep from EV Project, they are "holding it" for us and will do re-install at new place when we move. We are depending on public charger at hub's work. Biggest challenge is getting it unplugged in a timely manner. Have somewhere between 14 and 15k miles on Leaf now with no problems. We are renting a house near downtown during our "real estate purgatory" period. Hubs is driving Leaf as DD and loving it. I am driving the...Titan (boo).

Eleafgrrl said:
Hi All,
Happy New Year!
Haven't been on here in forever! Hope all is well with everyone's Leafs.
We are moving to Thompsons (Thompson's?-still trying to figure what is correct...) Station at end of February. We sold our house in Greenbrier in 48 hours. Had charger removed at Greenbrier house by a rep from EV Project, they are "holding it" for us and will do re-install at new place when we move. We are depending on public charger at hub's work. Biggest challenge is getting it unplugged in a timely manner. Have somewhere between 14 and 15k miles on Leaf now with no problems. We are renting a house near downtown during our "real estate purgatory" period. Hubs is driving Leaf as DD and loving it. I am driving the...Titan (boo).

Hey Jill, Happy New year to you too!!

Good job that your husband has charging facilities at work :) As you say unplugging can be inconvenient. I'm sure Blink are loving you guys thanks to all the extra revenue. Did his workplace look into converting the unit to be a free unit? Not sure what the impact/costs are to do that. Several Blink units are free, like at Kohl's.

Hope the new home is all you want from it.

Belated happy new year to all the Nashville area LEAFers!

My LEAF is still going strong. No major issues to report, have only had a few "charge to 9" bars on 80% schedule. Only times this occurred were in the extreme summer heat or recently when it was ~20 F. Even with that, no performance issues. I still get the "I can't believe it's so quiet and smooth" from the guys that carpool or ride to lunch with me.

I hope everyone is doing well. I plan on attending the Nashville Earth Day on April 20th again in Centennial Park. Hope to see some others there!

TNleaf said:
Belated happy new year to all the Nashville area LEAFers!

My LEAF is still going strong. No major issues to report, have only had a few "charge to 9" bars on 80% schedule. Only times this occurred were in the extreme summer heat or recently when it was ~20 F. Even with that, no performance issues. I still get the "I can't believe it's so quiet and smooth" from the guys that carpool or ride to lunch with me.

I hope everyone is doing well. I plan on attending the Nashville Earth Day on April 20th again in Centennial Park. Hope to see some others there!

Good to hear from you again!!

All things being equal I plan to attend the Earth Day celebrations. I see they have 3 Blinks at Centennial Park. Plenty of places for more LEAF'ers to come on by and enjoy the day out sharing the EV experience. Gas should be pushing $4 a gallon by then :) We should be able to get an interested ear or three.

I haven't had 9 bar 80% charge since September, but I did get plenty in the summer.

Back