Tucson area Leafers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
rjzastaury said:
Have other Tucson LEAF owners lost capacity bars like the Phoenix owners are reporting? I lost one last month shortly after my one-year service.

Ron

Did you report your bar loss on the main capacity loss thread? I think you'd be the first Tucsonian on the list.

Maybe we just complain less than the average Phoenician...

I lost a bar 10 days ago with only 6,881 miles on my Leaf. It was reported. Nissan hotline called, they are looking into a possible buy back of my Leaf.

DesertDenizen said:
I lost a bar 10 days ago with only 6,881 miles on my Leaf. It was reported. Nissan hotline called, they are looking into a possible buy back of my Leaf.

Wow, possible buy back for losing your first bar? That sounds good but, fear a lot more will be in your boat already. Please let us know how they handle the buyback process. We don't need your exact numbers but, just give a sample of how it works out for anyone else already lost 1+ bar and they get a buyback offer.

I am still at 12 bars with 6,200 miles in Texas after 10 months since I bought Chili. She is purring like a cat and not showing any battery/range loss so far, thank God. My concern is when they do a buyback, does it leave you short of your payoff, lease balance or does it wipe the debt clear and you get any down payment money back except for the $7,500 government tax credit.

Thanks and good luck,

Ian B

As I wrote, they are just looking into the possibility of a buy back. I won't be surprised if they contact me and say they can't do it.
I didn't contact them, after I filed with BBB the Leaf hotline called me the next day and asked what I wanted. I said a conversion to a lease, they said they cannot do that. So I said if they buy it back I will then lease a new Leaf. That is when they said they will look into it.
I will be happy to post updates as things develop. That is what this forum is all about.

I was at 16 months, and 13K miles when I lost my bar.
I wasn't expecting a EOL in 4 years when I bought my LEAF.

Azrich said:
I've heard from Jason T near Vail. Other Tucson LEAF buyers, please introduce yourself. This is an area where we can discuss local LEAF events, dealerships, charging stations, solar energy, --- anything LEAF.

I've been in touch with Bookmans Bookstores and they plan at least one ChargePoint station at each store. They are already installed at the Grant and Ina stores in Tucson. They will be installing one at the Speedway store before fall.

Here's to many LEAFs cruising the streets of Tucson!!!

Hi -

I am picking up my leased Leaf tomorrow from Jim Click in Tucson. I live in Rio Rico, down by Nogales, but most of my round-trips are short for the Leaf and am retaining my ICEV for the longer trips. Would love to hear from any Tucsonians as to their experiences, EVSE recommendations, etc.

I live northwest and have had my Leaf for 14 months. Last month I lost my first capacity bar. :(
The Kolhs by me has four free Blink charging stations, most of the others now charge. It is my understanding that libraries should not charge, but the Marana library does. So I just use my Blink, which uses the power from my solar panels.

DesertDenizen said:
I live northwest and have had my Leaf for 14 months. Last month I lost my first capacity bar. :(
The Kolhs by me has four free Blink charging stations, most of the others now charge. It is my understanding that libraries should not charge, but the Marana library does. So I just use my Blink, which uses the power from my solar panels.

Thanks, I liked the story, I think it was yours, about trying to talk to them about changing over to a lease.

Any recommendations for EVSE?

I have some solar from the Solar Store, 1.6 kW, with 1.1 more being installed.

jlsoaz said:
DesertDenizen said:

Thanks, I liked the story, I think it was yours, about trying to talk to them about changing over to a lease.

The Solar Store did my system as well. I received a free Blink for being in the early group. They had to come out a couple of times early on to address some problems but it has been flawless for a year now.
Nissan said they could not convert a purchase to a lease but they are considering a buyback, and I would then lease a 2012. I should be hearing back from them soon, or perhaps they hope I just go away.

DesertDenizen said:
jlsoaz said:
DesertDenizen said:

The Solar Store did my system as well. I received a free Blink for being in the early group. They had to come out a couple of times early on to address some problems but it has been flawless for a year now.
Nissan said they could not convert a purchase to a lease but they are considering a buyback, and I would then lease a 2012. I should be hearing back from them soon, or perhaps they hope I just go away.

I ended up buying a higher amp clipper creek EVSE that I got for under $500 (although it doesn't seem to have some of the smart features, I am hoping there is a way to regulate from the car not charging past 80% SOC...?). I didn't do EVSEUPgrade because of the length of the extension cord strung into my laundry room, it wasn't going to work readily, though of course that gets into just setting up another outlet in the garage, and why not just do that. EVSEUPgrade did sound good, but I decided to go that other way.

Installation I still have to see about. There will be some extensive work to do in my garage I think, regardless of Clipper Creek or EVSEUpgrade or other choices.

jlsoaz said:
I am hoping there is a way to regulate from the car not charging past 80% SOC...?)
Sure there is. Just go into the Timer1 or Timer2 settings and there's an option to select either 80% or 100% in there.

Volusiano said:
jlsoaz said:
I am hoping there is a way to regulate from the car not charging past 80% SOC...?)
Sure there is. Just go into the Timer1 or Timer2 settings and there's an option to select either 80% or 100% in there.

Ok, good to get all this going quickly. I just also signed up with Blink network and got a temporary password so I can make it home to Rio Rico tonight without fear of going too low. I will go to the Sahuarita chargers, .... that's the plan anyway.

DesertDenizen said:
As I wrote, they are just looking into the possibility of a buy back. I won't be surprised if they contact me and say they can't do it.
I didn't contact them, after I filed with BBB the Leaf hotline called me the next day and asked what I wanted. I said a conversion to a lease, they said they cannot do that. So I said if they buy it back I will then lease a new Leaf. That is when they said they will look into it.
I will be happy to post updates as things develop. That is what this forum is all about.

Any word on your buy back?

ewodraska said:
DesertDenizen said:

Any word on your buy back?

Never heard back from them. I will push it harder when I lose a second bar.

In case anyone here is not aware. This location seems to be about ~30 miles NNW of Tucson on i-10 (exit 219?).

http://www.plugincars.com/arizona-based-goe3-unveil-southern-arizonas-first-level-3-evse-pichaco-peak-saturday-december-8th.ht" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Arizona-based GoE3 to unveil southern Arizona's first Level 3 EVSE at Picacho Peak on Saturday, December 8th

Super stoked on the new quick charger. May actually allow us to drive to Phoenix and back, if your battery hasn't lost all of it's capacity from the heat.

ewodraska said:
Super stoked on the new quick charger. May actually allow us to drive to Phoenix and back, if your battery hasn't lost all of it's capacity from the heat.

Don't know if I'm going tomorrow, but maybe.

Overall thoughts include I hope at some point to convince someone somewhere to install a Level II or two (not allowing myself to hope for a Level III yet, but it would be nice) along the road to Nogales.

Also noting the elevation changes from Tucson to Piacacho peak.

Also, is this the first level III on i-10?

Is it the first level III at a gas station in the US or world? (Almost certainly not, just wondering).

Back