Solar Panels For EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
scottsleaf said:
I know this is a solar panel discussion but I was just made aware that a Honda EU2000i portable generator is the way to go. ... Any thoughts?
I think it's already been talked to death: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4047" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the 411! I'm thinking about buying a trailor hitch, attaching a Thule-type carrier (ventilated), and putting 1 or 2 EU2000i generators in it. I don't always have to lug this around but it sure would be nice to have when needed.

gergg said:
I've read through these threads and still have a question.....Approx. how much would one have to spend to get enough solar panel power to fully charge a Leaf every day? And what would that equate to in solar panel lingo?

I think you are asking the wrong question. I think the question is how much will efficiently fit on your southern roof and can you afford that. Then after you get it installed for fun you can say. "My 5kWH AC PV system can annually power my car 20,000 miles."

Back