16-year-old gets first driving lesson in LEAF - Funny

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyROlsen

Here's a video I made showing a mother and father giving their son his first driving lesson in their LEAF.

A whole generation of drivers are coming up who will have the option of never having to deal with hassles and environmental issues associated with gas vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HtcTPYk98&feature=share&list=UUDb0EpKivw1a_LfdpVj-Nww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good stuff! My 6 (six) yr old told her class about riding in a electric car. Wish I was there to see the looks on the kids faces.

Wonder if this family removed the front headrests on purpose for the video? Safety issue in my eyes...hmmm

My 9-year-old daughter barely remembers riding in a gasoline vehicle. By the time she's old enough to drive I doubt she will remember it at all.

I am teaching my 16 year old in the Leaf. I realized the Eco mode is an easy way to learn driving because it slows down as soon you get foot of the 'gas' pedal which is a good thing when you are learning.

My 17 yoa started learning in the wife's Prius. I took him for his last couple lessons in my Leaf and left it in ECO so it would have same feel as the Prius.

He's decided he doesn't want to learn to drive. If only we had legitimate public transportation here.

While my 16 year old is learning to drive in an ICE vehicle, he wanted his FIRST time behind the wheel to be in my Leaf (yes, I did it in a parking lot) :)

Great video! This is how the car should be sold IMO. This video makes the car look "normal". Sunsets and beaches, windmills and cartoon flowers don't tell the average person anything. Edit this video tighter and highlight some safety features and you have a commercial that everyday Americans can relate to.

Nissan should hire you and this family to make a series of commercials! The Mom, Dad and son are all great and camera ready.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

As far as the headrests: Yes, removed temporally for shooting. Hard to see the driver and passenger when they were up at the school yard, but they went back in.

If any of you ever saw the Plug In America public serves announcements we made, you may recognize the father as being "Gasoline."

Here is a link to some of the spots we did.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8A30D58E1AF9DB5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also shot the #5 video in the above list which is a behind the scenes of the PSAs.

My daughter was putting off getting a license because she had some apprehension about doing the 3 point backup and turn. The first week I got my LEAF, she saw that rear view camera an immediately took the LEAF with her to take the test and passed the 3-point turn with flying colors.

My daughter learned on an ICE, had a little experience with the Leaf, and when she turned 16, the Leaf became hers. Had that same cool feeling of a generation starting that will never have regularly driven gas cars.

Cheezmo said:
My daughter learned on an ICE, had a little experience with the Leaf, and when she turned 16, the Leaf became hers. Had that same cool feeling of a generation starting that will never have regularly driven gas cars.
Lucky girl, 16 year old and already owning an electric car. While I own my LEAF, my 21 year old son (who's living at home and commuting to college) gets to drive it and puts the most miles on it. The rule in my household is that anybody who needs to drive the furthest (within LEAF range, of course) gets priority over using the LEAF. Since my work commute is so close to home, he always wins out over me and his mom.

Good video, it is very helpful because all the mechanism behind the engine is also described here. It is very important to become a best driver that you know about all process related to a car and driving.

Very nice!

Including the clip from the black-and-white 1950s-era educational film describing the gas-burning engine, showing its many moving parts and need for ample lubrication was a master stroke. Where did you find the source? I can easily imagine Nissan using that in an ad for the LEAF. It would be very effective to contrast that with a pictorial illustration of the simplicity of the LEAF electric motor.

Thanks again for the comments about my video.

I was looking for some old footage that was almost cartoon like showing how complicated an internal engine was and I looked high and low on youtube but found nothing suitable. I expressed my surprise to my wife and within a few minutes my wife found that footage on youtube. It managed to elude me but she came through.

I don't know the origins of it. Somebody just put it up. I downloaded it from youtube, colorized it and re-edited for my purposes. I was delighted my wife found it because it was exactly what I was thinking of.

I'm now editing a short video I shot with singer/songwriter, Jackson Browne. It features him talking about his experience with his Volt.

It's called, "Jackson Browne: Running on Electricity."

KellyROlsen said:
Here's a video I made showing a mother and father giving their son his first driving lesson in their LEAF.

A whole generation of drivers are coming up who will have the option of never having to deal with hassles and environmental issues associated with gas vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_HtcTPYk98&feature=share&list=UUDb0EpKivw1a_LfdpVj-Nww" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nice video you shared ....

Nice video.

My 18 year old learned driving in my Leaf and also got his license two weeks ago in the Leaf !! So I can definitely relate to this. I hope he stays 100% electric when he buys his own first car.

Our 20, 18, and 16 year-olds all much prefer the LEAFs and sometimes there are minor arguments when all three need a car and one of them has to get stuck with the Camry hybrid. Funny, that hybrid seemed so cool when we got it - now it's the dirty car.

The 16 year old has rarely driven the ICE cars and finds them noisy and harder to drive.

Back