I finally completed all the firmware improvements on 1/29/2013 and released the final 1.0 version of the code.
* Filtering so short charges of less than 60 seconds, seen while pre-heating/pre-cooling, do not get saved in the history log.
* Screen 8 which had been the register view screen has been changed to show the current configuration settings (Version number, Starting Distance to Event value and CAN-DO state OFF- Debug-ON). So it looks just like the screen shown after pressing reset but is view only.
* The Configuration screen has changed (accessed by pressing Reset) so it now includes a flashing arrow to indicate which of the two fields will change when the rotary selector is turned.
* History data is now dumped out the Bluetooth link whenever the display is on and the car is not in drive or charge mode. This will allow a future App to collect and log the history data on your Smartphone or tablet.
* Screen 3, the motor Current/RPM screen, how also shows the peak and current regeneration KWs. The peak value automatically resets to 0 at the start of each drive but can also be manually reset while driving by selecting screen 8.
* The selectable Distance to Event starting value has been reduced from 24 values (12 mi/kw and 12 km/kw values) down to 16 (2.0 thru 4.5 mi/kw and 3.0 thru 7.5 km/kw).
* Interrupt handler has been optimized to reduce overhead.
With the completion of the coding I have started to ship outside the Bay Area. Those with units that have not been updated to version 1.0 can contact me to arrange a flash update.
I have also started production of another batch of WattsLeft™ units. The next batch of circuit boards are done and tested. Cables were just finished today. I had a bit of a shock yesterday when my supplier emailed me there would be an 18 week delay in getting more OLED displays. After checking around today I determined the problem was only with the blue color displays so I switched the order to yellow which I should get in a week or two. Additional Bluetooth modules are also in the mail and should be here next week.
Here is what the blue and yellow OLED displays look like.
The pricing is the same: $199 basic with LCD (these can ship now), plus $20 for Bluetooth option (one can ship now) and plus $30 for OLED (again I have one available now in blue (just sold this one),
next batch will be yellow). Shipping is by USPS Priority Mail. In the US it is about $10.25 which includes tracking number and insurance and around $24 for international Priority Mail. Ships in a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box with cable disconnected to fit in the box.
Here is the current price list (2/23/2013).
If you are interested in getting a WattsLeft™ please email to WattsLeft.firstname.lastname@example.org
. I can send you a copy of the Quick Guide to show you what information can be displayed on the 15 selectable screens.