Blink Membership Rollout Starts Today in Maricopa County

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blink said:
Volusiano said:
Blink said:
Volusiano,

If you choose to change your Blink Plus membership at a later date, all you'll have to do is re-choose the new membership of your choice when ready. Also, your membership calendar year starts on the day you sign up. For example: If you signed up today - July 10, 2012 - your membership will expire on July 10, 2013. Thanks for the question!
Can you give me some additional clarification? It says "Upgrade now and we'll waive your annual fee of $30 membership dues for 2012".

If I signed up for a Basic Membership recently (let's say July 1st, 2012). I then just upgraded today (July 10, 2012). When will be I charge with a renewal fee of $30? January 1st 2013? Or July 1st 2013? Or July 10th, 2013?

One more question: I logged back on your website and don't see any date record of when I signed up recently for the basic membership. Without this information shown, how are people supposed to remember what date they signed up for their membership?

My apologies - I thought this post had gone through successfully and it did not. :/
If you choose to upgrade your membership, your anniversary date for the month/year will currently stay as your original sign up date. However, we are working on getting this changed soon. Also, we are hoping to have the membership sign up date information available within a future release. Thanks again for the questions!
I thought your answer here means that I would be able to enjoy the free Blink Plus membership until my anniversary date (until July 2013). But today I heard that comes January 2013, you will be charging people the $30/year regardless of the anniversary date. I called Blink and they confirmed this with me, so I reverted back to the free basic membership.

Does it mean that you gave me bad information above?

I apologize, I would really like to read this thread from end to end but U an a very slow reader and would loose my home in the process. So, bottom line for me is what are the impacts on the EV Project. I am getting my home charger next week, and asking my employer to install Blink chargers.

I assume all charging at my home will remain free other than paying my electric bill?

Will my employer retain the option to provide me with free charge if that is their preference?

I am not as much concerned if the Blink charger at my local Walgreen's which has been free should begin to charge by the hour like the ones at my local Sears store; however, I think the stores hosting the charging stations should have the option to provide free charge or pay per charge. For example, since I got the LEAF five days ago, my plan is I will be filling all of my future prescriptions at Walgreen's, while I don't feel any additional loyalty to Sears for having the opportunity to pay there.

NoMoShocks said:
I apologize, I would really like to read this thread from end to end but U an a very slow reader and would loose my home in the process. So, bottom line for me is what are the impacts on the EV Project. I am getting my home charger next week, and asking my employer to install Blink chargers.

I assume all charging at my home will remain free other than paying my electric bill?

Will my employer retain the option to provide me with free charge if that is their preference?

I am not as much concerned if the Blink charger at my local Walgreen's which has been free should begin to charge by the hour like the ones at my local Sears store; however, I think the stores hosting the charging stations should have the option to provide free charge or pay per charge. For example, since I got the LEAF five days ago, my plan is I will be filling all of my future prescriptions at Walgreen's, while I don't feel any additional loyalty to Sears for having the opportunity to pay there.
Through the EV Project, your home station will be yours after the project period. During the project period, the EV Project will receive charging statistic data from your EVSE. They don't pay for the electricity.

For the company, if they have a EV Project Blink installed, users of that Blink will have to pay the hourly fee to use it. The company will have to pay for the electricity used unless other programs are available (for example, here in Oregon, Portland General Electric will pay the electricity costs for a DC Quick Charger for one year).

It is not your employers option to set the price for the Blink if it is installed under the EV Project, they would have to buy their own EVSE (could still be a Blink) outright in order to set their own pricing.

Volusiano said:
Blink said:
Volusiano said:
Can you give me some additional clarification? It says "Upgrade now and we'll waive your annual fee of $30 membership dues for 2012".

If I signed up for a Basic Membership recently (let's say July 1st, 2012). I then just upgraded today (July 10, 2012). When will be I charge with a renewal fee of $30? January 1st 2013? Or July 1st 2013? Or July 10th, 2013?

One more question: I logged back on your website and don't see any date record of when I signed up recently for the basic membership. Without this information shown, how are people supposed to remember what date they signed up for their membership?

My apologies - I thought this post had gone through successfully and it did not. :/
If you choose to upgrade your membership, your anniversary date for the month/year will currently stay as your original sign up date. However, we are working on getting this changed soon. Also, we are hoping to have the membership sign up date information available within a future release. Thanks again for the questions!
I thought your answer here means that I would be able to enjoy the free Blink Plus membership until my anniversary date (until July 2013). But today I heard that comes January 2013, you will be charging people the $30/year regardless of the anniversary date. I called Blink and they confirmed this with me, so I reverted back to the free basic membership.

Volusiano,

I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan.

Well, I have been campaigning for my company to put in 3 Level II Blink Chargers. Would these charge $1.00 per hour for Blink Members, because I think that is a steep price for electricity with a Level II charger. A full charge might cost me $3 or $4 where if my company provdies me with a 120 V, 20 Amp circuit to plug in my Level I charger for 9 hours free, I will be better off. The electricity cost to my employer would be same, and installation likely less to provide Level I outlets.

Blink said:
Volusiano said:
Blink said:

Volusiano,

I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan.
Due to the confusion, I already cancelled my Blink Plus membership on that day I called in to Blink to confirm. I'm not sure when "until further notice" is, so I guess I'll stick to the free basic membership for now until a firm and clear policy is established.

Due to the confusion, I already cancelled my Blink Plus membership on that day I called in to Blink to confirm. I'm not sure when "until further notice" is, so I guess I'll stick to the free basic membership for now until a firm and clear policy is established.

+1. I switched to Basic last week, and while on the phone no one mentioned a fee waiver.

Blink said:
Thank you for the clarification!

Volusiano said:
Blink said:
Well, I emailed Blink to switch me to the free basic membership last week if my Plus membership was renewing in January. I haven't heard back yet...

Volusiano said:
LEAFfan said:
Since they posted "no membership fee for 2013", I changed mine today from basic to plus.
Can you show us where they posted this?

Here is Blink's quote today: Volusiano,

"I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan."[/quote]

So they won't be charging the $30 until at least January, 2014.

LEAFfan said:
Volusiano said:
LEAFfan said:
Since they posted "no membership fee for 2013", I changed mine today from basic to plus.
Can you show us where they posted this?

Here is Blink's quote today: Volusiano,

"I apologize for the confusion. At this time, the annual fee for the Blink Plus membership plan will be waived until further notice. You will not be charged the annual fee for 2013, and we will give notice when the annual fee comes into effect with your Blink Plus membership plan."

So they won't be charging the $30 until at least January, 2014.[/quote]Oh, you're just talking about the post in response to my question on this thread. I see.

Since their left hand don't have the same story as their right hand (Blink customer support on the phone vs the Blink poster here), it's even more confusing and I still don't know who to believe.

Until they have something officially posted on their web site about this, I won't trust whatever the Blink poster says on this forum because they've created enough confusion to me. I will only believe it when they post it clearly on their website where I can take a screen snapshot of it for posterity, in case I need it for a dispute later on.

I am also glad that Blink participates actively in this forum.
I think it is valuable for them to get feedback from us, and from my perspective, I don't understand how their business model of charging $1:50 per hour to connect to government subsidized EVSE that provide electricity donated by others. I think it takes away most of the incentive for a commercial business to install the EVSE and donate the electricity to increase retail traffic if EV drivers are not willing to pay the hourly fee. Most of us bought our EVs with specific routes and lack of public EVSE in mind and are not prepared to pay such a premium which basically pushes opperating cost to higher than traditional gasoline powered transportation.

Back