TonyWilliams wrote:Why don't we leave this thread for the actual event?
Also, it would be wise to post SPECIFIC questions you want answered. Naturally, not every question may get responded to, or it may be changed into a different question.
I was wondering why this thread was posted, other than to announce the meeting.
If it's to collect questions in advanced for answers, here are some of mine:
1. Do I need to sign up or reserve a spot? If yes, how? Are seats limited? Is there a sign-up cost to cover the breakfast?
2. How long will it be? What format will it be?
Questions for the panel:
1. The obvious battery replacement pricing question.
2. I'd like to know if Nissan would consider providing a 10 bar warranty (instead of 9 bar warranty) for 2011 and 2012 owners because the advertised degradation is 80% in 5 years. So why would Nissan not back up this claim with a 10 bar warranty?
3. I'd like to know if Nissan would consider a different/better battery capacity remedy/warranty for hot climate states like AZ and TX because it's been established that hot climate states have caused a much more pronounced effect on the battery, hence special treatment for hot climate owners seems justified. Perhaps some kind of time scale warranty, like 12 bars for first year, 11 bars for 2nd year, 10 bars for remaining 3 years, etc.
4. I'm pursuing a buyback request with Nissan. If I'm not happy with the 9 bar warranty, will Nissan still consider my buyback request?
5. I would like to know in more details what are the conditions attached to the battery capacity warranty? Specifically what condition will invalidate the warranty?
6. Will Nissan update the LEAF firmware that will affect the battery capacity bar reading to their advantage? Why not base the battery on KWH capacity instead of capacity bars, which may not at all accurate per Andy Palmer's statement a while back about instrumentation accuracy problem?
7. I would like to know if there's going to be an option to pay more for a fresher battery as opposed to just have Nissan replace an 8 bar battery with a 9 bar battery?
8. What are the long term remedies for Nissan's current battery capacity issue? Will TMS be in a future Nissan EV model? Or a heat-resistant battery chemistry?
9. Will Nissan consider offering a future battery replacement program for a future (discounted) price? Similar to what Tesla is offering on their model S?
10. Does Nissan have any plan in the future to provide a battery replacement program for the LEAF when newer, cheaper, more advanced battery chemistry comes to the market? This is in light of a statement from Andy Palmer in the first video interview with Chelsea where he said that the thought of replacement LEAF battery with new ones years down the road had never entered his mind.