Put. This. Commercial. On. TV.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FalconFour

http://youtu.be/ZFrvxjjrdVo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exactly why is the task of Americanizing this amazing Nissan LEAF "Global" commercial being handed off to people that are doing it as a hobby? Seems that the person that made this (very, very well done) "dubbed" version is just doing it for kicks, by the brief blip of a pre-ad leader board from the original commercial.

Seriously. Is this ad even getting *any* play time here in the U.S.?

TomT said:
Ahh, if only Carwings actually worked that fast and well!

True. I find that it's awkward to "show off" Carwings to folks.

First off there's the real chance that it may fizzle entirely. -- total embarrassment.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=er8g6D_PqvY[/youtube]

But even if it works, it's not very impressive for the uninitiated to watch the app spin for 2 or 3 minutes to accomplish something as simple as flipping a switch. So I surreptitiously turn on the CC, or whatever, and then show them the results (if it works), either by getting into a (cozy, or cool) car, or by having a look at the app once it succeeds.

LOL. Not just about Carwings. I mean, yes, it's on the "oh my god Nissan please fix this some day" list, but it *does* work as the ad shows... no other car does that no matter how long it takes from the phone. :D
(unless you text your roommate, "hey can you start the car lol", then hope it gets done. I think that would take longer than Carwings :lol: )

Point is that no, the cars aren't flying off the lots. Here in Fresno I got a year-old 2011 LEAF in September this year that was still sold (leased) as "new" because it hadn't been sold. Because Nissan isn't advertising the LEAF here. Nobody knows it exists and dealers aren't pointing them out. Dealers still drive gas-powered cars and don't understand the LEAF. People need to ask for it by name, and people don't even know it exists outside of me just driving it around.

Nissan is slashing prices on them because they failed at advertising, plain and simple. All year I've been following LEAF like it was my dream car (and it was, all year, since I first heard about it in 2011!), and I've never seen mainstream advertising of the LEAF. If I've never seen it *and* I've been LOOKING for it... Nissan is doing something very wrong in the ad department.

FalconFour said:
no other car does that no matter how long it takes from the phone. :D
I'm pretty sure out Volt does that too.. but honestly it is a feature I rarely use on either car and could live without.

adric22 said:
I'm pretty sure out Volt does that too..
you know what I mean... :lol:

It's an "Ooh Aah, my Accord/Civic/Corolla/Camry/Altima doesn't do that..." feature.

LEAF isn't competing against Volt as far as I'm concerned. LEAF is competing against "all those other 300 cars on a car lot" when LEAF is the only electric car on that lot... that means some 99 out of 100 cars any dealership sells would be another gas-powered clunker, because people are being sold "Altimas" and "Cruze" (... I don't even know what a "Corolla" is for Chevy, I had to look that up. *hides head in shame*) instead of LEAFs and Volts. >.<

I lost my smart phone last year and won't replace it because I'm punishing myself for losing it :twisted: so I can't use the Car Wings features right now.

But, before I lost the smart phone, I used to pre-cool my LEAF with it whenever I went shopping. It's a great summertime feature in Fresno!

FalconFour said:
Point is that no, the cars aren't flying off the lots. Here in Fresno I got a year-old 2011 LEAF in September this year that was still sold (leased) as "new" because it hadn't been sold. Because Nissan isn't advertising the LEAF here. Nobody knows it exists and dealers aren't pointing them out. Dealers still drive gas-powered cars and don't understand the LEAF. People need to ask for it by name, and people don't even know it exists outside of me just driving it around.
you are so correct, unfortunately... in the 3 contacts I had with the local dealership, nobody (from sales person to Financial, to manager) was properly trained to handle a LEAF customer. They had no idea what it really is, the features erc... advertising will draw folks in but lack of training will not help sales.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception. The Nissan dealer just down the street from me is clueless when it comes to all things Leaf.

NSXTASY said:
you are so correct, unfortunately... in the 3 contacts I had with the local dealership, nobody (from sales person to Financial, to manager) was properly trained to handle a LEAF customer. They had no idea what it really is, the features erc... advertising will draw folks in but lack of training will not help sales.

TomT said:
Unfortunately, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception. The Nissan dealer just down the street from me is clueless when it comes to all things Leaf.

NSXTASY said:

Today I got a follow up call from NISSAN about my transaction experience with the LEAF. I told them exactly what I wrote earlier, making sure the dealership would not get dinged b/c they did provide every and any help they could. They just did not have all the info and tools (training) to educate me or steer me towards a LEAF if I wasnt already motivated when I went in the first place. I blame NISSAN who is setting the salespeople in the dealerships for FAILURE.

Back