Meeting with Nissan, Phoenix, Jan 8, 2013, 6pm, drinks prior

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
live blogging????
Here are a few photos I snapped earlier today. I'm sure many better ones will follow. It was good to see everyone.

phxtwnh1

RFlXT4

UVClhS

RFm7cV

Xjm2Lv
VK6iSY

Thanks for all the pictures, guys! Pleas keep them coming!
TickTock said:
A few shots I took..
Does the dead body in the boot (I'm thinking TickTock may be British!) come standard with the 2013, or was that a direct result of yesterday's meeting? :lol:

RegGuheert said:
Thanks for all the pictures, guys! Pleas keep them coming!
TickTock said:
A few shots I took..
Does the dead body in the boot (I'm thinking TickTock may be British!) come standard with the 2013, or was that a direct result of yesterday's meeting? :lol:
Mark Perry? :)

I was actually pretty excited about the 2013. Went down my checklist and they hit most of my gripes.
1) leather- check (OK, it is probably pleather, but as long as it lasts and cleans as well I don't care)
2) climate control - They fixed this right. You can set the heat temperature separately from the cooling temperature so no energy consumed if temps are in your defined acceptable band
3) rear headrests - improved (although not quite as nice as those on the Leafs sold in Japan)
4) 6.6kW charger - check
5) efficient heater - check
6) visor extension - check
7) better capacity guage - meh. Improved. They added a %SOC which is nice, but doesn't tell me how much charge I have left in absolute terms. However, this is a lot better than the 12 bars on the earlier models.

P.S. I am not British - perhaps Andy inspired me. :)

is the 6.6kwh standard now or an option?
Is the range improved?
Is it real leather or leatherette?
did they improve carvings? ( or any of the interface?)
Is there a way to get rid of the OK accept each time you enter the car?
Will it handle better cold weather ( battery liquid warmer)
Did they install a good defogger in the car at last?
Is the steering telescopic?
Can we finally order the car with a Sunroof?

That's the things that matter the most to me.

Cheers

The four buttons on the lower left have changed. Clearly the one on the left is the timer override button. So the hatch release is now electrically operated? The auto button looks like a toggle, is that to automatically open the hatch when you stop? And what's the button with the plug "face" on it?

berenger said:
is the 6.6kwh standard now or an option?
Is the range improved?
Is it real leather or leatherette?
did they improve carvings? ( or any of the interface?)
Is there a way to get rid of the OK accept each time you enter the car?
Did they install a good defogger in the car at last?
Is the steering telescopic?
Can we finally order the car with a Sunroof?

That's the things that matter the most to me.
Cheers
What about:
  • Is the HVAC heatpump?
  • is there HWS (heated windshield)?
  • Has the size of battery pack (in kWh) increased and if the "useable" battery size increased?

berenger said:

The only Nissan LEAF battery chart i had is one showing temperature performance. Its for the 2010-2012 LEAF, but what is apparent is that capacity at reduced temperatures is dependent on rate of discharge. With the LEAF gaining reverse cycle heating, not only is energy draw reduced compared to resistive heating, the power draw is also reduced. SO with the same battery, reverse cycle heating will claw back most of winter's lost range. Perhaps not for some regions, but for the vast majority of regions where the vehicles is sold.

Here are some of my pix:

pic

LEAFSCAN™ still works properly!

pic

The J1772 port now has a light (upper left) and an electromechanical locking function.

pic

It is activated by a 3-position switch on the dash.

...more to come...

-Phil

rborba said:
Phil: How did the LEAFScan SoC compare with the new SoC% displayed on the 2013 dashboard?
The dash read 60% when I took that picture. 60% != 62.25%, so they must be padding the ends to make 0% "empty" and 100% "full".

-Phil

I spent all day Monday renewing my pilot stuff (medical, BFR), but midday Monday is when I received airline tickets from Nissan for the trip. I showed up at the hotel and meeting place around 4pm.

C3D37C01-B41E-4408-96BF-5FF2F839275B-7206-00000478208A5C79.jpg

57295EA7-5AB2-43B4-B0B1-849E8EB09C41-7206-00000478161D6AA2.jpg

8C402915-BE0F-45B0-A83D-FE9762E2B504-7206-000004781E0143B9.jpg

9F637495-AC18-4E7B-940F-636546891A48-7206-000004ACCD787F1C.jpg

971651AB-218E-4575-90D0-A1D0FBD0CDBC-7206-000004ACD8C4B30E.jpg

878DB84C-A420-4A46-BF60-2FB1DA46BFA3-7206-000004ACD30C1BD1.jpg

Back