LEAF posing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really loved this pic! I posted it on my Facebook, thanks for posting! It's nice seeing a EV being useful even in very rural areas w/o charging infrastructure,so to speak. :)

- stefan in Montreal

dgpcolorado said:
The rural "superhighway" that I use to go grocery shopping in the big city, looking south (homeward). This is the most heavily traveled road in my county, population 4300, except for one state and one federal highway that transect the county.

Took advantage of the nice weather to take some pictures of my car and the San Juan Mountains, as seen from near the Dallas Divide.

14381999774_11ec862416_b.jpg

The mountain peak in the picture above is Mount Sneffels, 14,150 feet. Not much snow left given recent warm weather and a lower than average snowpack.

14196350970_433c33e597_b.jpg

My car is very rarely this clean: I had washed it to display it at the local "Green energy Expo" today.

Lasareath said:
Thank God I Don't need the extra Head Room!!!
Heh, funny pic. I do have to say that those 17" wheels look very good.

I'm surprised that no-one has tried testing the efficiency of them compared to the 16" wheels...

Thanks! I think people have commented that the tires are better on the 17's. They are Michelin.

drees said:
Lasareath said:
Thank God I Don't need the extra Head Room!!!
Heh, funny pic. I do have to say that those 17" wheels look very good.

I'm surprised that no-one has tried testing the efficiency of them compared to the 16" wheels...

Here's my 2013 LEAF after I dropped off a customers guitar I just finished repairing. This is at the Nissan Technical Center North America here in Farmington Hills Michigan. I am using the ONLY 440v DC quick charger anywhere in Michigan. LOL Wish there were more of these around.

Mike R

The closest one to my house is 103 miles away :(

mrench01 said:
Here's my 2013 LEAF after I dropped off a customers guitar I just finished repairing. This is at the Nissan Technical Center North America here in Farmington Hills Michigan. I am using the ONLY 440v DC quick charger anywhere in Michigan. LOL Wish there were more of these around.

Mike R

Lasareath said:
That's close by my standards! So far as I know the closest to me is 500+ miles away in Phoenix. There don't seem to be any DCFC stations in my state (according to plugshare.com). Which is why I purchased a LEAF without a QC port. I don't even have any public L2 charge stations in my county nor in the six neighboring counties. One well-placed L2 station would make a huge difference for me next winter.

Wow that's terrible. The other day I showed a friend on carwings and there were 100 in a 30 miles radius. I was in NYC.

dgpcolorado said:
Lasareath said:
That's close by my standards! So far as I know the closest to me is 500+ miles away in Phoenix. There don't seem to be any DCFC stations in my state (according to plugshare.com). Which is why I purchased a LEAF without a QC port. I don't even have any public L2 charge stations in my county nor in the six neighboring counties. One well-placed L2 station would make a huge difference for me next winter.

Jeez! They need to put these things on people's homes' roofs, not line the beautiful desert with it!

Sorry folks, I'm sooo against it...

ILETRIC said:
Jeez! They need to put these things on people's homes' roofs, not line the beautiful desert with it!

Sorry folks, I'm sooo against it...
I agree that is the ideal state but I guess I'm a glass in half-full person. I'll take a solar plant over another natural gas or coal plant any day.
(BTW, my Leaf is actually powered from my own 11.8kW array - I just thought this would make a nice shot)

Back