Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my signed/approved Georgia Tax Credit Form back from James Udi, do I need to do anything at this point, or just wait for the credit check?

Thanks

gergg said:
I just received my signed/approved Georgia Tax Credit Form back from James Udi, do I need to do anything at this point, or just wait for the credit check?

Thanks
You will have to attach the original, signed form when you file a hard copy income tax return. That's where the waiting comes in, because GA is nearly as slow as Christmas in issuing refunds on paper tax returns. Don't spend it yet! :shock:

You will have to attach the original, signed form when you file a hard copy income tax return. That's where the waiting comes in, because GA is nearly as slow as Christmas in issuing refunds on paper tax returns. Don't spend it yet!
Okay, thanks.

Yesterday I saw the second LEAF I've seen, other than my own of course, since we moved to Georgia last August. It was a red one just like mine. It was on Market place blvd in Cumming about 2:30 (I think) in front of KOHL's. I was heading toward WalMart and Michaels and the other LEAF was signaling a turn to cross the line of traffic I was in. Was this you?

Yesterday I saw the second LEAF I've seen, other than my own of course, since we moved to Georgia last August. It was a red one just like mine. It was on Market place blvd in Cumming about 2:30 (I think) in front of KOHL's. I was heading toward WalMart and Michaels and the other LEAF was signaling a turn to cross the line of traffic I was in. Was this you?
My wife was down there yesterday at that time and our LEAF is red, so if it was a female driving it was most likely our car. She is funny, no range anxiety with her, pulled into the garage on low battery, eh no worries she said, got it all figured out.

I saw a Fisker Karma this morning around 9:15 am going west on 120 between 141 and PIB. What a beautiful car... I felt my Leaf turned into a putt-putt when I saw that beauty.

Truth be told, I didn't notice the driver. I noticed the red color, the LEAF lines and the charge door, then my eyes were back on traffic in front of me. It was a bit busy at that time. :shock:

We live about five miles south of the Georgia Premium Outlet stores, one Saturday (100% charge) in December we drove to Trader Joe's in Roswell (about 32 mi each way) came back and ran a few more errands. We got back to the house just after the "low battery" warning. We had 88.8 miles on the odometer. I have never gone to the "very low battery" warning.

We aren't getting the efficiency that we saw when we were in NH. We routinely saw 5.2 mi/Kwh. Here we are getting around 4.2 but our usual routes are more hilly here. I know... NH is a hilly area but the town where we lived was in a valley and our travels rarely took us out of town and the routes were quite flat.

FWIW.. My tag is "PLUGZN". :)

gergg said:
jimcmorr said:

My wife was down there yesterday at that time and our LEAF is red, so if it was a female driving it was most likely our car. She is funny, no range anxiety with her, pulled into the garage on low battery, eh no worries she said, got it all figured out.

braineo said:
I saw a Fisker Karma this morning around 9:15 am going west on 120 between 141 and PIB. What a beautiful car... I felt my Leaf turned into a putt-putt when I saw that beauty.

I've seen a few Fiskers already. The latest one was charging at the Atlantic Station taking up extra spots to the side (it can't fit into a regular spot - it's too big) and a couple of my pics are available through PlugShare. What an amazing car (ecologically not as sound though) but keep in mind that due to its passenger space it's classified as 'compact' while the LEAF is a 'midsize' car - hehe :)

It may be built in Finland but it's still an "American" car - very cool... The sad thing is the company most likely will not survive 2013 :(

nogajim said:

No, My salesman has asked me to talk to prospective customers but no one from the news has ever talked to me yet.

I was about to post something here which is why I was on this page. Middle GA has a new L2 charger in Down town Macon. It is located at the corner of Mulberry and 2nd. next to the Bibb County court house. I was there last Saturday and tried to use it. First time I ever tried to use a public charger. Of course the first thing it asked me to do was to swipe my card. What card says I. So I look for phone numbers or any other instructions. The only instruction on the screen is to swipe your card, then plug into the car. So I decide to plug in anyway, and at first it looks like it will start charging, then turns off. So I figured It really wanted my card swiped.
It took me about five calls including one to 13maz but I finally was routed to the correct person to talk to, a Sam Kitchen. It seems like middle GA will get 100 L2 chargers installed at different locations and at least 5 QCs. Sam and I had a nice long talk and he asked for my input on where the chargers should be placed. We exchanged email addresses and I have provided him a list of possible locations in Perry, Warner Robins, and Macon. He indicated that my selections was a 90% match on what is currently being discussed. Of course he discussed the problem I had with the L2 as the RDIF was suppose to have been disabled. I now believe it was not the L2's fault but my own. This being the first time I have tried public charging, I forgot to turn off my timers. I believe it was the timer that turned the system off, not the L2 unit not being swiped.

In any case Car Stations has this on it's database Plug share and of course Nissan's navigation does not. It seems Nissan (or the agent running it) wants to charge Bibb county to have it's chargers placed on the Nissan Navigation Maps.

nogajim said:

Oh, one more thing. I work at Robins AFB in bldg 228. We share a huge parking lot with about seven or eight other bldgs. At times I have seen two other Leafs in the parking lot. In talking with my salesman at 5 star Nissan, they do not have any Leafs on the lots and have sold all they can get their hands on. I know they have had some sit on the lot but I don't know for how long.

It would be nice if there were a few L2s and maybe a L3 at or near the North Georgia Premium Outlet Stores too. Oh and the North Springs MARTA station! :shock:

N952JL said:
I now believe it was not the L2's fault but my own. This being the first time I have tried public charging, I forgot to turn off my timers. I believe it was the timer that turned the system off, not the L2 unit not being swiped.

In any case Car Stations has this on it's database Plug share and of course Nissan's navigation does not. It seems Nissan (or the agent running it) wants to charge Bibb county to have it's chargers placed on the Nissan Navigation Maps.

I haven't seen any GE stations with card swipes like that before. Each network is a bit different. For the Blink stations, I punch my timer button, open the charge port, then swipe my card (it also asks my zip code), then I plug in. It feels like I'm on minute to win it, but I try to make sure the car and the station are both ready to go when I plug in. Once you have used a station, your nav will remember it, so I like to plug in to new ones that are along my way. Eventually they will trickle in through CarWings too.

Jim McC, I have heard a rumor about a Level 3 going in to an outlet mall that is on the way to Clayton, which is also supposed to get one. So maybe that is yours, unless there is another outlet mall out that way. There are supposed to be at least 15 QCs in Altanta, but no signs of them yet that I have heard. There are L2s at Manuel's Tavern, where the EV club meets, One more reason to come!

nogajim said:
Jim McC, I have heard a rumor about a Level 3 going in to an outlet mall that is on the way to Clayton, which is also supposed to get one. So maybe that is yours, unless there is another outlet mall out that way. There are supposed to be at least 15 QCs in Altanta, but no signs of them yet that I have heard. There are L2s at Manuel's Tavern, where the EV club meets, One more reason to come!

The outlet stores I am talking about, are on GA 400 in Dawsonville. I wonder if Claton outlet stores are connected to Dawsonville outlets.

Good to know about charging at Manuel's Tavern, I looked it up on Google and figured I wouldn't make it there and back without a recharge. And I didn't think I wanted to show up to a EV meeting with an ICE. :shock:

I called MARTA several weeks ago to ask about chrging at North Springs station but they said there was nothing there. So I suggested they should get charging stations set up. I have no idea if they have any intention of acting on my suggestion, knowing they are cash strapped and complaining about funding.

FYI: regarding my handle "jimcmorr"; first name "jim", middle init "c" and first four of last name "morr". :cool:

The first L3 in GA will appear at a Chevron gas station in Buckhead. Once it does then things should start rolling. Instead of "donating" L3s to the city of Atlanta over a year ago, Nissan should have installed those at the willing dealerships (or gas stations like they did with Murphy in Chattanooga) which I also think is a plan. I can't wait but it really is taking too long...

A friend who checks out a LOT of charging stations, but lives in Atlanta says the station needed a reset after a power outage but should be back online.check out recargo.com for the explanation. It is a good place to checking when you have had goo or bad charging experiences.

And Jim CM, sorry for the transposition!

Hey I found my old post from years ago..

As I was driving by the North Georgia Premium outlets this morning I saw this out of the corner of my eye. I had to turn around and go get a better look. I thought you folks would like to see too.

A ChaDeMo charger and two regular 240 volt charging stations, are in the back parking lot at the the North Georgia Premium outlets in Dawsonville near Lumpkin Campground rd. and the Goodwill donation trailer.

This is not in service yet and does not appear on plugshare yet. but it looks promising.. :D

20150314_104248Croped.jpg

jimcmorr said:
Hey I found my old post from years ago..

As I was driving by the North Georgia Premium outlets this morning I saw this out of the corner of my eye. I had to turn around and go get a better look. I thought you folks would like to see too.

A ChaDeMo charger and two regular 240 volt charging stations, are in the back parking lot at the the North Georgia Premium outlets in Dawsonville near Lumpkin Campground rd. and the Goodwill donation trailer.

This is not in service yet and does not appear on plugshare yet. but it looks promising.. :D

20150314_104248Croped.jpg

this looks very promising but I've had my Leaf since Dec of 2011. I have now bought out the lease. So the white dragon is now Mine, all Mine. In any case, I have only seen one public charger (L-2) in middle GA that is truely open to the public. And that one is at bibb county court house in Macon. I wish they would put some more in the malls in Macon. And at the science center, some more at the venues down town. Last time I went to the Grand another leaf had my spot at the charger.

Back